Dutasteride Not Lowering My Dht Levels

Mywinningfight

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mywinningfight I was asking because i see alot of people claiming that some hairloss drug/protocol doesnt work for them while they dont even have hairloss. Some guys think just because they have widow peaks or because their hair isnt perfect or doesnt have the thickness of a grizzly bears fur, it means they have hairloss. Then they jump on dutasteride, minoxidil or whatever, and say it doesnt work because they didnt have a shedding phase and therefore no regrowth either.
I was one of those people several years ago. When i didnt have hairloss, used minoxidil, and neither experienced shedding or regrowth.

Believe me, I have hair loss.

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s not so uncommon. Many people are not responding to finasteride

by failing, I mean no reduction in serum DHT, which is impossible, but *clinical* response to treatment is something completely different, and you are right here, only 70 - 90 % rspond clinically (i.e. with no further progression of male pattern baldness and/or some thickening). But the combination of both drugs on reducing serum dht *must* work, otherwise the person treated is either some alien creature or the lab just sucks, period.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
Male, 35 years old. NW3 thinning in all the NW5 area.

One year and a half taking Dutasteride to treat my hair loss. Bought in a local pharmacy, brand Avodart.

My DHT levels ( tested in three different labs in the last two months) are in the normal range : 0,36ng/ml (normal range 0,25- 0,99 ng/ml.)

How is this possible?

Thank you so much in advance.
Serum dht levels and scalp dht can and will most likely be different. Circulating dht doesn't mean much for M P.B. dht attaches to tissue it doesn't just float around in the blood like fish swimming in a pond.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Try Avodart from a different pharmacy, as it should register a much lower DHT level.

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
Legit dutasteride, be it Avodart or a generic, will dose dependently always lower the serum DHT levels (except for maybe some very very rare cases where the 5-ar enzymes are genetically encoded differently or something) , same for legit finasteride, and I find it *highly* suspicious that a lab test shows high DHT while on both drugs at the same time, it has to be the lab's fault, at least in my own case. Oh, I almost forgot: i've been so baffled back then that I had a second lab test done (by a different lab used by my family practioner to send the blood samples in) and paid EUR 55 for it. The DHT was way lower in the second lab test, matching the lowest value of the range, but probably was still inaccurate, the same lab found it to be below the normal range about 3 years ago or so, and by that time I was only using Finasteride 1 mg (Propecia). So I suspect the standard tests done in the lab for DHT are not very accurate, and one lab might be less reliable (for whatever reason) than the other.

My drugs (obtained from a german pharmacy here in town) have been and are 100 % legit, btw.

Regards
Kaus Klinski

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Just got my results after 0.5mg ED. Its in the middle range. Dont have baseline test.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Besides the good answers you already received i would check androstenedione which is a sexual precursor more reliable because less fluctuant than dht.
Dht levels can be deceiving