Dr. Lee's Treatment Formulas

2Thin

Reaction score
I just saw a "new" product from Neutrogena. It's a liquid form of the salicylic acid conditioner. It's called overnight dandruff treatment. It may be useful because I belive salicylic acid has some positive effects against male pattern baldness (Dr. Lee uses it in his shampoo). So, with this stuff, you could easily apply daily, rather than only aplying it as a conditioner after shampooing.

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
dr. lee's shampoo Review

I was ordering a bottle of spironolactone from Dr. Lee and I figured I'd try some of his Ketoconazole2%/SalicylicAcid3% shampoo. As with all of Dr. Lee's products, it was professionally compounded and seemed to be high quality.

For 14bucks+ shipping its a bit pricey for a 4oz bottle but its very concentrated so it should last over a month using 3x/week.

The shampoo was colored red and had very little fragrance. Only a very small amount was needed for a thick lather. It really didnt seem to make my hair feel superior to Tsal/Nizoral but it was a nice change.

I think I'm still partial to just using Tsal/Nizoral1%, but Dr. Lee's shampoo is a nice change of pace.

IMHO its better to use Tsal first, leave on 2-3minutes to cleanse dead skin of your scalp, rinse, then apply nizoral for maximum penetration. I'm not sure how good nizoral/tsal work at the same time but maybe I'm thinking too hard about my shampoo

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com Should I?

HairLossTalk.com your opinion on Lees 2%spironolactone.Should I try it along with my minoxidil while I wait for this gyno situation to clear?

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Im using the 2%, I like it but havent been using it long enuff to evaluate effectiveness. Plus I'm using the other treatments.

It should be effective based on the science behind it

jay

Reaction score
spironolactone+pro topical?

Hi,
I've been using a topical application of 20ml+6 100g spironolactone pills, along with 0.5g dutasteride oral. I've got some propecia pills still left over. Anyone think its worth me crushing them and adding them to my topical combo of spironolactone and dermovan? If so how many should i add to a mixture of 20ml dermovan and 6 x 100mg spironolactone?
all help would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: HairLossTalk.com Should I?

MrTelogen said:
HairLossTalk.com your opinion on Lees 2%spironolactone.Should I try it along with my minoxidil while I wait for this gyno situation to clear?

2% spironolactone is pretty cheap. I'd give it a try if I were you, especially now that you are off Propecia.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I definitely wouldnt *not* use it if you just dropped Propecia. You'll need something there to pick up the slack but unfortunately there isn't an ounce of proof that I can give you that it will work. I would opt for the 5% instead of the 2% and I would use Revivogen as well if it were me. Just my opinion. Logic here would be doing as much as possible with some completely unproven treatments to maybe, hopefully duplicate propecia, in propecia's absence.

Good news is though .. you're not going to see much change in hair if you go off propecia for a month or three anyways. Takes longer than that usually.

HairLossTalk.com

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
I definitely wouldnt *not* use it if you just dropped Propecia. You'll need something there to pick up the slack but unfortunately there isn't an ounce of proof that I can give you that it will work. I would opt for the 5% instead of the 2% and I would use Revivogen as well if it were me. Just my opinion. Logic here would be doing as much as possible with some completely unproven treatments to maybe, hopefully duplicate propecia, in propecia's absence.

Good news is though .. you're not going to see much change in hair if you go off propecia for a month or three anyways. Takes longer than that usually.

HairLossTalk.com

i think it might depend on your rate of loss before you went on propecia. after i stopped propecia, i noticed a huge change in just a couple of months. even my girlfriend commented on it. within four or five months, i had to start shaving my head again.

i personally use both the 2% and the 5% spironolactone. some people think they got better results with the 2% than the 5% because it has a different vehicle for absorption. plus, the 2% is cheaper. i use one in the morning and the other one at night.

i agree with using revivogen together with spironolactone. however, (and i know there is no evidence for it), i use zix instead. i also use azelaic acid in the form of xandrox. zix has both zinc and b6, which supposedly inhibit dht production according to some studies. and zix has gotten some really good reviews. but if you want to stick with the more proven treatments, i agree that revivogen together with spironolactone is a good idea.

i was, for a time, thinking about topical finasteride or topical dutasteride. but after speaking with bryan shelton, i'm concerned there is a good chance that topical finasteride or dutasteride would be systemically absorbed. which would defeat the purpose of using topical finasteride or dutasteride.

joe

Reaction score
just started off

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:52 am Post subject: so many question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
Previously i had tried Fabao 101(china regimen).Which very expensive but little effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!sh*t..why hair problem has no standard cure like sliming inwhich entails intensive spenting on R&D(at individual,s budget).

Currently i'm taking pillfood(vitamin) for healthy grown of hair and nair, (nizoral 2%,Revovgen shampoo,Pregain shampoo),Revovgen solution*2,Folligen lotion and spray.

Morning i applied Folligen first then minoxidil,last but not least Revovgen(confuse whether Folligen 1st of last).Also going to pruchase MSM from GNC,Xandrox5% and 12.5%.Seek for your comment please.Thanks

fandabbydozy

Reaction score
Hi all , i have just ordered dr lee`s retin a liquid.has anyone any idea which to use first,minoxidil or the retin a? how long between? i`ve heard that minoxidil & retin a are unstable when mixed together is this true?
thanks alot!!!

Fandy

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know wht is the best medication for hair loss in the frontal part i am really desperate to regain my hair back thnks

HairyN

Established Member
Reaction score
fandy most people will tell you to get on the big 3...nizoral/finasteride/min

i prefer to avoid any chance of systematic side effects (my dick isnt worth tampering with, especially when there are such promising treatments on the horizon) so i went with dr.lee's xandrox AM/PM...spironolactone 5%...and shampoo 2% keto/3% salicylic..and tricomin

in the end it all depends on what actually works for you...what works for others may not work for you...but the 2 combinations above are good starts

G

Fandy said:
Hi does anyone know wht is the best medication for hair loss in the frontal part i am really desperate to regain my hair back thnks

Big three and add spironolactone to hairline.

Good luck

Mark1

Reaction score
Looking for Treatment Update

Guys,

I have been on this website for 2 1/2 years plus. Let me first start by saying THANK YOU to HairLossTalk.com, Troymaclure, Bryan, Bruce Lee, and Pete 2001. I have been able to maintain and improve my hair growth with your expertise.

I have been on the following regimen and I am requesting for the experts to give me updated information. The following is my regimen:

1.25mg Proscar
5%minoxidil - morning/night
spironolactone - night

What are the latest updates you can give me to help me.

Guys, In advance Thank You. The fact that I am getting good qualitative info from people who are experiencing the same thing I am can not be measured.

I anxiously await your responses.

HairLossTalk.com if it is not too much trouble a spell check would be great.

Mark1

G

Re: Looking for Treatment Update

Mark1 said:
Guys,

I have been on this website for 2 1/2 years plus. Let me first start by saying THANK YOU to HairLossTalk.com, Troymaclure, Bryan, Bruce Lee, and Pete 2001. I have been able to maintain and improve my hair growth with your expertise.

I have been on the following regimen and I am requesting for the experts to give me updated information. The following is my regimen:

1.25mg Proscar
5%minoxidil - morning/night
spironolactone - night

What are the latest updates you can give me to help me.

Guys, In advance Thank You. The fact that I am getting good qualitative info from people who are experiencing the same thing I am can not be measured.

I anxiously await your responses.

HairLossTalk.com if it is not too much trouble a spell check would be great.

Mark1

First of all, thanks for the acknowledgement.

Second-if you are getting good results now, then that is the best guage to go by. Feedback is the breakfast of champions and if your's is good, that is the test.

The only thing I see missing is nizoral. Do you use that at all?

:)

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
xandrox15

I just ordered xandrox15 from Dr. Lee. I have almost a full head of hair with slight dispersed thinning in frontal region and see some more hair coming in my left temp since adding spironolactone and folligen two weeks ago. Most of hairline is still intact. I have been using finasteride and minoxidil 5% for five years. I don't use nizoral because it makes my scalp feel worse(1% and 2% formulas). I ordered the xandrox15 to help me out in the temp regions.
Anybody have any comments/criticisms of this move?

Redbone

Reaction score
Just kidding this is the newest super treatment and doctor Lee is really excited about it. He made it affordable for everyone. It looks like your right on track, he said if you dont respond to other minoxidil treatments its time for the 15%. I will be ordering as I have been using minoxidil with retin A for 10mo with fair results but not much re-growth.

p.s. Dr. Lee is against Reinoic acid

kevinv

Reaction score
Why do you say Lee is against Retin-A? He sells it in his nitetime formulation.

Why do you call the 15% minoxidil a new invention... hasn't he been selling it for years?

I bought some a year or so ago.

Please advise and thanks!!