Dutasteride - Does It Work? How Was Your Experience?

How was your experience with Dutasteride?

• Maintenance

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Regrowth

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Maintenance + Regrowth

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Nothing

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Approved by the FDA in 2001 it seems that are a lot of doubts about Dutasteride and the efficacy of the drug regarding hair loss.

To all the people using this drug, how was your experience so far?

el_duterino

Reaction score
Maintenance but heavy side effects, libido and brain fog
Stopped being effective after 4 years for hair

Hair ball

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maintenance but heavy side effects, libido and brain fog
Stopped being effective after 4 years for hair
Is RU more effective for you compared to dutasteride for maintenance? What are your current side effects on RU, if you have any? I think I'm going to add to my current regimen RU in stemoxydine solution. Hopefully it will work.

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s amazing how many users are switching to Dutasteride if you do a quick search in the forum.

I also did the switch two weeks ago, hope it works as well as Finasteride worked for me...

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride regimens seem to vary widely: 0.5 mg twice a week, 0.5 mg once a week with finasteride on other days, 0.5 mg every day. I'm considering adding dutasteride once a week to my regimen while using finasteride. There will be an increase in T so maybe that would be the time to add RU/stemoxy. Any thoughts on this approach?

el_duterino

Reaction score
Where are you at now?
I use CB (Clascoterone), in Stemox and oral minoxidil 5mg day. So I apply my topical only once a day at night.

No finasteride or dutasteride since 2011 or so

CB is much better than RU.

No sides on CB so you can use more and block all the DHT and T.

RU is better than dutasteride for hairline, and dutasteride better than finasteride but once CB will be released all these pills will be useless and RU be history as well

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use CB (Clascoterone), in Stemox and oral minoxidil 5mg day. So I apply my topical only once a day at night.

RU is better than dutasteride for hairline, and dutasteride better than finasteride but once CB will be released all these pills will be useless and RU be history as well
How much does CB cost and what’s the dosage?

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So CB blocks dht and T with no sides? If that’s the case then is it possible to maintain my hair for life on just CB?

el_duterino

Reaction score
Yes if you start early on

Won't work well if the follicles are too weak maybe

el_duterino

Reaction score
CB is the old name for Clascoterone

Same Mode of action as RU but without the side effects

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
CB is the old name for Clascoterone

Same Mode of action as RU but without the side effects

Hopefully in two years or so it will be out on the market. Seems to be the most promising thing in the immediate future.

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

RU is better than dutasteride for hairline, and dutasteride better than finasteride but once CB will be released all these pills will be useless and RU be history as well[/QUOTE

Hi El Duterino,
What dosage of CB do you use for the hair line? I’m finding it much weaker than ru, which I was using at 5% in stemoxidine . Can’t afford to lose any more hair! Thanks

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Approved by the FDA in 2001 it seems that are a lot of doubts about Dutasteride and the efficacy of the drug regarding hair loss.

To all the people using this drug, how was your experience so far?
I use dutasteride now, it’s incredible at the back (strong regrowth after 9 years of finasteride) but the frontal third is almost totally wiped out. Trying to stabilise with RU and now CB but unsure if I’m having any success...

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the thing with dutasteride is that using it in less frequency than EOD might really mess up the hormones and increase the chances of sides. My experience with dutastaride (real Avodart) was worse when I reduced the frequency from EOD to twice a week and at later stage 1 time a week. Libido and ED became very strong. My 2 cents would be just to stick to natural treatments (including topical), mild DHT blockers and derma roll. After all, it is not clear when the sides might come and enjoying your sex life is far better then no gurantee of a full head of hair.

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the thing with dutasteride is that using it in less frequency than EOD might really mess up the hormones and increase the chances of sides. My experience with dutastaride (real Avodart) was worse when I reduced the frequency from EOD to twice a week and at later stage 1 time a week. Libido and ED became very strong. My 2 cents would be just to stick to natural treatments (including topical), mild DHT blockers and derma roll. After all, it is not clear when the sides might come and enjoying your sex life is far better then no gurantee of a full head of hair.
for me, I started 1 day a week (6in) to 2 days a week (5Fin). Zero sides ever from now and 20+ years of finasteride. What do you think a realistic time frame is to see results (if any from dutasteride. 2 days a week/5fin). I definitely feel it my system.