Dutasteride Saving Crown But How To Save Hairline?

nicksparrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my temples still receding over past 3 months and hairline a little bit up.
what to do?
but crown isn't thinning anymore, possibly denser.
been on dutas for 2 months now.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not much else you can do, just have to give it time. I continued to thin the 3 months on dutasteride. If you don't respond to finasteride there is a good chance you won't respond very well to dutasteride.

nicksparrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not much else you can do, just have to give it time. I continued to thin the 3 months on dutasteride. If you don't respond to finasteride there is a good chance you won't respond very well to dutasteride.
I will try doing 5mg Dutasteride a day and see. Up from .5 daily.

MaxPayne3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah thats also crazy expensive lol
That's also non sense. Maybe you can do two pills a day. Or maybe one a day and start with an androgen blocker al low dose. Cyproterone acetate or bicalutamide.

nicksparrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i shall up to 5mg a day for 3 months and see if any improvements. that's 900 dutasteride pills over 3 month span.
if not, i'll shave my head and ddos any1 who suggests dutasteride to me ever again. thnx for ur advices.

MaxPayne3

My Regimen
Reaction score
i shall up to 5mg a day for 3 months and see if any improvements. that's 900 dutasteride pills over 3 month span.
if not, i'll shave my head and ddos any1 who suggests dutasteride to me ever again. thnx for ur advices.
5 mg a day in three months I think you will go at hospital.
Dutasteride at standard dose and an androgen blocker at low dose is safer, more effective and less expensive.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
5mg ..poor your liver..

When i used dutas in 2 months i was shedding the front but the crown was more thicker.. same of you.

You must wait, hair cycle is 4 months,, only after that time you will see first results. Dont get crazy

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
5mg ..poor your liver..

When i used dutas in 2 months i was shedding the front but the crown was more thicker.. same of you.

You must wait, hair cycle is 4 months,, only after that time you will see first results. Dont get crazy
How are things going on it now? Any sides? Any regrowth at the hairline? Did you try finasteride as well?

nicksparrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5mg ..poor your liver..

Lost too much in temples ain't my gonna risk anymore. Liver can handle 3 months whatever, I want to see result f*****g now! Or I shave!

nicksparrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How are things going on it now? Any sides? Any regrowth at the hairline? Did you try finasteride as well?
I had gynecomastia fromnit but I take Letrozole once a week and been fine after that. But hairline moving up bit and temples are f*****g over. Been on it for 2 months and only difference is less thinning at crown.

MaxPayne3

My Regimen
Reaction score
After lots of years shedding you can't expect results in only three months.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nick do not shave and do not take 5mg of dutas. What you need my friend is oral minoxidil and a good topical like RU for the hairline!

nicksparrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nick do not shave and do not take 5mg of dutas. What you need my friend is oral minoxidil and a good topical like RU for the hairline!
I have s5 cream about to use. And minoxidil started giving me ugly under eye wrinkles two weeks in. Gave up on it.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have s5 cream about to use. And minoxidil started giving me ugly under eye wrinkles two weeks in. Gave up on it.

Dude you can't expect to stop temple recession with that regiment, you should be on ORAL spironolactone 100mg 2x a day and oral minoxidil 5mg 2x a day with RU for the hairline plus 0.5mg of dutasteride. If you have the money for 5mg of dutasteride a day then you definitely have enough money for the other treatments. You either go hard or go bald in this sick game.

EDIT: The eye wrinkes will go away if you use oral minoxidil after a while it will sort it self out.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral spironolactone is bold, but so is 5mg dutasteride. Is oral minoxidil even effective at the low dosages prescribed for hair loss?

Pretty sure that much dutasteride could f*** your liver up though, but to each his own. Already f*****g mine up with alcohol so I can't talk.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral spironolactone is bold, but so is 5mg dutasteride. Is oral minoxidil even effective at thedosages prescribed for hair loss?
I would say its more effective than topical, i was speaking to someone on tressless (reddit hairloss forum) who was only taking 5mg and he is experiencing significant regrowth at the crown and temples. I hope i do too. A respected surgeon known as Dr Pathomvanich prescribes it to some of his patients and has said the results he has seen are far superior to that of topical :)