Drink glass of Red wine every night and see thick hair

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Would eating lots of grapes help? Cos I think I'd prefer live with hair loss than the ravages of alcohol abuse.

Reaction score
yah if you can find red grapes with seeds...Most of the benefits from red wine is from the seeds of red grapes....But no a small glass of red wine a night is not abuse. Like i said if you have a family history of alcoholism....i highly recommend to continue on the path of no alcohol....but if you know you can control yourself...then drinking a small glass of red wine a night shouldn't be a problem.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
commonsense123 said:
yah if you can find red grapes with seeds...Most of the benefits from red wine is from the seeds of red grapes....But no a small glass of red wine a night is not abuse. Like i said if you have a family history of alcoholism....i highly recommend to continue on the path of no alcohol....but if you know you can control yourself...then drinking a small glass of red wine a night shouldn't be a problem.

but you're not supposed to eat the seeds of grapes, so I guess eating grapes has little benefit.

Reaction score
actually its ok to eat grape seeds...its tough for the stomach to digest the seeds so you have to be sure and chew them up really good. The seeds contain alot of the health benefits that the red grapes provide....Problem is most stores only sale seedless red grapes...Thats why drinking red wine is the alternative because the seeds are smashed along with the skins of the red grapes in the wine making process.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Btw I checked the recommended units of alcohol again and the max for men is 21 units per week. A glass of wine (approx 12% proof) is roughly 1.5 units so one every night is acceptable.

Reaction score
Drink red wine screw all the other treatments....Yeeeehaw ride that horsay and grow that hair....yeeeehaw and then squirt some peppermant oil on the scalp and smell like a candy cane....yeeehaw grow that hair yeeehaw

Bad Hair Dew

Reaction score
From the Mayo clinic for those who don't drink : Grape juice: Same heart benefits as wine?
Does grape juice offer the same heart benefits as red wine?
Answer

Probably. There is evidence that drinking red wine may reduce your risk of heart disease. This benefit is most likely due to a substance called resveratrol found in the skin and seeds of grapes — especially dark red and purple grapes. Resveratrol is also found in grape juice — especially juice made from the dark purple Concord grapes.

Recent studies have suggested that red and purple grape juices may provide the same heart-healthy benefits of red wine, including:

* Reducing the risk of blood clots
* Reducing low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or "bad") cholesterol
* Preventing damage to blood vessels in your heart
* Helping maintain a healthy blood pressure

Both red wine and grape juice also contain antioxidants called flavonoids, which have been shown to increase your high-density lipoprotein (HDL, or "good") cholesterol and lower your risk of clogged arteries (atherosclerosis), and may help lower blood pressure.

These findings on grape juice are good news for people who want the cardiovascular benefits of red wine without the alcohol.

Fam_1st

Reaction score
Or you could just go to your local grocery store and get Resveratrol which is where the benefits come from in the 1st place and make it a whole lot easire and cheaper and also without the alcohol involved.

Reaction score
resveretrol probably is the key...but never tried the supplement....all ive tried is the red wine and that worked....but i might try the res supplement to see if it has any effect.

LeesHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Commonsense,

Thought I'd give it a try, not too different from normal anyway, just had to make an effort to be more consistent with my drinking :)

No.

Sorry mate, no joy after 3 weeks, I believe you said 2? I drink red pretty regularly anyway, and still going bald, so really can't see the point- apart from the fun of course!
I appreciate the link with antioxidants and prostate problems, unfortunately I think you'll find that hair loss is a little more complicated, and just because it has an effect on one doesn't mean it'll work on another.

Reaction score
alrighty....i appreciate you giving it a try...well then i have no clue why it was working on my hair....craziness...thanks again though...sorry it didn't help

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;0Rnq1NpHdmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rnq1NpHdmw[/video]

This is why most scientific studies do not translate into reality. A must watch for anyone. Correlation does not equal causation.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
[video=youtube;0Rnq1NpHdmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rnq1NpHdmw[/video]

This is why most scientific studies do not translate into reality. A must watch for anyone. Correlation does not equal causation.

THIS is what I have been looking for. perfect.

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
That sounds like resveratrol + cayenne/tumeric.

Reminds me of another guy here claiming he had similar sides like finasteride's when on grape seed extract and maintained his hair. Hah!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, time to get the red wine out!! Works for me.

Seriously?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
If that were really true, we italians would not go bald at all.
True that. Especially in Tuscany, if you do not drink a cup of wine at dinner, people infer you must have health issues. Yet people are bald :-(

Reaction score
Thing is, commercial red wine is de facto void of resveratrol.
It would be much more effective to use red wine extract.
On the other hand, cayenne (capsaicin) is known to be beneficial for hair, especially when combined with soy estrogens.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thing is, commercial red wine is de facto void of resveratrol.
It would be much more effective to use red wine extract.
On the other hand, cayenne (capsaicin) is known to be beneficial for hair, especially when combined with soy estrogens.

Known?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually it's right red wine is stop hair fall but if any one who has bald so these can be also the reason behind their baldness

• Family history (heredity)
  • Hormonal changes
  • Medical conditions
  • Medications
Google translate much?

I wonder what the original idea was.
Red wine stops hair loss unless you have a history of familial hair loss? Wow. That is definitely the news.