Dutasteride Is Not That More Effective Than Finasteride

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since DHT inhibitors don’t have the power to resolve such significant hair loss which started at fourteen. In fact, I don’t think anyone could assume that it’s effective at ages fourteen to nineteen since studies testing its effectiveness long-term have a minimum age of around twenty years old. Although I don’t have much evidence to back myself up, neither do you.

There have been individuals who started dutasteride at 18 or 19 and over ten years later still are having success. They also added photographic proof to validate their claims.

HLV

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There have been individuals who started dutasteride at 18 or 19 and over ten years later still are having success. They also added photographic proof to validate their claims.

HLV

Although, I am talking about studies. I would like to see those individuals stories, since I doubt they started with a baseline similar to mine.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Although, I am talking about studies. I would like to see those individuals stories, since I doubt they started with a baseline similar to mine.

Out of interest, do you have any pictures of your hair pre treatment? If you wish to keep them private, that is completely your right.

HLV

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Out of interest, do you have any pictures of your hair pre treatment? If you wish to keep them private, that is completely your right.

HLV

I do have an image, which I can send in PM. Although, I would like to see these peoples stories.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are some examples of 5-10 year maintenance from use of Finasteride 1MG or Dutasteride In individuals who lost early early, around 17-20 etc.

Bear in mind it will always be difficult to find success stories for dutasteride treatment at the age of 17 etc as it is not FDA approved for hairloss, and people who use it are doing so at their own risk.

First case is one of most detailed ten year cases on Finasteride 1MG. I must add he used minoxidil but did not believe it was of much use. He has a YouTube video with details of his case and I have also linked one of his earlier threads. He had substantial hairloss at the age of 19 as he has fully documented.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...eeping-it-for-more-than-5-years.118254/page-2

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/9-years-later-on-propecia.63338/

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...full-temple-regrowth-dutasteride.48633/page-7

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/10-years-later-finasteride-only-success-story.94184/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....year_finasteride_success_story_with_regrowth/

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are some examples of 5-10 year maintenance from use of Finasteride 1MG or Dutasteride In individuals who lost early early, around 17-20 etc.

Bear in mind it will always be difficult to find success stories for dutasteride treatment at the age of 17 etc as it is not FDA approved for hairloss, and people who use it are doing so at their own risk.

First case is one of most detailed ten year cases on Finasteride 1MG. I must add he used minoxidil but did not believe it was of much use. He has a YouTube video with details of his case and I have also linked one of his earlier threads. He had substantial hairloss at the age of 19 as he has fully documented.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...eeping-it-for-more-than-5-years.118254/page-2

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...full-temple-regrowth-dutasteride.48633/page-7

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/10-years-later-finasteride-only-success-story.94184/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....year_finasteride_success_story_with_regrowth/

It doesn’t matter if dutasteride isn’t FDA approved for hair loss. Neither is cyproterone acetate/flutamide/bicalutamide/spironolactone/lupron, yet they’re greatly effective.

Furthermore, I would like to start off with the dutasteride thread. His baseline is significantly more greater than mine. I most likely have around 30% of his baseline density. And, that is one case out of the several you were lurking around for but the others didn’t fit your narrative.

I don’t understand the point of the links to finasteride’s effectiveness, since that’s not the topic of discussion and they all use minoxidil. Besides one of them which doesn’t have an available before picture, in which his hair loss began at nineteen (and became bad at twenty-one) and not fourteen. And the other one which the man has started to notice thinning in his temple and is now considering minoxidil, and his hair loss started at twenty-one.

With that ‘Somebody’ person, I don’t think his regrowth was due to finasteride. If it was finasteride alone, he most likely has the best results anyone has ever gotten from it. And, that’s not common. It was most likely due the synergy effect finasteride and minoxidil have, which is quite common. However, we are talking about treatments used alone.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like he’s saying the complete opposite of what you said! :confused:

Attachments

• B246228B-6FE1-4092-828F-97776D3A6D3B.jpeg
    B246228B-6FE1-4092-828F-97776D3A6D3B.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 206

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter if dutasteride isn’t FDA approved for hair loss. Neither is cyproterone acetate/flutamide/bicalutamide/spironolactone/lupron, yet they’re greatly effective.

Furthermore, I would like to start off with the dutasteride thread. His baseline is significantly more greater than mine. I most likely have around 30% of his baseline density. And, that is one case out of the several you were lurking around for but the others didn’t fit your narrative.

I don’t understand the point of the links to finasteride’s effectiveness, since that’s not the topic of discussion and they all use minoxidil. Besides one of them which doesn’t have an available before picture, in which his hair loss began at nineteen (and became bad at twenty-one) and not fourteen. And the other one which the man has started to notice thinning in his temple and is now considering minoxidil, and his hair loss started at twenty-one.

With that ‘Somebody’ person, I don’t think his regrowth was due to finasteride. If it was finasteride alone, he most likely has the best results anyone has ever gotten from it. And, that’s not common. It was most likely due the synergy effect finasteride and minoxidil have, which is quite common. However, we are talking about treatments used alone.

Icarus, with all due I took five minutes to produce those results. Surely I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect me to search the entire internet.

The point to finasterides effectiveness is that if people are able to maintain on years on just finasteride which is a WEAKER drug, then dutasteride results would be even more effective. Surely that makes sense to you?

You also mention that “somebody’s” success is largely due to minoxidil I believe. However, unless I am mistaken you have repeatedly stated early on in this thread that minoxidil is useless have you not? Surely “somebody’s” thread is evidence against your claims about minoxidil ineffectiveness?

To put it simply, many posters in this thread were more or less claiming that dutasteride, finasteride etc long term were not effective, and that oral anti androgens were the only real treatment.

However, if we take “somebody’s” story, he was losing substantial hair at a young age,Treated it with current FDA treatments, and ten years later has a great head of hair. The detailed photographic evidence is there. I have provided it.

That being said, perhaps it is best to agree to disagree. I appreciate your input.

HLV

Last edited:

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I also point out Icarus, that judging by your responses to my reply and previous posts earlier on in this thread, it seems that to satisfy what you are looking for I would have to provide links of someone with the following conditions:

A) your extent of hairloss prior to treatment

B) aged 14-19

C)no combination of treatments. Only dutasteride or Finasteride 1MG

D) maintained for ten years or more.

Please understand that your ranges are very specific and narrow and give little leeway.

Explained to someone as if talking to a ten year old. Are people able to maintain for ten years or more on current treatments, Finasteride, Dutasteride, Minoxidil. YES.

HLV

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Icarus, with all due I took five minutes to produce those results. Surely I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect me to search the entire internet.

The point to finasterides effectiveness is that if people are able to maintain on years on just finasteride which is a WEAKER drug, then dutasteride results would be even more effective. Surely that makes sense to you?

You also mention that “somebody’s” success is largely due to minoxidil I believe. However, unless I am mistaken you have repeatedly stated early on in this thread that minoxidil is useless have you not? Surely “somebody’s” thread is evidence against your claims about minoxidil ineffectiveness?

To put it simply, many posters in this thread were more or less claiming that dutasteride, finasteride etc long term were not effective, and that oral anti androgens were the only real treatment.

However, if we take “somebody’s” story, he was losing substantial hair at a young age,Treated it with current FDA treatments, and ten years later has a great head of hair. The detailed photographic evidence is there. I have provided it.

That being said, perhaps it is best to agree to disagree. I appreciate your input.

HLV

You didn’t take five minutes to show those results, since I was stalking what you’re viewing. You were looking at several, and many of them disproved what you were saying so you tactically picked out those links.

It doesn’t make sense to me because most of those results required minoxidil, and most of them had a significantly better baseline than I do. I am speaking for those who suffer with severe hair loss, similar to mine, at such a young age. Those specific people will not respond to dutasteride. There’s actually a study which shows that finasteride is less effective in younger patients, and that’s one the threads you came across but strategically didn’t mention it. And, you failed to mention this thread which you came across https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/zzzzzs-1-year-dutasteride-results.81732/

I said that minoxidil alone is not effective, and I still don’t think it’s effective when I look at the statistics behind it being used alone - and if it can’t be used alone, what’s the point of using it? Other points I mentioned is that it’s costly and a hassle to apply, which still applies. I know that minoxidil works in synergy with an anti-androgen, especially when it’s oral minoxidil. I still do not like topical minoxidil, which is why I don’t care for the ‘proof’ you are providing.

And, those results you shown still prove that dutasteride isn’t great in the long-term. Especially if your baseline is horrible like mine at a young age, whilst being used as a treatment alone. DHT isn’t the only hormone to cause hair loss.

It doesn’t matter if medications are FDA approved to treat hair loss, since this discussion is still based around dutasteride. Unless you haven’t seen the thread title.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I also point out Icarus, that judging by your responses to my reply and previous posts earlier on in this thread, it seems that to satisfy what you are looking for I would have to provide links of someone with the following conditions:

A) your extent of hairloss prior to treatment

B) aged 14-19

C)no combination of treatments. Only dutasteride or Finasteride 1MG

D) maintained for ten years or more.

Please understand that your ranges are very specific and narrow and give little leeway.

Explained to someone as if talking to a ten year old. Are people able to maintain for ten years or more on current treatments, Finasteride, Dutasteride, Minoxidil. YES.

HLV

Isn’t that the point of discussion? I said that dutasteride will not work for people like me as a single treatment. And is that not the truth? I don’t care about combining treatments since that’s not the topic of discussion. Unlike spironolactone/cyproterone acetate/biclautamide/flutamide, finasteride and dutasteride can’t be used alone with sufficient long-term results since it’s only blocking DHT whilst that’s not the only hormone to cause hair loss. You have not been able to provide sufficient evidence.

Attachments

• C5BDA765-8877-445B-BCFC-46DBCE03E307.jpeg
    C5BDA765-8877-445B-BCFC-46DBCE03E307.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 169

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You didn’t take five minutes to show those results, since I was stalking what you’re viewing. You were looking at several, and many of them disproved what you were saying so you tactically picked out those links.

It doesn’t make sense to me because most of those results required minoxidil, and most of them had a significantly better baseline than I do. I am speaking for those who suffer with severe hair loss, similar to mine, at such a young age. Those specific people will not respond to dutasteride. There’s actually a study which shows that finasteride is less effective in younger patients, and that’s one the threads you came across but strategically didn’t mention it. And, you failed to mention this thread which you came across https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/zzzzzs-1-year-dutasteride-results.81732/

I said that minoxidil alone is not effective, and I still don’t think it’s effective when I look at the statistics behind it being used alone - and if it can’t be used alone, what’s the point of using it? Other points I mentioned is that it’s costly and a hassle to apply, which still applies. I know that minoxidil works in synergy with an anti-androgen, especially when it’s oral minoxidil. I still do not like topical minoxidil, which is why I don’t care for the ‘proof’ you are providing.

And, those results you shown still prove that dutasteride isn’t great in the long-term. Especially if your baseline is horrible like mine at a young age, whilst being used as a treatment alone. DHT isn’t the only hormone to cause hair loss.

It doesn’t matter if medications are FDA approved to treat hair loss, since this discussion is still based around dutasteride. Unless you haven’t seen the thread title.

Hi Icarus, No offence but I’ll just have to leave you to it as you seem to argue with the majority of the people on this forum and arguing with you is of no interest to me.

Also I find you “stalking” me to be quite disturbing. I Apologise and mean no offence but I believe you have some issues that only a therapist can help you with, and I am not qualified to help you in that regard.

I Appreciate your input

HLV

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Icarus, No offence but I’ll just have to leave you to it as you seem to argue with the majority of the people on this forum and arguing with you is of no interest to me.

Also I find you “stalking” me to be quite disturbing. I Apologise and mean no offence but I believe you have some issues that only a therapist can help you with, and I am not qualified to help you in that regard.

I Appreciate your input

HLV

Can you please stop acting as if I care about your existence? It was to prove my point, and it proved my point correctly. I want others to know the reality of the situation, not strawman arguments. Now, please take your promotion of 'medical advice' somewhere else.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I Appreciate your input

HLV
stop putting your name at the end of your comments, its pretentious as hell

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHTcel,

I’ve more or less stopped posting on these forums so I’m afraid your comment is of no use, (although id pay no attention to you anyway) Its also strange you’ve bumped a thread that’s two weeks old. Are you perhaps bored with nothing else to do and looking to spark an argument online? In which case I’m afraid i can’t help you. Perhaps go back to the other forum you’re on? Or is it that forum too “black pill” and you’re taking a break otherwise you’ll “go ER”?

HLV

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHTcel,

I’ve more or less stopped posting on these forums so I’m afraid your comment is of no use, (although id pay no attention to you anyway) Its also strange you’ve bumped a thread that’s two weeks old. Are you perhaps bored with nothing else to do and looking to spark an argument online? In which case I’m afraid i can’t help you. Perhaps go back to the other forum you’re on? Or is it that forum too “black pill” and you’re taking a break otherwise you’ll “go ER”?

HLV
you did it again...

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you did it again...

DHTcel,

I’m afraid I can’t continue this as it’s a waste of time (for me at least). I can tell you’re always on forums but I’d suggest not responding to this as I won’t read or reply to your post in this thread. I genuinely hope you find more to do with your life than try and spark an argument online.

HLV

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

that guy started losing hair on finasteride, then regained it all by treating another cause of his hairloss. so yeah DHT wasnt only his problem afterall.