Dr Zarev Vacuum Assisted Tecnique For Graft Extraction

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Touchy.

Moving on, this is a comment by Dr Taleb Barghouthi, who I personally don't know, regarding Dr Zarev:

1. I strongly believe that hair restoration- just like hair loss is a dynamic process. Therefore, Restoration should in most cases be seen on a patient by patient basis. It is important to start off with the safest region first, extract a decent number that will greatly fulfil expectations . These patients are then followed up and if the donor pattern is leaning towards a less aggressive pattern, then that donor area extraction can be extended gradually if no significant miniaturization is seen on dermoscopy. I’m not in line with utilizing the entire donor limits from the first go unless the final pattern is clearly reached.

2. Vaccum assisted extraction adds further stress on the follicles. It is hard to judge the effect of vaccum on drying up grafts. Remember that dryness is more significant than partial transection when it comes to survival.

3. I have numerous patients who have had surgeries in clinics that claim new and secret techniques. One of them is a clinic that claims only partial extraction of the follicles to preserve your donor. Unfortunately they end up having 2-3 procedures before noticing any significant growth in the recipient area. When we do one session for them after that, they realize how different their results are and the huge improvement they get after only one proper transplant.

4. I am on the members selection committee of the ISHRS. I therefore go through the new applications. According to the ISHRS guidelines, naming new techniques that are not backed by evidence for the sake of marketing is a questionable thing and can lead to a member being refused membership or even for an existing member to be asked to provide further explanations about this technique.

I think Dr. Zarev stirred the pot with his pictures, so there will be a reaction in the whole hair transplant community.
1. Zarev definitely does take an individualized approach and carefully examines all aspects of the donor zone under a microscope. His giga sessions were on older men whose hair loss had likely run its course.
2. Sounds a bit contradictory when he claims that dryness is more significant than transection, but then says it’s hard to judge the effect of vacuum on drying up grafts... sounds like he can’t confidently establish the link between vacuum and dryness.
3. Sounds completely irrelevant to Zarev. Who cares that there’s some other clinic with some hocus pocus method.
4. So Zarev will have to provide some explanations about his method then because his results are so good? Cool.

At the end of the day, whatever his method is... his results don’t lie so he’s doing something right. This other Doctor sounds skeptical in every way but I would gladly put Zarev’s results up against his...

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Zarev definitely does take an individualized approach and carefully examines all aspects of the donor zone under a microscope. His giga sessions were on older men whose hair loss had likely run its course.
2. Sounds a bit contradictory when he claims that dryness is more significant than transection, but then says it’s hard to judge the effect of vacuum on drying up grafts... sounds like he can’t confidently establish the link between vacuum and dryness.
3. Sounds completely irrelevant to Zarev. Who cares that there’s some other clinic with some hocus pocus method.
4. So Zarev will have to provide some explanations about his method then because his results are so good? Cool.

At the end of the day, whatever his method is... his results don’t lie so he’s doing something right. This other Doctor sounds skeptical in every way but I would gladly put Zarev’s results up against his...

Yeah I agree with you. That's why I said he's stirring the pot and I can see some jealousy ramping up.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I will try to contact him again he is a little bit hard to reach to schedule the consult.

In the meantime I scheduled one with Dr.Lorenzo and the process was much much easier, so hopefully if I can't get Zarev, I'll be in good hands..

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will try to contact him again he is a little bit hard to reach to schedule the consult.

In the meantime I scheduled one with Dr.Lorenzo and the process was much much easier, so hopefully if I can't get Zarev, I'll be in good hands..
What norwood are you?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
What norwood are you?

I am a diffuse 5 I think, with my front thicker than the crown. I would like to focus on the crown and fortify the hairline a little.

The issue is according to Dr.Lorenzo have DUPA above my ears and along my neckline, but also the pictures I sent him , I gave myself a shitty haircut with clippers with a 1 grade that I didn't buzz completely evenly. So maybe the pictures look worse than it is.

I'm hoping when Dr. Lorenzo evaluates it microscopically it will be less than the pictures show, also considering I'm on finasteride hopefully he will accept me as a patient.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I personally do not think you’re a good transplant candidate. Not because of your donor, that looks fine to me but because all you’re hair is intact it’s just diffused. I think a transplant could cause a lot more damage than restoration potentially.

Thats the most full NW5 anyone has ever seen lol. From talking to you previously I recall you’re hair looking much worse. How you improved after treatments?

Well I was thinking the front of the hairline, as well as the crown, is sparse enough that a skilled doctor like Dr. Lorenzo, Feirrera, or Zarev would be able to implant in between the miniaturized hairs. Of course I could quit minoxidil and have the crown hairs fall out, but I think that at least some coverage there would help in the overall illusion. I know I'm unlikely to get full coverage.

Well I had some regrowth and thickening from finasteride but it was mostly in the crown, but unfortunately there is only so much finasteride and min can do.

Dr. Lorenzo from what I read is quite good with DUPA patients, so my order of preference was pretty much going to be Zarev, Lorenzo, Fereirra or Konior.

Last edited:

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Great donor man. I think you would benefit tremendously from a transplant especially if you're balding slowly. Can always do a touch up later too.

Well before finasteride and min I wasn't, but in the last few years they seemed to slow things down very well. I was hoping to get more crown coverage to be able to use fibers easier, and strengthen the hairline forelock and edges just a little bit.

Bensson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if the results and pictures are really good, i find it odd that Dr Zaev himself is wearing a hairpiece and the website looks like a retarded 10 child has built the site, i mean he makes 100-200,000€ per month and can not buy a wordpress template for 50€

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you say he is wearing a piece? This thread is starting to turn up like the Daily Mail again

Bensson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you say he is wearing a piece? This thread is starting to turn up like the Daily Mail again

Because it is a hairpiece he has on his head, or wig if it makes you happier

hairpiece.jpg

hairpiece.jpg

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Low res pic. How can you be so positive? Is it fair to question how legit your statement is in the same manner you question how legit his results are?

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if the results and pictures are really good, i find it odd that Dr Zaev himself is wearing a hairpiece and the website looks like a retarded 10 child has built the site, i mean he makes 100-200,000€ per month and can not buy a wordpress template for 50€
A more believable accusation:
You’re a fcuking idiot.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This moron really said “this low res picture not only proves he’s wearing a wig but also, means every single transplant hes done regardless of the videos and pictures is a fraud.”

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well gentleman, I was ready to give my left kidney to see Dr. Zarev but he doesn't seem to be responding to multiple e-mail attempt/cell phone contact attempts. Which is strange because he replied to my first one and agreed to see me, but after that I got radio silence.

I guess Dr. Lorenzo or Dr. Ferreira are next on my list.
Bro don’t give up!! I’d keep messaging him and call the clinic. If he’s the Doctor you want I’d keep at it!

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Bro don’t give up!! I’d keep messaging him and call the clinic. If he’s the Doctor you want I’d keep at it!

I agree with you, but Dr. Lorenzo's office has gone out of it's way in their responsiveness and helpfulness even with the Covid travel restrictions situation. I think he can get me a similar enough result, a little pricier sure but no big deal, and at least I can have reliable communication with a representative from the clinic.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with you, but Dr. Lorenzo's office has gone out of it's way in their responsiveness and helpfulness even with the Covid travel restrictions situation. I think he can get me a similar enough result, a little pricier sure but no big deal, and at least I can have reliable communication with a representative from the clinic.
The results of this clinic look better. What Norwood are you?
https://instagram.com/hairofistanbul?igshid=180k225kik09b