Dutasteride Is Not That More Effective Than Finasteride

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
What was the other cause of his hairloss?
He never said. I guess it was inflammation in the body and scalp. He took supplements like parilla leaves to treat inflammation. Alot of stuff can decrease inflammation like ginger and curcumin. But basically he got results from finasteride then later started shedding hair again and thinning. He told his viewers to find the cause of your hairloss if or when finasteride stops working.

Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know where the misconception that dutasteride is a miracle drug and prevents hair loss in 99% of cases came from. I know three people from the age of 15-18 In real life that are on it as well as me and it barely has an effect on hair loss. In my honest opinion if u start balding in college or earlier (I started balding at 13-14) then dutasteride or finasteride won't do sh*t. The only stuff that has worked well was oral testosterone blockers. People on this website NEED to understand that testosterone causes hair loss, not DHT. Although Testosterone is 10-20x more abundant than DHT on a ng/dl basis in the male autonomy. DHT is about 3-5x more androgenic so lets just say 1ng of DHT is 4ng of androgens in comparison to testosterone. The normal range for testosterone levels are 300-1000ng/dl and for DHT it is 25-75mg/dl. We know that androgens (testosterone and dht) cause hair loss. so if you take a person 1000ng/dl of testosterone and 75ng/dl of DHT(1000X1=1000 + (75*4)=1300 of androgens. lets just say we give them Dutasteride. WELL, they will have 90% less DHT. so then they have (1000 + 7.5*4)=1030 of androgens. 1030/1300 Is a 20% reduction in androgen levels. so how TF are u gonna tell me that reducing my androgens by 20% is gonna cure my hair loss???? A cure would be a T blocker or an AR blocker. From what I've seen: spironolactone, cyproterone acetate, flutamide, enzalutamide, or bicalutamide will prevent hair loss. These will ACTUALLY change your androgen levels drastically or inhibit activation of the AR.

NOTE: I am not anti-testosterone. If I did not suffer from male pattern baldness I would be probably on roids right now. Testosterone is a great hormone, but if I'm gonna be the only bald 17 year old in my school of 3000 kids and get bullied everyday, then F**K that. @Sonolmn98 @Maave
There is not a misconception . There are studies an even a phase 2 done in USA by GSK with great results ( leaving aside the side effects )