Drink glass of Red wine every night and see thick hair

Reaction score
Ha uh oh we got a smiley face....dang i guess if i was a junior or veteran poster i would be cool enough to use those...i'm just not cool i guess...and no this is not bullshit but thanks for adding some intellect to the convo...

ali777

Reaction score
Dude, don't feel offended but there is no proof that wine works for hairloss. If that was the case, most of the French wouldn't go bald.

We can't deny that drinking wine has some cardiovascular benefits, and that MAY benefit the hair as well.... Anything beyond that is a speculation...

The thing is, you have no proof and you are trying to sell an idea without proof.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
commonsense123 said:
Ha uh oh we got a smiley face....dang i guess if i was a junior or veteran poster i would be cool enough to use those...i'm just not cool i guess...and no this is not bullshit but thanks for adding some intellect to the convo...

actually nonsense123, it is bullshit.

Have you got before and after photos of your head? Has your theory been tested by professional scientists with placebo controlled double-blind studies? And why isn't every balding guy in the world off his face on red wine all day long?

:bravo:

CCS

Reaction score
commonsense123 said:

drinking alcohol before going to sleep with mess up your sleep patterns and hormone production.

Reaction score
HaHa Oh wow we got the junior and veteran poster gang comin at me....look out....Don't make me use some smileys on yo punk arses...ha joking fellers...I'm not selling anything....I'm telling everyone what happened to my hair after drinking a small glass of red wine every day for 2 weeks. No you dont' have to drink at night...you can drink the glass anytime of the day you want too. If your an alcoholic i strongly do not recommend trying this. I can understand why some of you guys whose hair has thinned dramatically are kinda cranky....I'm speaking to the guys who have most of there hair, but noticed thinning at the crown and along the upper sides of there heads. If you are thinning like that i'm pretty certain the red wine a day will help you. It did me and i'm not bullshiting anyone...Try it...then we can figure out if its bullshit or not...But i do know that it worked for the hair on my head....Believe me i've been worrying about my hair for 3 damn years...I'm not gonna come on here and lie to anyone....I tried procerin which was bullshit....i tried finasteride which helped but i had terrible sides....I tried saw palmetto which was bullshit....I tried eating nothing but healthy fruits and vegetables and fish all the time...nothing changed with my hair....After drinking red wine i'm telling you that my hair changed and began growing thick hairs all over the thinning areas....I have dark blonde hair, short, and spikey....i know when changes occur because i'm always starring at the thinning spots if a mirror is present. So try thats all i can say.

G

commonsense123 said:
HaHa Oh wow we got the junior and veteran poster gang comin at me....look out....Don't make me use some smileys on yo punk arses...ha joking fellers...I'm not selling anything....I'm telling everyone what happened to my hair after drinking a small glass of red wine every day for 2 weeks. No you dont' have to drink at night...you can drink the glass anytime of the day you want too. If your an alcoholic i strongly do not recommend trying this. I can understand why some of you guys whose hair has thinned dramatically are kinda cranky....I'm speaking to the guys who have most of there hair, but noticed thinning at the crown and along the upper sides of there heads. If you are thinning like that i'm pretty certain the red wine a day will help you. It did me and i'm not bullshiting anyone...Try it...then we can figure out if its bullshit or not...But i do know that it worked for the hair on my head....Believe me i've been worrying about my hair for 3 damn years...I'm not gonna come on here and lie to anyone....I tried ********* which was bullshit....i tried finasteride which helped but i had terrible sides....I tried saw palmetto which was bullshit....I tried eating nothing but healthy fruits and vegetables and fish all the time...nothing changed with my hair....After drinking red wine i'm telling you that my hair changed and began growing thick hairs all over the thinning areas....I have dark blonde hair, short, and spikey....i know when changes occur because i'm always starring at the thinning spots if a mirror is present. So try thats all i can say.

I believe something has helped you with your hair, perhaps it was the wine but I certainly not going to try it because A) I don't believe in it and B) I don't drink alcohol. More study is needed and what works for you may not work for someone else.

Reaction score
and thats a call you can make....Hell nobody has to try it...this is a hairloss website....and i waited till i tried it for a second time...after it worked for a second time...i felt obligated to put it on this website...maybe someone who has just started thinning can get some real results fast just by drinking a small glass of red wine a day....to each his own

G

commonsense123 said:
and thats a call you can make....Hell nobody has to try it...this is a hairloss website....and i waited till i tried it for a second time...after it worked for a second time...i felt obligated to put it on this website...maybe someone who has just started thinning can get some real results fast just by drinking a small glass of red wine a day....to each his own

If we can find out what's in the wine and link that to something used in a proven treatment of hair loss then we would be getting somewhere.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont rule out the possibility that red wine can help with hairloss, but have you ever thought that this regrowth your getting could be down to your own mind. This phenomen known as placebo has been known for decades as an alternative cure various illnesses where the power of belief or suggestion is enough to cure an illness or problem. Im not saying this will work for everything but has worked for some people. I dont think placebo can be a hairloss cure but i did find something that made me open to the power of belief.

Check this out

http://www.propecia.com/finasteride/propecia/consumer/see-the-proof/

It says in propecia placebo group 15% of the group showed marked improvement in hair count by there doctors. Now maybe there could be other factors that could of caused such a thing but it does make you think the mind could have some regenerative abillity that could benefit all areas of health including hair. For more information on this phenonmen click on the following link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No I thought masterbation caused hairloss to worsen but i with held for over 2 months and hair never got better and pretty much got worse. So i threw that little theory out the door. I'm gonna stand strong on this red wine thing because my hair went into over drive twice after drinking the red wine for a period of 2 weeks straight.

You also state you have tried many methods, finasteride, healthy diet, etc. Maybe one or some of those methods were successful, but your hair was shedding, and looked thin (can take 6 months to adjust). Then when it started to recover and look thick you started drinking red wine.

I can't see how hair can recover in 2 weeks. Hair just doesn't grow that fast. I took finasteride and my hair looked at its worst for 7 months after that. Then I noticed the changes.

This is my view, stop being defensive. Why do you care if no one wants to try your idea? Stop insulting people.

Reaction score
ha quit getting defensive...what are you talking about? I'm calling out the dumbasses that give a message like bullshit....or mock what i'm saying....or act like i'm trying to sale something....Or act like my idea is bullshit....It's red wine people....I'm not selling anything....I'm sick and tired of some of these posters that are knocking down an idea when it has alot of solid evidence besides me claiming it grew thick hair on my thin spots....52% decline in the risk of prostate cancer due to drinking a glass of red wine a day.....Thats huge people....That right there gives you a wealth of evidence of the hormone balancing effects that it has on testosterone. Thats a Harvard University study not a commonsense123 idea. I know all about placebo.....I know all about finasteride taking 6 months or more before you see results....I saw results with finasteride...i just couldn't stay on it because of the sides. I was off finasteride for over 3 months after getting pretty good results and once i got off, my hair was in free fall for over 3 months. It thinned back to pre finasteride days...I then drank red wine every day for 2 weeks and my hair was so much thicker than normal. but at that time i didn't know that it was the red wine that caused it because i was eatting really healthy. I was eatting fish all the time and fruits and vegetables more than i ever had before....Anyways i kept the healthy diet only i ran out of the red wine....i noticed my hair thinning out over about month and half. So i went back and tried to figure out what i was doing differently during that period of time. I knew i was still eating the same but then i remembered i was drinking the red wine every day....So i tried drinking the red wine again and i swear to you my hair started growing thick again...Fastest results i've ever had...I don't know if being on finasteride for 6 months created an environment for the red wine to effect my hormones much faster....but my hair literally started to regrow thick and i noticed some sides that i got while on finasteride. I'm not getting defensive but nobody has a right to call any idea bullshit until they have tried it themselves. Why would you knock an idea as simple as drinking a glass of red wine. Its not like i'm telling you to buy a hairloss product. Hell the only reason i care so much about the dumbasses knocking this is because i really believe it can help guys who are just beginning to notice there hair thinning. If this can reverse there thinning hair like it was doing mine then that would be awesome and i had to atleast let people know.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your really defending this with your hearts content. Maybe your telling the truth and red wine's helped your hair, in which case good on you. The thing that got me thinking placebo is the fact that you say you noticed improvement in two weeks. Thats incredible and completelly defies science, unless theres things that even science cant explain with hair. Another thing is that there are so many people making BS claims about miracle cures that its just so hard to believe what anyone says anymore without some science or visible proof to prove it. I dont think anyone means to be offensive they justs want some assurance and undertanding of how red wine can fight hairloss. I know your not trying to sell anything but people dont like to waste time and money on unproven ideas.

Lastly dont feel discouraged by people's criticism. Its just a natural way of getting the bottom of things and sorting out the truth from the liars. I think new ideas and encouragement is what this forum needs. Thanks for the thread your input is appreciated and i hope this works out for people who test your theory.

Reaction score
follicle84 said:
The thing that got me thinking placebo is the fact that you say you noticed improvement in two weeks. Thats incredible and completelly defies science, unless theres things that even science cant explain with hair.
. If you didn't shave your face for 2 weeks could you not tell hair was growing. I know 2 weeks sounds like not enough time for a guy who is severely balding to grow a thick head of hair. But i'm talking about myself who has all the hair on my head...i just have areas on my head that are thinning out. So therefore my hairs are actively growing just some are growing thinner than normal. When i was drinking the red wine after two weeks a majority of these hairs were shedding like crazy and thick hairs were replacing them. It was when i noticed my hair shedding....i mean i could comb through my hair and get numerous amounts of thin hairs, but thats when i noticed my hair thicker than normal. I was shedding but my hair was thicker....no placebo...thicker hair during a shed is not a placebo....Its the red wine.
follicle84 said:
Another thing is that there are so many people making BS claims about miracle cures that its just so hard to believe what anyone says anymore without some science or visible proof to prove it.
I understand people are makng BS claims all the time about miracle cures....i'm not saying this will working for a guy with a completely bald head....suddenly all his hair will start growing on his head...i'm talking about beginning thinners....Finasteride was a prostate drug....but they discovered even though it was initial meant to treat the prostate....it also grew hair....So its all about money....and they turned it into a hairloss drug....Scientific studies have been done to prove its positive effects on the prostate and male hormones. I keep reiterating this point. 52% decline in the chance to get prostate cancer just by drinking a glass of red wine every day...You can't even say that finasteride has that kind of power. I wouldn't be on here arguing to total strangers trying to plead my case...Its not a waste of time or money.....Hell a cheap bottle of red wine should only cost 8 dollars. It doesn't take long to drink a small glass of liquid either....and the whole point of it is to grow back your thick hair...