Drowning The Sorrow With Material Things! Plus Seven Words

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is nasdaq/NYSE doing nowadays?

In normal circumstances the Nasdaq run over the past 5 years is totally epic, + anyone trading indexes would be loving it because it follows consistent trends so religiously. Contrasting to crypto though it becomes a boring f*****g waste of time for long term investment prospects unless you're a full time index trader watching tight stops.

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any hair transplant surgeons accept bitcoin? :D

You're calling the price movements damn accurately right now. How far down are we going?

I'm not trading it and nor do I regularly bother to apply legitimate technical analysis indicators to make my predictions because I don't care in the short term, but I think the trough at $9100 USD will stay the bottom, it's around a 20% dip from the last high which is consistent with prior corrections (slightly less though) this year and has tested around this level subsequent to the initial bottoming. If it comfortably breaks previous all time high resistance by a few percent I think it will head to around 75-90% above the level of the trough at $9100, say $16500 before correcting again, but likely some psychological resistance at $15000 along the way. Admittedly the length of the correction has not been as long as in the past or quite as harsh in magnitude, so we may have more to come but there is solid support at $8000.

Not concerned with being wrong in the short term though, just going off what I feel and previous patterns over the last 12 months. Of course major unforseen disaster events like a major government ban could throw a spanner in the works too in the short term.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
actually i never made a bet, i just stated what i thought would happen; @JeanLucBB made the offer/bet himself in challenge to my statement. While it may not have played out precisely how i described, in general it is happening like how I described, so i may be off by 24-36hrs but the crash is happening and if BTC network wasn't at 100K + unconfirmed transactions and totally overwhelmed it probably would have played out like i mentioned. But nonetheless, the correction is here and you can see the sheer resistance that took place at $9500; there were s many people cashing out that it jammed up the network, meanwhile, new "dumb" money jumped on board (without realizing what the were buying) and clogged up the network even more. 20 - 25% correction is what is expected, and it will come for BTC and probably the whole market (except maybe Bitcoin Cash if it syphons users from Bitcoin).
I'm happy if any of my bald brothers are making money, that's all good to me, but we'll see how it all plays out soon

The one thing I take issue with this post because I see it a lot is this

"meanwhile, new "dumb" money jumped on board (without realizing what the were buying)"

At the end of the day it doesn't matter whether people "know" what they are buying, what matters is the intrinsic utility and growth potential of the product, the development of the network effect, public education of crypto and sector infrastructure. If someone bought Amazon stock in 1997 on a whim without really "getting" it (and their financials outside of the online retailer growth story have never been simple even today) they were still lucky enough to be onto a winner. In the medium and the long term, there is no "dumb money", all the exposure of new investors and people into the sector to grow their understanding and experience with usage of the technology is beneficial. Shaking the weak hands in the short term is also beneficial to the price in the long term.

There is trading and there is long term investing. With the volatility in this sector (and honestly there is nothing like the speed of swings in this sector and to track it properly you'd need to be trading 24 hours a day with no sleep) it doesn't make sense to trade it. There will be lucky traders and unlucky traders here, and of course the lucky ones are those that most often brag about their success, but ALL of the INVESTORS will win out. Long term holders in general will win out and with minimal effort in cryptocurrency, without the extreme, extreme, EXTREME risk of trading.

It's also not a question of "soon", we've seen monstrous crashes in the sector all the time, but it typically bounces back twice as hard and fast as it falls; and conversely at this point the sector is comparatively tiny to the "real" world of finance, there is no celebration until it is past the multi-trillion dollar mark. The real question is where we will be in 2-5 years.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
11K b****s (again)

upload_2017-12-2_8-20-10.png

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the right idea, gotta keep saving and investing it until you arrive at the promised land financially - that's when life really begins.

None of this BS of fat mortgages on mediocre houses, slavery to your job, sucking up to people, worrying about car payments, putting money away for retirement, penny pinching, getting upset when gas and food prices go up, bragging to buds when you got a deal on something,
competing with others whose got the best house, car etc - cause when you hit it big you pretty much won all these games, your precluded
and have a totally different outlook on life.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
One of the few asset that is open to entire money of world is Gold,Bitcoin.

Yesterday saw one video from US media where a bitcoin guy (expert) was asked about its usage as a replacement of future money.
His response was that he did not see bitcoin as a currency because of its fast appreciating potential.
He rather referred bitcoin as Digital gold.

If certain number of people have come to an agreement to assume bitcoin as a digital asset,it has brighter future.

Unless countries decides to go against it.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
@JeanLucBB while you are excited about getting BTC back to $11k, this is the ride i'm having with the coin of my choice. No big deal, just 65% growth in 1:30hrs - now i just cashed it into BTC at least for the time being
View attachment 71654

And what about all the time your predictions Didn’t go the way you thought and you fucked your own anus out of half the gains I have got like every other one of your predictions on this thread + fees from bad trades? Btw nothing on the top 100 went up 65% today so not convinced Imaginarycoin actually did that.

Food for thought. Hodl 4 lyf

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh the coin wasn't imaginary, and neither is the money I just got from that action. It's the second time I call a pump in that coin down to minutes and pull out at the peak value.
I realize that I'm a day trader working on margins and I agree it is smarter to hold long term due to fees and uncertainty, but moves like what I did last night bring me right into good profit. I'll emphasize again it's not skill, it's luck. I'm not gifted with skill for trading, but I am exceptionally lucky and that makes up for it in the short term.

In 12 months we should compare crypto profits and percentage gains with proof of earnings and ownership. Buy and hodl vs trading and see who wins.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In 12 months we should compare crypto profits and percentage gains with proof of earnings and ownership. Buy and hodl vs trading and see who wins.
If you guys are cool now then whyd you dislike his post?

I dont understand this stuff and cant tell if you really meant to do that or not

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you guys are cool now then whyd you dislike his post?

I dont understand this stuff and cant tell if you really meant to do that or not

Just more trigger happy on dislikes than most. No beef though, no strategy is guaranteed to work forever either so the long game and success in that is what matters whether trading or hodling. Will see how it plays out.