Dr Knudsen Australia, rate the before/after photos

Alsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking for a doctor in Australia and Dr Knudsen comes up a bit.
He has some new before and after photos, can I get your thoughts on the quality?

He charges
$5500 USD for 1000 grafts FUT
$7200 USD for 1000 grafts FUE

I'm a NW3 and need temporal point restoration as well as hairline restoration

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
$5500 USD for 1000 grafts FUT
$7200 USD for 1000 grafts FUE
godzilla1.jpg

Couto, De Freitas, Beesanga, Feriduni, Heitmann, Reddy, Zarev, Laorwong, Lorenzo, Ferreira, Lupanzula, Maras, Rahal, Hasson, literally most of the best surgeons charge less than that. Dude, save your money, and travel abroad.

Alsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha that photo is hilarious. Consider that I'd need to buy tickets and a hotel in top of that which might add an extra 3k USD

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha that photo is hilarious. Consider that I'd need to buy tickets and a hotel in top of that which might add an extra 3k USD
You need temple peaks and hairline. Thats 2250 grafts easy right there. With that surgeon you would pay 16200. Not worth it dude, and Knudsen is not even good, just average.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Australian surgeons in general have a reputation in these forums for being expensive and average. Nicoandgello threw some pretty good names earlier, I suggest checking those surgeons.

Alsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you guys recommend Dr Pathomvanich (DHT Clinic) or Dr Laorwong in Thailand?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rubbish. Always look at how natural and full the donor looks and recipient post surgery, literally boils down to that. And Knudsen sucks with artistry even if he is safe with donor management and has hair loss knowledge. You need to be smart to be a Dr BUT artistry is totally a different matter, it may well be that a layman who was allowed to do a one year apprenticeship in hair will be better than a Dr and many techs actually are but keep it on the low. For me to say this it means it really is true ha. Not to mention he costs so much and some look worse, surgical or a mishmash of the two.

Look at the list of the top surgeons, their results are way more natural and aesthetic, you can't pick up surgery has been done. I had mine done at a good place (name withheld) and I have shared my results over PM but also to some of those top surgeons mentioned in this thread and they said it was great and they wouldn't improve it further. No one has picked up on it in real life.

You can't totally undo a botched surgery and we have limited grafts, be careful, most people can only do 1-3 surgeries in their life for this so choose wisely.

@DoctorHouse @justinbieberscombover

Couto just 1700 grafts and it's every bit as impressive with a comb through.

1636973708504.png

3700 grafts, no signs of surgery anywhere

1636973794287.png

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, americans and aussies getting ripped off.

The cost is relative to earnings, it's loose change for an MD in the states and at least they still have quality over there but I see your point, money is still money. Aussies on the other hand would end up paying a fair bit and the quality is probably worse than a very average Turkish surgeon.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Rubbish. Always look at how natural and full the donor looks and recipient post surgery, literally boils down to that. And Knudsen sucks with artistry even if he is safe with donor management and has hair loss knowledge. You need to be smart to be a Dr BUT artistry is totally a different matter, it may well be that a layman who was allowed to do a one year apprenticeship in hair will be better than a Dr and many techs actually are but keep it on the low. For me to say this it means it really is true ha. Not to mention he costs so much and some look worse, surgical or a mishmash of the two.

Look at the list of the top surgeons, their results are way more natural and aesthetic, you can't pick up surgery has been done. I had mine done at a good place (name withheld) and I have shared my results over PM but also to some of those top surgeons mentioned in this thread and they said it was great and they wouldn't improve it further. No one has picked up on it in real life.

You can't totally undo a botched surgery and we have limited grafts, be careful, most people can only do 1-3 surgeries in their life for this so choose wisely.

@DoctorHouse @justinbieberscombover

Couto just 1700 grafts and it's every bit as impressive with a comb through.

View attachment 172528

3700 grafts, no signs of surgery anywhere

View attachment 172529
No doubt Dr Couto is one of the best in the world which is why I would go to him.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
No doubt Dr Couto is one of the best in the world which is why I would go to him.

He is but there are many good ones, in your shoes I would have gone to any of the world class ones, even locally like 15 years ago! I personally couldn't stand hairline asymmetry or recession as it's the facial frame. Rest I can tolerate.