Dr. Lee's Treatment Formulas

cupnoodle

Reaction score
i guess i can't stand PPG, so which one i should use in Dr. Lee's formula?

and what is Betamethasone Valerate?

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
cupnoodle said:
i guess i can't stand PPG, so which one i should use in Dr. Lee's formula?

and what is Betamethasone Valerate?

You could try his regular 5% formula.This has 20% PPG in it. You can try his PPG free formula, it has no PPG in it but has a lot of Glycerine in it.This can make your hair look greasy depending on they type of hair you have.I'm now using it at night because of this and using rogaine in the AM. I plan to try his 20%PG fornmula also.

BV is a strong topical steroid.I would not suggest using it.You can get it from a Doctor and use it separately.

azsand

Reaction score
Re: Xandrox (minoxidil with Azelaic Acid), Success and Side Effe

azsand said:
Recently started using Xandrox in place of Rogaine 5%, which was stopping hairloss mostly (still possibly very, very slow shedding after 1.5 years of use). Had to use something without Propylene Glycol, which is how I found Xandrox.

Anyway, my question is whether anyone has used Xandrox for a period of several months or more and what kind of success they had. I also wonder if anyone experienced skin pigmentation/bleaching issues and if so, how long it took to notice them and if they went away after stopping Xandrox.

Can anyone comment? Would be much appreciated.

Switched to Dr. Lee's Minoxidil 5% with no PPG. Much less heavy than Xandrox. Also, absolutley no more irritation that had become unbearable from Rogaine after 1.5 years of use. PPG was the problem.

Mark1

Reaction score
Xandrox 12.5%

Troymaclure/Bryan/Rocky/Pete2001??

Was ready to order more 5%minoxidil with retin. I was looking at Dr. Lees website and I saw the promo on xandrox 12.5%??. According to the write up it is made for male pattern baldness in the temples and receding front hairline. Has anyone heard anything on this and its effectiveness?? or side effects ?

What is HLH ??

Thanks Mark1

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
hi Mark....never actually tried it, i know it's expensive and possibly irritable at first, you have to use a little at the hairline or something - a lot of people i know say it didn't do much, others say it may have helped a little.

If i were you i would give minoxidil/retin-a a try first, don't start off with the most powerful treatments as it gives you nothing to move up to should your regimen start to lose effectiveness

Mark1

Reaction score
Dr. Lees formulas

Troymaclure,

Thank you for the response and advice. I have used the minoxidil 5% with retin already. I would think the Xandrox 12.5% or something more potent then the minoxidil 5% would be something more beneficial especially considering our shared ability to apply only once a day.

Let's say you do go with the Xandrox 12.5% or something stronger then the minoxidil 5%. Do you still use the spironolactone ??

How much is the Xandrox 12.5% ??

Thx Mark1

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
Mark,

I suppose I’m just trying to understand what you mean by wanting something more potent…do you feel minoxidil 5% is no longer working for you, what kind of results have you had? In my opinion I think people get easily confused by the descriptions and theoretics of certain products…Xandrox 12.5% sounds like a mega growth inducing cocktail of DHT inhibition & minoxidl, whereas in reality it probably doesn’t do anything more than minoxidil 5% in terms of regrowth or maintenance….

the only time I think you should consider stepping up to something like that is when you feel that all the hairs you grew, strengthened or maintained with using minoxidil 5% are no longer seemingly being supported by that same treatment – however if minoxidil 5% is maintaining what you have but not regrowing I would still stick with it…

substantial regrowth is very very difficult to achieve, and people need to set realistic goals...once they do they find it much easier to stick with certain products for a longer period of time, without being seduced by the marketing spiel of other products - consistency of treatments is vital, certainly the main treatments such as minoxidil and finasteride...things like SOD's and topical DHT treatments can be interchanged at various intervals.

Xandrox 12.5% is expensive, i forget how much exactly, but it is expensive...something like $30 for 30ml - i have yet to see any major praise for it by its users, which you may expect for a supposedly stronger treatment...i see much more praise for normal minoxidil :eek:

I do use spironolactone Mark, but i have a special concoction of it which consists of dr.lee's 5% spironolactone lotion with ground bayberry bark root mixed in....i am also planning to add some zinc/b6 to the mix to have my own powerful DHT inhibitor (if it works lol)...anyway it's kinda an experiment adding the zinc/b6 to it, but i feel it could be a better delivery vehicle in the lotion than just distilled water - providing that the zinc, b6 & spironolactone don't react with one another then it may be a reasonably effective topical :D

blt

Reaction score
I have male pattern baldness in the temples and receding front hairline and I have been using Dr. Lee's 12.5% Xandrox (125ml bottle). I just started my 3rd bottle. On my 2nd bottle I noticed a little bit of growth and a little bit of thickening but no significant improvement. Shedding did occur. After the 2nd bottle I stopped for 3 - 6 months. After 3-6 months with out Xandrox, I started losing a lot of hair. My hair loss is at the front of my head so Minoxidil will not work. I have resumed Dr. Lee's 12.5% Xandrox. I just started on my 3rd bottle.

I did not experience any serious side effects with Dr. Lee's 12.5% Xandrox. I had a little bit more dandruff.

I want to add Proscar to my treatment. I want to order Proscar with out the prescription. Should I order from a place outside of the u.s.a.? I want to order from a reputable place that won't take my $ and send me a placebo. Where should I order online for Proscar and not get scammed?

I plan to split proscar 5mg's into 4's. Is there a place online to order a pill splitter that works? What is a good brand pill splitter?

spasm

Reaction score
Xandrox

Im interested in Dr. Lee's Xandrox topical formula for my thinning hair. I take a medication that is causing my hair to thin and Id like to start on the 5% Xandrox stuff. Can anyone speak to how well this product would work by itself? Im looking for a night time application if possible. I currently use T Sal and I would have no problem adding another shampoo if needed.

How well does it work? What are the known side effects? Is there something that would be better?

Thanks for any help.

Spasm :?:

kevinv

Reaction score
Proscar Prescription

I got a Proscar prescription from Dr. Lee... so if you have already paid your little fee to him and you are considered a "patient"- I'd suggest asking him for a Proscar prescription.

It works out great for me. Regarding pillcutter- I have just been using a razor blade... I'd like something better though.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had good sucess using an X-Acto hobby knife. Sharp as balls and gets the job done. However, I'm splitting Propecia. If you are splitting Proscar, it will be much more difficult. I would get the pillcutter in a heartbeat.

XL

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Lee is a really nice guy. I just sent him two emails with a ton of questions, and he got back to me lickety split. With good detailed answers to boot.

I'm looking into starting Xandrox 5% with spironolactone 5%. I need to start using topical DHT inhibitors and anti-androgens since I'm no longer on the finasteride. Anybody have good results with these???

Topical DHT inhibitors and anti-androgens sound really good in theory, but I haven't heard too many positive things about these. I'm thinking maybe it's because they only inhibit DHT production in the scalp, so that DHT produced in other parts of the body gets moved around in the blood, and when it gets to the scalp, these topicals have no effect on this existing DHT. What does everybody think???

I hope someone replies to this. This thread looks like it's been dead for a while. Anybody around???

kevinv

Reaction score
Well, I am on finasteride, Xandrox 5%, Lee's spironolactone Cream, Prox-N, Vitamins, and some Tricomin now and then... even fell for FNS...

Very little (to no) success in controlling frontal loss.

It's quite depressing actually.

I think the last thing I may try is the laser comb... some will say I am an idiot for thinking it... but ,,, maybe I am!

I hope you have better luck. Lee is a good guy I agree.

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
kevinv,

how long have you been using that long list of topicals?

you are using a huge amount of differing chemicals at one time on your scalp.

Maybe you could just stick with the proven treatments finasteride/min/nizoral for at least 12months and then add the others after that period. I agree spironolactone, prox-N, and azelaic acid are probably good treatments, but if you're using all that at once it would seem possible you could be getting a negative effect from too many treatments at once and its impossible to tell which one is beneficial or not

kevinv

Reaction score
I guess I feel the regimine is fairly balanced with finasteride for systematic DHT reduction, Prox-N and Tricomin for SOD, spironolactone Cream for Topical DHT and minoxidil for growth stimulant.

Dr, Lee recommended the Finasteride, spironolactone and minoxidil...

Comments?

kevinv

Reaction score
oops, yeah, I left that out.... I have been tapering off of it though because it actually seems to irritate my scalp when I do use it... Now that I haven't used it for a couple weeks, scalp condition is pretty good.

??

G

I used to get some irriation when I used 2% nizoral. Quite the opposite for me on the 1%, which really makes my scalp feel great.

Brucelee

chuckfrasher

Reaction score
kevinv said:
I guess I feel the regimine is fairly balanced with finasteride for systematic DHT reduction, Prox-N and Tricomin for SOD, spironolactone Cream for Topical DHT and minoxidil for growth stimulant.

Dr, Lee recommended the Finasteride, spironolactone and minoxidil...

Comments?

Sounds like a good regimen.