Dr. Lee's Treatment Formulas

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
heeeey...Bruce....you know i would never make fun of YOUR age now would i :?

you know what i mean though....get some of those guys back, shake things up a bit

G

Troymaclure said:
heeeey...Bruce....you know i would never make fun of YOUR age now would i :?

you know what i mean though....get some of those guys back, shake things up a bit

I got it. It is good to be back!

BL

6_Uptown_NYC

Reaction score
Hey Guys - I just *tried* (note that tried is the opportune word here) to order minoxidil.+Retin-A from Dr. Lee's site. AFTER placing the order and giving my credit card info., I get an e-mail that says I have to get permission from my current doctor to get the product.

I'm assuming that this is because of the prescription Retin-A, but come on - wouldn't I get that message before I provide my credit card info.? Seems a little shady to me, but maybe I'm wrong. Has this happened to anyone else? I hope I didn't get pulled into some kind of scam (it just seems shady that they'd take my credit card info. then put everything on hold until I get actual permission). Thoughts?

G

If you read his site really carefully, I think all his products are pretty much RX required. But it could be clearer I think.

I dont think he is sleazy, just a bit vague.

Brucelee

Baldude

Reaction score
xandrox 12.5%

Hi, me again. Just wanted to know if anyone is using it, and help me with some questions i have about it (I'd asked Dr. Lee were it not his product):
1. I am receding a bit at the front, currently only using Propecia. Would it be effective if I used it without the usual 5% minoxidil, as suggested in Dr. Lee's site, only to gain a little at the front?
2. Social life: since I have no experience with minoxidil, does it (the 12.5 lotion) stink? Is it very icky? greasy? does it dry fast?
3. Is applying once a day enough? and is it good to apply before bed? (I usually rub my head a lot against the pillow while asleep)
4. Would I begin to use it, could I stop using Propecia?
5. Does it require a prescription, and do you think they make deliveries to Israel?

I think that is all, I'm sorry if this post strikes you as a bit dumb, I'm just a little tired and worried about hair...precious hair 8O

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, me again. Just wanted to know if anyone is using it, and help me with some questions i have about it (I'd asked Dr. Lee were it not his product):
1. I am receding a bit at the front, currently only using Propecia. Would it be effective if I used it without the usual 5% minoxidil, as suggested in Dr. Lee's site, only to gain a little at the front?
2. Social life: since I have no experience with minoxidil, does it (the 12.5 lotion) stink? Is it very icky? greasy? does it dry fast?
3. Is applying once a day enough? and is it good to apply before bed? (I usually rub my head a lot against the pillow while asleep)
4. Would I begin to use it, could I stop using Propecia?
5. Does it require a prescription, and do you think they make deliveries to Israel?

I think that is all, I'm sorry if this post strikes you as a bit dumb, I'm just a little tired and worried about hair...precious hair

1.) if you're talking about xandrox 12.5%, then i would use 5% minoxidil if you're only looking to gain a little at the front...it's cheaper and if all else fails the 12.5% is always something you can move up to.
2.) i haven't used it, but i would assume if i were you that, like most other treatments , it will leave your hair looking quite greasy, at least at first, though i find Dr.Lee's minoxidil dries quicker than others so perhaps the Xandrox is the same
3.) Once a day is enough if you're looking for just a little bit at the front and not having your whole head of hair surviving off it
4.) I think you would need to keep using finasteride with it
5.) i don't THINK you need a prescription if you're outside the USA, and as far as shipping to Israel goes, well, that COULD be a problem in the current climate...best to e-mail Dr.Lee direct and ask him that....he's a nice guy and always replies promptly: RichardLeeMD@earthlink.net

Your post wasn't dumb :wink: Good luck

Baldude

Reaction score
Well, the reason I was thinking of using the 12.5% xandrox is because in addition to it being very powerful, it sounds a lot more convenient to use than 5% minoxidil, what with the once daily usage, and according to Dr. Lee, the way it dries fast and that it doesn't show.
I just wanted to use it on the front, without much occupying myself during the day with the double usage of the 5%, it's kinda hard to do it every day for the rest of my life, with work and my annual 21-day service in the military. It's just that Dr. lee mentions about a 100 times in his site that it HAS to be used as a supplement to the 5% treatment. So if anyone's had any experience with 12.5% alone, or knows about the greasiness or the time it takes drying, or anything else about this product, I'd appreciate it.

BTW thanks for your reply Maclure, I remember you from such replies as "RE: HELP! Receding Here!" and "RE: are dem pils spozd to afekt my breyn?" :)

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
i have grown the little i wanted to at the front using minoxidil 5% once a day, so personally i would always recommend that first as a starting point. BTW did you see Maccabi Haifa last night?

Baldude

Reaction score
I didn't actually. I'm not really into soccer... but i heard about the "disgrace", well what did we expect against manchester?
Anyway... How much did it take you to grow back what you wanted? And I'd like to know about rogaine, what time of the day did you use it? How long did it take to dry off? and how much time does it need until i can (if i can) wash it off? oh and finally I wondered if I can add rogaine to my finasteride treatment until i get regrowth, then stop using rogaine and maintain my new hair only with Propecia? Probably not, but I'd still want to know for sure.

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't actually. I'm not really into soccer... but i heard about the "disgrace", well what did we expect against manchester?
Anyway... How much did it take you to grow back what you wanted? And I'd like to know about rogaine, what time of the day did you use it? How long did it take to dry off? and how much time does it need until i can (if i can) wash it off? oh and finally I wondered if I can add rogaine to my finasteride treatment until i get regrowth, then stop using rogaine and maintain my new hair only with Propecia? Probably not, but I'd still want to know for sure.

They actually didn’t disgrace themselves, in fact they even took the lead in the first 10 minutes!

I don’t use brand-name rogaine all the time, I tend to use Dr.Lee’s generic minoxidil which I find dries much much quicker than Rogaine, which is also more greasy. It took around 3 months before I noticed the new growth, have been using it for about 10 months now altogether.

I think using a topical minoxidil to re-grow hair and then trying to maintain it with finasteride is kind of like the Holy Grail for a lot of people, because it’s so much less hassle to pop a pill, but I don’t think it would work…personally I wouldn’t risk it.

StoneCold316

Reaction score
Troy:

Good day. I was wondering if I could get your feelings on using propecia. I am current using minoxidil, azaleic acid (alternating with spironolactone) and Folligen. I have been seriously thing of adding Propeica to replace the Azelaic acid and spironolactone. I was going to use .5 mg a day to slowly build up adn may eventually take the full 1mg.

What have your side effects been?

BTW: Love the avatar! i get a grin everytime I see it!

Cheers!

StoneCold

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
hey Stone Cold.....i would recommend you add it, i would also be more inclined to START at the full 1mg and then you can always drop the dosage in half if you maybe feel you are experiencing some adverse effects, as certain people have done successfully

i never had bad side effects, slight nut-ache in the first month, but that passed and everything's working okay still ;)

StoneCold316

Reaction score
Thanks Troy!

One other thing I forgot to ask is if you had any shedding phases and if so how bad was it?

thanks again!

Quartz

Reaction score
Hi Troy...

Following these boards for a year so now I've used your regime and experience as a template for my own, so just a quick question on Minoxidil.

I'm thinking of adding it as 10 months on Propecia has not helped much, but just intrigued as to why you went against the grain and only used minoxidil once a day, which is of course preferable but not the given advice.

Also, is spironolactone part of your regimen, and do you attribute either minoxidil or spironolactone to working synergistically with Propecia?

Thanks for your time.

Quartz

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
StoneCold....i had a shed at the start of treatment that lasted maybe 4 weeks but it wasn't too severe, in fact at the time i started i didn't even read the boards so didn't know a thing about shedding at the start of treatment, i just remember at the time that i seemed to be losing a little more hair in my brush than normal - it wasn't so bad, worth it definitely :D

Quartz,

i started treatment with a reasonably good head of hair i just wanted to maintain what i had and maybe grow a little at the temples, so i weighed things up and decided that around 5ml of minoxidil once a day might be as effective as 1 or 2ml twice a day, i also didn't want to commit my life to twice daily topical applications, just something i can do at night before bed is okay...and it's been good overall, i have hair at the temples i wouldn't have with just propecia, and it just generally looks thicker at the front than it had done for a while....i'm not so sure about topical spironolactone, i still use it but only maybe twice a week now, IMO it's not very effective, it's also quite messy and it mostly gets in the hair than on the scalp :?

Quartz

Reaction score
Thanks Troy...however I just went onto Dr Lee's (rather disorganised) website and became utterly confused by the myriad of options with Minoxidil - with/without Retin-A etc!

Bearing in mind I will also probably only use it once at night as you did, what was the one you plumped for in the end?

Cheers again

Quartz

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
Quartz....best one to go for is item #502 - that's the minoxidil 5% Day & Nite kit, basically one bottle of 5% and one of 5% w/retin-a....and alternate nights between these two (obviously, buy enough of these day/nite packs to suit your requirements) :lol:

i agree though, his site can be totally confusing :?

Baldude

Reaction score
Hey troy...

Based on your experience with the once daily usage of minoxidil, i started using a 5% minoxidil product as well (israel brand), but i wasn't aware you were using as much as 5 ml a day! they say in the instructions to use it twice x1ml a day, and repeat about 5 times in the manual to not use more than this measure... also, i feel the 1 ml usage is covering the whole area i need, and using 5 times the dosage, except for costing me shitload of money, would grease the hell of my hair... do you think maybe 1-2 ml once would be enough for me to grow just a bit on the front?
thanks again :)

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
It’s funny you should mention that actually, cos I had never actually measured how much I used each night, it just felt like a lot more than 1ml, but the other night I kept a check on how much I used….and I used approx. 1.75ml on one temple, and 1.75ml on the other, so altogether I probably only use around 3.5ml each night. It still seems a lot, but it’s not 3.5ml in ONE area, it’s spread over the two main areas I used it on, which are obviously one opposite sides of my head so I can’t just cover the whole are like you can do at the crown.

If you use Dr.Lee’s stuff, you’ll find it leaves your hair a lot less greasy than most other types, so that doesn’t really become a problem for me…

but yes i think using 1-2ml once a day will be plenty to encorage regrowth, as long as you're covering the whole area(s) reasonably generously...

azsand

Reaction score
Xandrox (minoxidil with Azelaic Acid), Success and Side Effects?

Recently started using Xandrox in place of Rogaine 5%, which was stopping hairloss mostly (still possibly very, very slow shedding after 1.5 years of use). Had to use something without Propylene Glycol, which is how I found Xandrox.

Anyway, my question is whether anyone has used Xandrox for a period of several months or more and what kind of success they had. I also wonder if anyone experienced skin pigmentation/bleaching issues and if so, how long it took to notice them and if they went away after stopping Xandrox.

Can anyone comment? Would be much appreciated.