Dutasteride Saving Crown But How To Save Hairline?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm a good combination for dutasteride?

Are you all saying that dutasteride, spironolactone, and oral minoxidil is a good combo?

I'm looking for a last resort before I get a hair transplant.

finasteride and minoxidil didn't do anything for me but slow it down slightly

wemustchange

Reaction score
Dude how old are you? I'm not freaking out at all! Don't tell me I won't know sh*t for 6 months.. is that your experience? I'm telling YOU! I respond to dutasteride within two week. The hairs at the hairline start to grow thicker which is visible to the eye and in photos. Stick to your regemin and I'll stick to mine. Everyone is different! Speak for yourself and share what works for you. All of this is trial and error with everyone.

You saw results in 2 weeks? 2 months? No, you've been outed as not knowing sh*t. It is impossible to notice a positive response to a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor inside the time frame of a hair cycle. Again, get a grip. Stop spreading misinformation. This isn't trial and error. This medication has a long, established history rooted in scientific research.

wemustchange

Reaction score
Dude how old are you? I'm not freaking out at all! Don't tell me I won't know sh*t for 6 months.. is that your experience? I'm telling YOU! I respond to dutasteride within two week. The hairs at the hairline start to grow thicker which is visible to the eye and in photos. Stick to your regemin and I'll stick to mine. Everyone is different! Speak for yourself and share what works for you. All of this is trial and error with everyone.

FYI I wasn't talking to ya weirdo (and liar).

wemustchange

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm a good combination for dutasteride?

Are you all saying that dutasteride, spironolactone, and oral minoxidil is a good combo?

I'm looking for a last resort before I get a hair transplant.

finasteride and minoxidil didn't do anything for me but slow it down slightly

0.5 dutasteride, RU as AA topical, and topical minoxidil twice a day. It is nearly impossible for you to lose hair on this regime unless it is caused by something else.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
0.5 dutasteride, RU as AA topical, and topical minoxidil twice a day. It is nearly impossible for you to lose hair on this regime unless it is caused by something else.
What is RU?

I need the drug name so I can get it at the pharmacy (I live in asia and don't need prescriptions)

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is RU actually useful if already on finasteride or dutasteride?

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone here been on duta + spironolactone for awhile?? If so, when did you experience the first positive results like reduction in shedding, less itching etc ?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
2.5mg oral minoxidil, 2 x 5% topical minoxidil a day, Diane35 estrogen/progesterone pill, topical “daro” (we think it’s actually enzalutamide) once a day, 6ml stemoxydine once a day, derma stamping once a week, a truck load of vitamins and supplements including NAC, msm, vitamin d, iron, b vits, coq10, liver support, minerals etc.
I’m still losing hair and YES I have Androgenetic Alopecia. The dumbasses on this thread who are saying “you can’t lose hair on duta, ru and minoxidil if you have Androgenetic Alopecia” have no idea just how complex hairloss actually is.
Stop misleading newbies for f*** sake.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2.5mg oral minoxidil, 2 x 5% topical minoxidil a day, Diane35 estrogen/progesterone pill, topical “daro” (we think it’s actually enzalutamide) once a day, 6ml stemoxydine once a day, derma stamping once a week, a truck load of vitamins and supplements including NAC, msm, vitamin d, iron, b vits, coq10, liver support, minerals etc.
I’m still losing hair and YES I have Androgenetic Alopecia. The dumbasses on this thread who are saying “you can’t lose hair on duta, ru and minoxidil if you have Androgenetic Alopecia” have no idea just how complex hairloss actually is.
Stop misleading newbies for f*** sake.

Im not an expert about females hair loss but its incredible you still lose hairs with all these meds and supplements. If i were you i would ask to some profesional if you can try duta and spironolactone. I saw some derma advise to try those meds in the spanish forum

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not an expert about females hair loss but its incredible you still lose hairs with all these meds and supplements. If i were you i would ask to some profesional if you can try duta and spironolactone. I saw some derma advise to try those meds in the spanish forum
Been there done that didn’t work.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Its always hard to believe that a guy takes dutasteride and continues losing hair like that. Id give it at least a year or maybe 2 before deciding to drop it because its definitely the best you can do. It takes a long time sometimes to see results.
Its just what is the explanation for someone on dutasteride with almost no DHT still going bald? male pattern baldness has so so many unknowns still enough to fill a large book

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its always hard to believe that a guy takes dutasteride and continues losing hair like that. Id give it at least a year or maybe 2 before deciding to drop it because its definitely the best you can do. It takes a long time sometimes to see results.
Its just what is the explanation for someone on dutasteride with almost no DHT still going bald? male pattern baldness has so so many unknowns still enough to fill a large book

I think the hair line and temples have a lot to do with scalp/skull development. I noticed with me, the front is very tight and when I do my massages I can feel the bone/cartilage crunching. I do not know if my scalp was always like this as I never paid much attention and my hair line always looked 'receded' since it was so high however I am definitely noticing a downturn in it with less and less hair, ugh. All we can do is try. I think most people that post here are drama queens about their hair though and are not a good gouge if a treatment is good or not...

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on duta for a year now and I'm still losing ground when it comes to my hairline...Used finasteride for almost a decade with success before that but I started losing again...I use minoxidil and ketoconazole besides duta. What to do now, is there still hope? I have the feeling that my hair on top is thicker than ever....but that damn hairline! Don't know what to do now...

BTW when I started with duta I had a big fat shedding that lasted a couple of months..now im not shedding, just losing my hairline..if that extra info helps.

Hope to hear your thoughts, because I'm starting to become pretty damn desperate by now!

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think the whole issue is once you start male pattern baldness the sensitivity forever increases as you age. It over powers the AAs your using over time, and the immune system starts taking over the longer male pattern baldness is happening like allergies. Once the immune system starts attacking hair you cant regrow or stop it with AAs anymore.
We need that cyclosporine drug or something to help calm the immune response safely, but of course the immune system is incredibly dangerous to mess with. Its a tough one.
You cant play the AA game and win if your hair is sensitive enough it will never stop.

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on it for a decade, but I notice that I've been losing ground in these past 2 years. It was really good for a long time.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here been on duta + spironolactone for awhile?? If so, when did you experience the first positive results like reduction in shedding, less itching etc ?
Yes im curious, spironolactone lowers testosterone in the scalp, and therefore there is less DHT to attack the hair. I read somewhere else on this board that duta only lowers dht in the scalp by like 76 percent (more than 92 in the blood), so maybe adding a topical anti androgen would be smart?