Drop Propecia : Hair Loss makes you look a lot better !!!

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
i think its been long established now that good looking models, sporting and movie superstars tend to look just as good bald.

what about the ugly ones? heres two famous english footballers

wayne rooney
article-0-02F641C700000578-731_468x494.jpg

waynerooneyAP_650x485.jpg

stephen ireland
56604686777.jpg

ireland1_280x420_21597a.jpg

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd say they were a bit closer to the rest of us, sadly they'll have (worryingly alot) more money and less braincells than us though so I'm not sure why they dont get transplants, maybe millionaires dont care about their hair?

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't be daft, Wayne Rooney is a total gimp, have you seen the way he screws his face up like a child when the refs against him?

Hes a spoilt brat, who happens to be good at football, since he signed for Everton at the age of 9 hes had everything handed to him without question.

Hairloss doesnt seem to bother him because he has everything else he could ever want, if he had my job and screwed his mug up everytime he was told off then he'd be out on his arse in no time. Losing his hair may well make him less confident in jobhunting in that situation, who knows?

What we do learn from him and others is that cash is a good substitute. You can carry off any atitude you want when theres millions backing you up.

Nene

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
come on you cant say wayne rooney is or was an average looking guy? I would actually feel for him a little but I think he is a tough character that needs nor wants or requires any pity. Apart from his obvious aggressive nature I wish I could be more like him. the worst part about hair loss for me is realisation that I am such a vain and pathetic human being.

No in fact, I would say he was bad looking before and still bad, maybe worse looking after. As for the second guy, he looked pretty average before and a little worse after.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
BrightonBaldy said:
I'd say they were a bit closer to the rest of us, sadly they'll have (worryingly alot) more money and less braincells than us though so I'm not sure why they dont get transplants, maybe millionaires dont care about their hair?

Stephen Ireland had a hair transplant apparently, but on international duty "two of his team-mates, in a bout of banter that went wrong, pinned him to the floor and tried to see whether the sudden, unexplained growth of hair, where there had been a receding hairline, was the result of a transplant."

After that he's now embracing the bald look, but refuses to play for the Republic of Ireland again.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/man_city ... r_con.html

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Id say Steven Ireland looks good bald. I would be happy if I could look something like him. He has a proportionately sized head, and a good complexion.

Put it this way - he looks ten times better being bald then most bald guys I see around my country in England.

Rooney on the other hand, not so great. Does look like a bit of an ogre. But lets be honest, the fact that he plays for Man U, makes millions, has a wife means that he probably doesnt give too much of a sh*t. He has other things going for him.

Problem with Wayne Rooney is his complexion, as well as his head shape - which he cant do much about. But his skin is rough and his complexion isnt so great. Could probably improve on his look a bit more, but I doubt he cares that much in the wider scheme of things.

Generally speaking, the best looking bald guys always seem to be those who are athletes/film stars, and also buddhist monks. Basically people that are very healthy and in good shape.

The people who dont care about their loss are the ones who look good. To have sex appeal you have to feel sexy yourself. Your attractiveness is therfore based on your personality just as much as your looks.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
toocoolforhair said:
BrightonBaldy said:

Stephen Ireland had a hair transplant apparently, but on international duty "two of his team-mates, in a bout of banter that went wrong, pinned him to the floor and tried to see whether the sudden, unexplained growth of hair, where there had been a receding hairline, was the result of a transplant."

After that he's now embracing the bald look, but refuses to play for the Republic of Ireland again.

That was ages ago, but yeah.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I didnt know that, thats all a bit of a random story, I guess when youre on the telly every\week it might be embarrassing to turn up with nowt one day to having a flowing mop the next.

If he went for it over the summer months then people would obviously notice, but then nobody would care.

s.a.f

Reaction score
toocoolforhair said:
BrightonBaldy said:

No he got a wig and went from balding to full head of hair overnight, we even had a thread about it on here at the time.

Here it is :

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42800&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=stephen+ireland&start=0

His team mates pinned him down and tried to remove it!
Leaving him to make up stories (which were soon exposed as false) about his grandparents dying in order to get out of playing. The whole thing almost ruined his professional career.
Just goes to show that even for the rich and talented going bald can be a traumatizing experience.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's f*****g horrible.

He is one of the unfortunate dudes who looks like complete crap without hair. If he had got a toupee earlier he might have avoided this mess. I imagine it's quite hard to do that though, as you want to put it off until it's absolutely necessary but by then everyone will know "something" is up. You don't see many NW2/3s getting a hairpiece but ironically they are the most ideal candidates.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Unfortunate in one balding sense, very fortunate that he works in an industry where we could retire tomorrow and be a millionaire the rest of his life if he wanted.

His new deal at City is worth 60k a week to him, he could afford any HM treatment he wants, oeer pressure can only be exerted on him by other high earning pro's, for now he's surrounded by them, but he doesnt have to be.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think he gets more stick from the fans on the terraces than by other players. But just goes to show if he'd never had this issue he could be a bigger star by now. This whole scenario looked set to jeopadize his career at one point.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a humiliating experience either way. Goes to show that sometimes the more you try to fix something, the more broke it becomes. But I just want to say one last thing here...the op of this thread is pretty condescending by assuming that going bald will work for everyone and using an above average looking guy with an awesome hairline that frames his face as an example. I know he is bald from the back but it hasn't come anywhere near his hairline and in that sense he is a very lucky man. That's like saying that Brad Pitt shaved his head in Fight Club so the average nw5+ have nothing to worry about. Just preposterous. Anyway, like Forest would say "And that is all I have to say about that."

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
soulswing112 said:
unconfortable man : i was being sarcarstic when i wrote the subject of this thread ...
I think Zidane looks better without hair ... that is all i am saying ...

What do you think of the commercial ?

http://www.dailymotion.com/tag/senseo/video/185004

Bottom line is that he has hair/stubble on his head. He is NOT bald. His top still looks pretty thick. Been very slow loss.

I wonder how far the speed of hairloss is purely up to genetics? Or whether our lifestyle effects it?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
soulswing112 said:
unconfortable man : i was being sarcarstic when i wrote the subject of this thread ...
I think Zidane looks better without hair ... that is all i am saying ...

What do you think of the commercial ?

http://www.dailymotion.com/tag/senseo/video/185004
Sarcasm is stating something with an inflection that means the exact opposite. If your thread title is sarcastic then it means- stay on propecia because you would look better with hair. Sorry, but your not making much sense here. :dunno: