Drink glass of Red wine every night and see thick hair

beastrad

Reaction score
Commonsense,

I'm wondering if you have evidence of any kind to support your theory? Pics? studies? anything

And secondly how can you make these claims after only 2 weeks, when we all know the natural cycle of hair growth takes much much longer?

P.S. I love red wine, but I'm still losing my hair, maybe I'm drinking the wrong brand

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just done some reading about redwine and its effects on the male prostate. Its powerful anti toxians destroy cancer cells so your right about it benefitting against male prostate cancer. I also read some where that it can balance out androgens in the body (not completelly get rid of them, but corrects the levels).

I read that Poor diet from fatty and sugary food can increase the amount androgens in the body at an irregular level. Red wine apparently destroys toxians and burns fat cells from these foods enabling your body to regulate androgens at normal levels. Androgens are found in muscle and in fat. Red wine destroys these fat cells and keeps some of these androgens under control.

So its sound good however this does not proof it to be a hairloss cure. I've searched the internet for red wine as a potential hairloss cure and couldnt find any evidence or studies on it. I do believe however it can benefit against hairloss to a small degree on the basis of it being an anti toxiant against free radicals and fat.

At best i think this can slow hairloss but only if your dieting is bad or your hormones are out of wack. We know sawpalmetto has a similair role in protecting the male prostate like finestride (which is used against hairloss), but that doesnt mean sawpalmetto is a hairloss cure. There's no solid evidence of this at least.

Red wine so to speak is a bit like sawpalmetto in the sense that is protects against prostate cancer like finasteride does but its not proven to be effective enough for against hairloss. Furthermore the mechanisms of action between finasteride saw palmetto and redwine are different despite protecting against prostate cancer. Red wine destroys cancer cells in the prostate whilst finasteride stops the conversion of testosterone to dht in the testes which feed the cancer cells. Saw palmetto regulates hormones properly but also stops some of the conversion of testosterone to dht, which again would give prostate cancer cells growth.

So basically basing your theory of red wine being a hairloss cure due to studies on its effect on prostate cancer is not solid enough evidence.

Did you know eating fish and brocolli can protect against prostate cancer and we know they arent hairloss cures. I've even read that masturbation can protect against prostate cancer (search google if you dont believe me) and we certainly know that isnt a hairloss cure.

Reaction score
Finally someone actually speaking with some intellect. I appreciate that post. One i would not have posted on this website if i didn't experience a major change in my hair after drinking the red wine for 2 weeks. Now my hair thinning started when i was 23 and i'm now 26. So i've been researching every possible option to stop my hair from thinning away for 3 years now. I was on finasteride/proscar cut into 5ths for 8 months and basically it kept my hair from thinning further. So i started to have bad sides after 6 months taking finasteride so i had to stop. Before that i took saw palmetto and that did nothing and also a whole bunch of different herbal supplements which didn't work. I then thought maybe masterbation caused hairloss to increase if done excessively...but i crossed that hypothesis out after with holding from it for 2 and half months because my hair only got worse over that course of time. I then got on the red wine a day deal....I drank a glass of red wine a day for like a week or 2 the first time and the bottle ran out and i noticed my hair feeling alot thicker than it had but i didn't realize at the time that the red wine is what was causing it to thicken. Anyways since the bottle ran out, i just stopped drinking it...so hair started thinning out again for 2 months. So i put 2 and 2 together and remember that the time my hair was thicker than it had been was the period i was drinking the red wine every night. So i got another bottle and started drinking a glass every night again and boom within the two weeks i noticed my hair bouncing back again and i also started getting some of the sides i got with finasteride but my hair thickened alot in the spots that were thinning much more than it ever did while on finasteride. I hope someone will just drink a glass for atleast 2 weeks and let me know if it did anything. (beginning thinners 4 sure)

Reaction score
after atleast 2 weeks of drinking the glass a day....You can call me crazy and i guess it works on just me for some very odd reason. u might also take a pinch of cayanne pepper also just in case. because thats the only other thing i took while drinking the red wine.

G

The only way I can see Red Wine helping with hair is the procyanidin inside the wine. I've read some studies that suggest procyanidin help in growing hair on the scalp but if this is so, there are much better sources of procyanidin than red wine.

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been drinking one class of red wine a day for about a year becuase of it's health benefits, I'm about a NW5. Was Probs a NW3ish a year ago. Hmmm?

And aren't you the guy who said you saved your hair by not getting a boner?

Reaction score
No I thought masterbation caused hairloss to worsen but i with held for over 2 months and hair never got better and pretty much got worse. So i threw that little theory out the door. I'm gonna stand strong on this red wine thing because my hair went into over drive twice after drinking the red wine for a period of 2 weeks straight.

G

commonsense123 said:
No I thought masterbation caused hairloss to worsen but i with held for over 2 months and hair never got better and pretty much got worse. So i threw that little theory out the door. I'm gonna stand strong on this red wine thing because my hair went into over drive twice after drinking the red wine for a period of 2 weeks straight.

What do you think is in the red wine to help with hair growth? As I said above, if it's procyanidin, there are better sources of this than in red wine, for example, apples.

Reaction score
because i've always ate alot of apples before and after i started losing my hair. Flavanoids and resveretrol mixed with the alcohol to thin the blood could make it easier for the scalp vessels to absorb the nutrients easier....like i said i have no clue and scientists still aren't sure by the exact mechanism it works to help the prostate. But i do no they said it has a strong effect on male androgen levels....So bottom line i have no clue...but i do know my hair was growing in very thick while drinking it. I know that for sure.

Reaction score
and i was also off finasteride for 3 months when i started drinking the red wine....so there yah go....try it...it won't hurt..

G

commonsense123 said:
and i was also off finasteride for 3 months when i started drinking the red wine....so there yah go....try it...it won't hurt..

I would try it but I don't drink alcohol of any kind lol

Reaction score
ha well thats a good reason not to....yah i don't drink either....The red wine thing was just a health kick deal...suppose to be good for you..but the whole hair thing was a great bonus

G

commonsense123 said:
because i've always ate alot of apples before and after i started losing my hair.

How many apples did you use to eat each day and what kind of apples were they?

Reaction score
I ate ussually one (Gala or Fuji) apple a day....and every now and then i bought green apples. I kinda just switched every so often. Great for the health but nothing ever changed with my hair.

ali777

Reaction score
JLL said:
If red wine did help with hair loss, the only reasons I could think of would be resveratrol and the blood thinning effect. Maybe there are some cases where those two would help, but only a small percentage of people who take lots of resveratrol seem to grow hair, and as others have pointed out, the world is full of bald wine drinkers.

I'm going with JLL....

I have read about red wine in the past and resveratrol seems to be the only explanation. It is important to note that not all red wines are rich in resveratrol.

Then there is also the case of alcohol relaxing the body and mind. A glass of red wine every night could help you wind down and fall asleep easier. I personally don't sleep better after consuming alcohol, but it works for lots of people.

I have a hectic lifestyle, I work till late most of the time, but I am fully aware of the benefits of winding down in the evenings. I can see how relaxing with a glass of wine can help.

G

commonsense123 said:
I ate ussually one (Gala or Fuji) apple a day....and every now and then i bought green apples. I kinda just switched every so often. Great for the health but nothing ever changed with my hair.

If Red Wine does thicken the hair maybe it's down to resveretrol but I'm going to stick with the procyanidin idea.

If procyanidin helps with hair growth then eating 1 Gala or Fuji apple a day isn't going to be enough to see any results I think. The study I read said Granny Smith's and Red Delicious contained a high amount of procyanidin, much more than the other apples and red wine they tested.

I am not saying eating several apples daily for up to a year will help with one's hair but if procyanidin does promote growth, these 2 specific apples will do it providing you eat 2 or 3 daily.