Dr. Cole in 1 Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Techprof, yes I knew you meant Dr. Poswal in India. That's the Doctor I was referring to when I said Dr. A.

G

I just remembered something. You see these implants come into the forums, promote one docotor just for a season and then they disappear and suddenly out of nowhere, reappear six to nine motnhs or so later. WHY?

I have seen it scores of times. What happens is that these implants come on and promote the doctor of their choice, maybe six months to a year before their procedure, right Daveone? They then tell their doctor of choice how much they have persuaded other newbies to come their way. They get their free grafts because their Doctor feels they have earned it.

Then they disappear again waiting for their procedure to grow out and then when they want more surgery, meaning more free grafts, they suddenly reappear promoting the same doctor all over again. It must be getting somewhat close to his next procedure. Think about that for a moment.

If what I am saying is not true, then just tell me why these guys don't hang in the forums trying to help others on threads that don't even involve surgery! There are a number of you who have had surgery yet hang around because you are truly are here to help your fellow patient.

Remember what I said, look closely at what posters do as well as what they don't do. In no time you'll figure it out.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gillenator said:
I just remembered something. You see these implants come into the forums, promote one docotor just for a season and then they disappear and suddenly out of nowhere, reappear six to nine motnhs or so later. WHY?

I have seen it scores of times. What happens is that these implants come on and promote the doctor of their choice, maybe six months to a year before their procedure, right Daveone? They then tell their doctor of choice how much they have persuaded other newbies to come their way. They get their free grafts because their Doctor feels they have earned it.

Then they disappear again waiting for their procedure to grow out and then when they want more surgery, meaning more free grafts, they suddenly reappear promoting the same doctor all over again. It must be getting somewhat close to his next procedure. Think about that for a moment.

If what I am saying is not true, then just tell me why these guys don't hang in the forums trying to help others on threads that don't even involve surgery! There are a number of you who have had surgery yet hang around because you are truly are here to help your fellow patient.

Remember what I said, look closely at what posters do as well as what they don't do. In no time you'll figure it out.

It's very hard to take some of the things you say here outside of general help, seriously b/c you may have been a disgruntled employee for Cole and like most people in the work force are usually down on their former employers.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
balloonman said:
DAVEONE: With all due respect your posts sound like a Cole infomercial. You make statements that are blatently incorrect and supported by no facts at all.

You wrote: "Cole's scarring is acceptable to me, and continues to improve. And he says he uses .75 and up depending on the hair grouping, the caliber, etc. So it's his word against yours."

Well, actually its his words against yours. From Coles own website:

"The general rule in skin surgery is that an incision smaller than 1.5 mm in size will heal without a visible scar to the naked eye. Therefore, in theory there should be no cosmetic advantage to a smaller incision than 1.25 mm in diameter or 1 mm in diameter and there could be disastrous results from smaller incisions in regard to hair shaft damage. Furthermore, the total number of hairs transferred by using smaller punches can be significantly less."

" A 0.75 mm punch will work, but the incision must be perfect. Humans are not always perfect. A 0.8 mm punch will work on the 2 hair follicular unit also, but the human must also be perfect. The 0.9 mm punch provides a larger cushion and we have used it quite often for 2 hair grafts, but it is not possible to use it on every patient or every 2 hair graft. The 1 mm punch provides a larger cushion for human error and a very high yield with most grafts and in most individuals. Still sometimes the 1.0 mm punch is too small and we increase to a 1.1 mm punch. In rare individuals it is a prudent to increase the punch size even more and we have used a 1.25 mm punch in extreme cases when dealing with very large follicular units or a great deal of wide splay. "

Now, I know what Cole uses because I have a mole in his office. I also know what he uses based on the former employees, former techs, former Drs and drs that he trained. He NEVER uses a .75mm as evidenced by his own wrods. He says quite often that his FIT AVERAGES 2.82 hairs per graft.

Based on his own words, a 2 hair graft cannot be extracted by anything less than 1mm without the risk of error. These are his own words and I know with 100% certainty that is Bulshit because I have seen thousands of my own 2 hair groupings and larger removed with a .75mm punch intact.

Again, based on Coles words, if he uses a 1mm punch for a 2 hair grouping, how large a punch do you think he must use to AVERAGE 2.82 hairs per graft? Can't be .75mm or even 1.0mm so, as he went on to say, it must be increased to 1.1mm or 1.25mm in order to safely extract the grafts.

This is why ALL of Coles patients have white dot scarring. That means 100% of them. Provide me with a single photo showing otherwise and I will apologise. The one you think has no scarring was photoshopped and I happen to have it "unphotoshopped" with the correct color and contrast levels to prove the scarring exists on this patient as well.

The fact that is may be acceptable to you has no bearing, it may be acceptable for someone to have a liniar scar too but, it still is a scar. Coles inability to use smaller punches leads to destruction of donor areas, moth eaten thinning, hypotrophic white dots and sub dermal scarring that makes subsequent FUE much more difficult.

In a nutshell, he sucks.

How do you know what size punches DR Cole uses on a daily basis? How could you? You sound like a shill for someone else.

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Gillenator, you have picked the wrong battle to fight, so I will dissect your accusations one by one this time..what else can I do? You have chosen to continue this

gillenator said:
Techprof,

Thanks for the support and mentioning to read my posting history. Anyone's actions OR lack of them tells alot about their chararcter. Anyone can research every post I have ever done on ANY forum to judge my character, it speaks for itself.
That's my point, I've done just that; and you are exactly right, your reputation precedes you.
gillenator said:
And please note I NEVER steer patients to my supporting docs, ever.
You do EXACTLY that…thing is, I don’t have a problem with that if you’re upfront about it.
gillenator said:
They are well known, ethical and don't need anyone cheerleading for them like you're doing. Quite the reverse. Whenever anyone has asked me about other good ethical doctors, I tell them they are in good hands. I don't go into ten page disortations about ONE Doctor who conveniently just happens to be the one doing my work at a discount! And then to insult all of our intelligence to make excuses for an uncontrollable explosive temper and try and pass it off as "passion". I about threw up when I read that one!

I’ve talked to dozens of patients, and I spent about 12-14 hrs in Cole’s chair, and I never experienced anything but professionalism and diligence, and the same thing was said by fellow patients, guys who spent days in Cole’s office, and who have nothing to gain by saying nice things about him in emails and PMs... guess we all got lucky. But let’s take the word of a disgruntled ex-employee.
As far as pushing Cole, I BEG you to check my posting history here before this thread started. You will see I was not pushing Cole over other docs in here. I mentioned him 3 times in 25 or so posts, Shapiro twice, Rassman 3 times, along w/ other docs. COUNT EM! The ONLY reason I got into a long tirade in this thread here was to DEFEND myself from false accusations, which were made after saying ONE positive thing about Cole in support of another patient. Have you not ever done this? Have you not said to a patient going to Shapiro that he will be in good hands? How many times? That’s all I did here, and I got attacked, I defended myself showing how I came from another forum, and was a regular poster there, and you jumped in. Why did you feel the need to do that btw? This had nothing to do with you. Why did you jump in on the other AHI thread and make false accusations about Cole out of the blue, when he wasn’t even mentioned anywhere in the post beforehand? Talk about an agenda. I hope there are lots of intelligent posters here, and hope they are all insulted by your behavior.

Would you like to see my pics? If that's what it takes, no problem. I've posted them on hairlosshelp and hairsite already. Don’t you think if I were pushing Cole I would have come into this forum dropping pics and IHTI links all over the place?
I came into this forum because I had been posting elsewhere and was just looking for more sources of info. Why didn’t I post my pics when I joined here, so that everyone could see Cole’s work? Wouldn’t I have links on my signature? I don’t have any links to any Doctor on any of my signatures. Don’t you think if I was trying to get free surgery that I would be popping my pics and links all over the place? See how your logic is flawed here? It doesn’t add up.
gillenator said:
I have routinely offered anyone interested to come and see my filed tax returns for the past ten years if you like. I can prove that I don't even make 17,000 annually for all the time I spend helping others as an advocate. What Daveone conveniently left out was the fact I represent patients who come to me as a mediator to resolve their bad situations between them and their hair transplant docs. I spend a fair amount of my time trying to get patients' money back and/or negotiating a settlement, etc, etc. And I have never charged anyone one dime for any assistance or support in the 26 years I have been in this field. And I'm in it for the money?! Nice try Dave but it did'nt work. These folks already know me by my proven actions within the industry. Do you guys really think my docs like Shapiro, Rose, True and the rest would publicly support a "shill" as he calls it?
Once again, everything you've said here falls right in line with my points..you are in the industry, and make money doing what you do in here. Are you in it for the money? Or do you make money doing what you love to do? At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter. You just told me what I already knew. Jotronic loves his job. Good for him. We all know where we stand w/ him. Unfortunately it took this long to get this out of you. Your profession is hair transplant consulting. … And you accuse me of insulting people’s intelligence?

gillenator said:
NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER take anyone serious who runs around promoting ONE doctor as I said before.
Ok, so we should just listen to people who promote 2 or more? Got it.
gillenator said:
Read between the lines folks.
Dude, I think they already have. And I’ve MORE than proven myself here. Please check out my posts before this thread started. It will be humbling for you.
gillenator said:
Daveone hung himself with his own words trying to play us all like dimwits or something. ANYONE who relentlessly goes out of their way recommending one doctor IS EARNING A FREE SURGERY, PERIOD!
What about a guy who goes out of his way to attack one doctor?

You hung yourself by jumping in accusing me of fishing for free surgery, when you knew nothing about me. You should have done your research. I’ve often talked to repair guys who weren’t sure what to do. They have these bad grafts that they got from hack docs, and they’re afraid to remove them, but they don’t want anymore hair transplant work. So what do they do? I’ve experienced firsthand what graft removal will look like. A LOT of guys are asking about this, but there isn’t much work out there. Cole is one of the few docs out there that is doing this work on a regular basis, with incredible results. I’ve talked to several patients who decided to do this, and they feel like they grew wings when they got the repair done, and that actually makes me feel great. I’ve actually contacted Shapiro’s office for repair, and when he saw my donor scars and my repair issues, they pretty much went silent and didn’t get back to me. And I don’t hold it against them at all. I like his work. I’ve recommended his work. Not all docs have the tools to deal with tough repair cases though, and each doctor has strengths and weaknesses.

Now speaking of helping patients..I am a patient who was lied to by hair transplant salesmen. I have tried to help others be wary of the industry, and I feel an affinity for guys like me who need to get quality repair work and get their lives back. You are happy with your hair transplants, so you would know nothing about this. I have made ZERO money doing what I do, and have spent countless hours emailing patients and docs trying to get info for myself and others because I am part of a community of repair patients. Ever heard of a support group? Well, these forums are exactly that for a lot of repair patients like us, who don’t have social lives because we’ve been scarred. Once again, you are not one, so I wouldn’t expect you to understand.

Ever heard of DJ? I think you accused him of the same thing you’re accusing me of. Well, he helped me too. He listed a few docs that he trusted. Cole was one of the docs, but Cole was not the only Doctor he mentioned. Of course, you would accuse him of shilling for Cole, but that’s what you’ve done with a few Cole repair patients. Classy move bro. And right after you left IHTI you go and work for other docs and the Cole bashing starts. When I’m helping others it’s called paying it forward, the same way DJ helped me. If you really want to understand human behavior, check out a user named killswitch on hlh. He decided he wasn’t going to get any more hair transplant work, that he just wanted his bad plugs removed and wants to go bald. He got them removed from Cole. He’s done w/ hair transplant work. He’s on the other site telling young kids to be careful about getting hair transplants, and helping others. Why is he doing this? He’s getting no financial gain from it. There are people out there like us, but you assume we have ulterior motives. Oh well. Good thing is it’s very easy to defend these attacks, albeit a bit time consuming. There are many differences between us. The main ones are I have been damaged by bad hair transplant work, and I haven’t collected a red cent for posting on these forums, nor do I intend to.

hair transplants have ruined my life in a lot of ways. It makes me feel good to help others avoid my fate. I am done proving myself here. At least now people know where you are coming from. Do the right thing and bow out from this thread. You are burying yourself here. You will gain nothing more by continuing to accuse repair patients of trying to get free work. But we can keep going if you like, doesn’t bother me at all. In some ways it’s a blessing in disguise.

G

DaveOne, you are a good person. As someone who spends a lot of time on here myself, encouraging newbies with various medical treatments like propecia, avodart and minoxidil, i have actually been accused of shilling for Merck, Glaxo, and Pfizer on different occasions. I spend hundreds of hours of time trying to help people save their hair and that's what I get in return. Ridiculous, I know. But it helps me relate to what you are having to do in this thread. I see you as an honest person who is being unfairly maligned. I agree with techprof and encourage you to keep posting on here and do not let people drive you away. You have good insights to offer to future hair transplant seekers on this forum. I encourage you to post on the non-hair transplant forums on here as well. Your insight would be greatly appreciated I am sure.

There is another poster on here, like killswitch. His name is michael barry. I think he had a bad hair transplant awhile ago, too. But he still spends hours and hours on here helping newbies and everyone with their hair loss troubles and warning them about bad hair transplant practices and hair transplant's in general. Bryan is another example. He uses Dr Proctor's products off and on, and I would say that he is an advanced crown thinner. But he too dedicates hours of his time for no other benefit but the satisfaction of helping people. This site is a community of knowledge and we need all the help we can get in adding to that pool of knowledge. So, please, from this Senior poster, stick around.

JayMan

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
gillenator said:

I have seen it scores of times. What happens is that these implants come on and promote the doctor of their choice, maybe six months to a year before their procedure, right Daveone?

This is turning sad Gillenator. How many times can you be wrong in one day? My surgery with Cole was in April, and I joined my first forum hlh in March 06. Oops. Feel free to read my posts before my surgery. Keep trying though. All you had to do was look, but you assumed. Do you wish to keep attacking me?

gillenator said:
They then tell their doctor of choice how much they have persuaded other newbies to come their way. They get their free grafts because their Doctor feels they have earned it.

Gillenator. Wow man, you are really burying yourself here. I didn't think it would be this easy for me to prove who you really are. I must have hit a nerve. GO to hlh, I've been regularly posting since my procedure, before I even knew how it was going to turn out. I joined in March 06, and for the last 6 months I've been regularly posting, offering advice, helping others, talking them out of hair transplants, telling them about my experiences,etc. I've been totally open about all aspects of my procedure. It's been therapeutic for me to post. Please, tap out while you are down!

gillenator said:

Once again, you should check who you're dealing w/ before you make assumptions about them. Unfortunatley for you, I did my research on you. Predictably, you reacted with more attacks and lies. I have been burned by hair transplant salesman one too many times. I think we are truly done here. You should have thought before attacking me.

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Jayman,

Cheers bro. That's very cool and I really appreciate that. And the thing is, as crazy as a thread like this is, as you know it can serve a purpose. Over time in the course of an argument, a person's personality comes out, like it or not. I am an honest person, and I've been helped by and I've helped many....but when someone attacks my integrity, esp someone who is not honest, I get upset. You know what I mean. We are not making money here, but people in the industry who don't like what you have to say bring out the classic accusation that your are vyeing for financial gain. It's one of the most frustrating things that can happen.

So, in a way, I think it can be benificial if it serves to weed out the bad seeds. That is worth it to me. In fact, this forum seemed to be one of the more shill free forums out there until recently. I knew gillenator was in here, but I stayed away from him until he made the wrong move of attacking me. I won't stand for that bs. But I feel I've proven myself at this point. And even if I get attacked again, I feel I've exposed enough of the crap to the point where people know what the real deal is.

G

Who are you trying to bull Daveone. Again, just like other angry radicals, you can't give ONE specific example of any specific thread on any forum of your accusations. You just ramble on with bull. Anyone can see that. Not one specific example with facts, just hot air.

Want some facts? This Cole cheerleader, and obviously there's more than one here, been around for years as he states himself. Then suddenly, OUT OF NOWHERE, appears Daveone joining this forum just several months ago. Look at the date he joined. Why did he not join this forum way back when he was promoting Cole on the other forums? I'll tell you why.

This forum is not a FUE based forum. IMO, Cole has never took this forum seriously. That's why he pays THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of BIG BUCKS to the other two major forums that talk and promote FUE and the FUE doctors. What Daveone and the other cheerleaders are not disclosing to you is that is exactly where Cole wanted himself promoted, in the FUE forums where he can get his high price from FUE clients. IMO, it became OBVIOUS that Cole did not want to do strip, he wants to do FUE or he would not advertise thousands of bucks and have himself promoted so aggressively in those other two foums where the buzz is FUE! DUH!! Read between the lines folks.

And that's no attack on Dr. Cole whatsoever. It's simply the facts. They can be verified. All you have to do is look at those two sites and read it for yourself. He is one of the few BIG financial sponsors of those sites and he is obviously promoted aggressively because of it. I don't have any problem with any Doctor paying to advertise at a hairloss site. I DO HAVE A PROBLEM HOWEVER WITH COVERT POSTERS EARNING FREE GRAFTS THOUGH!

Back to Daveone. So now Daveone wants more work done. HERE'S WHERE THIS GETS GOOD! Remember when I said read between the lines? Cole and a few others had it pretty darn good the past several years because they HAD THE MARKET on FUE in the US. They were getting tons of NEW patients from these FUE based forums. BUT NOW present day there are far more talented docs doing both strip and FUE, AND there's more "viable" cpmpetition so things aren't coming as easy for these FUE docs anymore. They have to start "selling" themselves all over again. WHY DO YOU THINK COLE STARTED DOING STRIP AGAIN recently which Daveone also just verified? Why would he start doing strip at half the cost of what he gets for FUE? BECAUSE THINGS ARE MORE COMPETTIVE AGAIN AND HE DOES NOT HAVE THE ADVANTAGE IN THE MARKET THAT HE WAS SPOILED ON. DUH!! :roll:

But that in itself is not saying Cole is a bad guy just because the FUE market got more talented competition in the past several years. AND I"M NOT ATTACKING COLE FOR THAT EITHER! That's not his fault. It's just life facts. More docs doing FUE and now there's more options for patients.

BUT THAT'S MY LARGER POINT IN ALL OF THIS. The more talent that arises, the more options for the patients PLUS DON"T FORGET. the added competition has to start bringing the prices down which this good competition is just beginning to do. THAT'S GOOD FOR PATIENTS! Promoting ONE Doctor is not good for patients! BTW, Dave wants you all to believe that I refer to only a couple of docs, when IN FACT research my posts and you'll see that I refer to approximately 40 of them. Go back and read my comment about Shapiro. If someone asks my opinion of course I am going to say they are in good hands SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE. That's a fact you can't dispute. But anyone can see that I did not go into a five page campain promotion like you are doing with ONE doctor. You ain't foolin anyone Davie. The facts are quite evident.

But now that the good FUE competition is more obvious, you decide to come here because you wore out your campaining at the other forums. In other words Davie came to what he thinks is "fertile soil" where he can earn LOTS of free FUE grafts. Like I said he "recently" joined this forum where Cole was not really known, certainly not like the other FUE forums. And Cole does not have to pay the enormous big advertising bucks here like he's been doing at the other two major foums. So believe me, Daveone did not recently join this forum by mistake. Read between the lines. Of course he's going to make his intro here as Mr. nice guy. He has to. If he came here immediately promoting Cole, he would have been skinned and run out of here. But take note that after just a few months he starts writing two page promotions for him. Something you have NEVER see me do EVER. Give me the specific thread and date, c'mon Davie, you CLEARLY and INTENTLY dodged that question in my last post. Don't you think everyone can see you don't give specific factual examples? Gillenator is this and that. No verified facts.

And speaking of facts, I am going to clear the air. The fact is, I have nothing personal against Cole. They want you to believe I was a disgruntled employee. There's nothing else these cheerleaders CAN say. They are groping for anything they can possibly say! I have never made any personal attacks on Dr. Cole, only stated facts as they are. Two docs and half a dozen employees don't all leave an employer at the same time for bull reasons. :roll: So like I said either we all are bull or maybe "there really is a problem with Cole". The truth of the matter is I and all of the others WERE GLAD TO LEAVE!! And I could not be happier!!! :D

And one last thing. The truth is I do wish I could feel confident in recommending Cole. I truly honestly don't hate him or anybody for that matter. The truth whether his cheerleaders believe me or not is, I pity him! That's why I get such a laugh when I am accused of hating him. :D So to make this VERY CLEAR, I don't have anything personal against Dr. Cole, I JUST DON'T TRUST HIM, PERIOD. There's nothing more than I would LOVE to see is for him to make a complete turnaround in his behind the scenes behavior and how he treats people. Of course anyone is going to watch their P's and Q's in front of patients. DUH!!

Trust me folks. If I ever start hearing through verification that he has turned a new leaf, when I see that everytime someone answers the IHTI phone it's not someone new because the last one walked out on him, I'll be the very first one to stand up and applaud Dr. Cole! Even Dr. Cole knows that. And that's NO BULL! :wink:

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, butchered patients tend to be radical and skeptical of people in the industry, this is true.
Ok, well just to bore the sh#t out of people who can't already tell that you are a chameleon, here's some "hot air" for ya, since you insist:

This is a really interesting post. Lots of good stuff in here. I'll let people read it for themselves if they care. Suffice it to say you "outed" a patient's financial information w/ out his consent, and were warned several times by the mod to openly disclose who was paying you for your efforts. Even jotronic jumped in to comment about your bad behavior. Note that you opened the can of worms on this occasion as well. You had recently left Cole, and started to "covertly" warn people not to go there. In the professional world this is a big no-no in my book. A patient forum is no place for a former employee to air grievances. If you don't understand think this is unethical, then what is? Other patients don't have access to financial information. You did at the time. This is a big problem. The mod warned you about that too.
may 05 2004
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... TARTPAGE=3

A day later you recommend Cole for surgery, after telling people in the above post from a day earlier that they shouldn't go there. Hmmm.That's a little irresponsible, isn't it? To warn people about going there, then recommend that they go there at the same time?
May 06, 2004
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... SGDBTABLE=

Discussion of your transplant w/ cole..no mention of shapiro (yet you give him credit all the time now), who did your first hair transplant. Why do I include this? Because since you've left Cole I can't remember you ever giving him credit for your surgery with him (a few random posts here and there from a few years ago), which judging by the pic looks pretty good. That's pretty deceptive to me, wouldn't you say? As much as you post, how many people actually know this? You're an hair transplant consultant, but deceptive about where you got your work done?

Here's a post where you recommend him for surgery again. How can you do that in good conscience, when you said before that he has a temper, and his O.R. is a revolving door of docs? Certainly you shouldn't recommend him then, right? Truth is, no one does the kind of repair work he does, and you knew it.

Here's a chance for you to answer something. At some point in mid/late 2004, a doctor from India starts coming on the forums out of nowhere, promoting his clinic. There were also a bunch of newbies coming online and talking about the clinic. A lot of controversy surrounded this, as he had no reputation at all, and his website actually showed documents "lifted" from the publications of other docs such as Bernstein, without giving them any credit at all. Not only that, but there were pics from other docs on his site, but the credit was given to him. It was clear that people marketing his clinic were trying to bombard the forums w/ hype.

Meanwhile, if you look at your posts in mid/late 2004 over at hairlosshelp, you list Dr. A as a sponsor. Wisely, the mod over there put a stop to the posters trying to spam the forum w/ promotions for this Doctor w/ no reputation to speak of.

Question: How could you sponsor a doctor that had absolutely no proven results to show, and how could you represent a doctor that was plagiarizing from other docs to try and get his foot in the door? Who knows, maybe you were plagiarizing for him. Funny thing is, I never read anything from you mentioning that he paid you to campaign for him. No mention whatsoever. But he was listed as a conributing physician in your signature in another forum? This is really unethical behavior man. Oh, and you go on one forum warning people about Cole's price slashing (a familiar argument of yours), then go on another forum telling people that Dr. A does Park avenue work at Walmart prices or something like that. Oh boy. That's seems really contradictory and haphazard. And I've seen his hairlines, and they certainly aren't "Park Avenue." Can't imagine jotronic being that flippant. But he was a repair patient, so he has much more empathy for people who have been damaged by hair transplants.
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php ... 7317&page=

Here's a post where Dr Rose had to mention that he was working with you, because you failed to do it, as you have failed to on several occasions:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... TARTPAGE=2

The point to be made here is you're like a bouncing ball, bouncing from one clinic to the next trying to pick up cash along the way, and being deceptive about where you get your money from or who you are promoting at any given time. Who can trust a word you say?

As far as my posting here, i started doing heavy reaserch last year. googling about repair, then I learned about FUE. I probably hit tons of sites. I started off looking at Bernstein, then found a forum or two. Then saw Cole's work, and started googling Cole and found hlh and hairsite, and just searched through as many threads as I could. I didn't see much out there on repair, so I just stuck with those sites as they really seemed to apply to my case. I came across Arfy's home page, and he talked about Cole Bernstein and Woods, so I looked for forums talking about them. In fact, I remember seeing Jotronic's home page somewhere and that led to hlh as well. If you would like, I can show the first email I sent to IHTI. It was sent early this year. This site just didn't have that much info related to me. When I joined a few months ago, I started to see more stuff about fue and repair, so I joined.
In fact, I think my first post was to respond to youngndumb.

And you make it seem like I'm conniving, when in fact my posting history is of a casual poster at best. At hlh where I do most of my posting, I've posted about 200+ times over 8 months or so. That's about 5-7 a week..hardly prolific. I usually post in spurts, when I have time, when things catch my eye. Same with this forum, I saw for the first time a few months ago, read a few posts, moved on, then came back a few days later and was in the mood to join and post so I did. Like I said, I had 25 or so posts before this thread in 4 months, so I'm not working very hard to get those free grafts am I? And hlh is a balanced forum. H&W sponsor there as well as Armani, Rahal, Feller, Wolf. The posts are a mix between the strip and fue camps. Hairsite is more pro FUE, but that site is insane with unchecked posting, so I don't post there as much.

Actually, the reason I like HLH the most is because the mod will not allow people to post praises of docs if those docs have no work to show. Why don't you post anymore over there?

I also must address your false claim against me about my posting history on other sites, that I joined the forums and pushed Cole 6 months to a year before my procedure in order to obtain a discount.

Truth: I joined hairlosshelp and hairsite in march 06, a month before my procedure. Check the other forums..those are the only two forums where I posted regularly before my repair work w/ Cole. If you want to look through my posting history there before my procedure, feel free. Once again, you probably wont, and will just continue w/ false allegations, so here's the data: At hairsite, I posted 7 times before my Apr 19th surgery w/ Cole. Posts: 7, Docs mentioned: Cole:2 Wolf:1....At hairlosshelp, which is the first forum I joined in March 06, I posted approx 11 times before Apr 16, and the following docs were mentioned in those posts in either a positive or neutral fashion:posts: 11, Docs mentioned:Cole: 3 Wolf: 3 H&W: 2 Bernstein: 1

Then, I started a thread 3 days before my surgery (I had surgery on Apr 19th) to let people know I was going in w/ Cole, to share my experience, to answer questions, get advice from others, etc. You know, a typical "I'm going in for surgery in three days..last minute advice" post. Then I've been posting there and other places ever since, commenting on my procedure and my progress out in the open, WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT THE OUTCOME WOULD BE.

Seriously, how can you say with my posting history that I was trying to get a discount on my surgery? How???? Oh but wait, that didn't stick as an argument for you, so now you're changing it?

Some guys like me have been hiding under ballcaps for 10 years or more. You never account for human emotion on your posts. You do not understan the psychology of the repair patient. The time spent alone, thinking that our lives have been ruined forever. It took a lot of courage for us to post our experience online, and while I researched my *** off for a few months before I posted, you make blanket statements about my intentions. I've done my research and you never took into account that I might be that diligent. I'm here writing this post to defend my integrity, because that's all I have. Certainly don't have a socail life. There are posts on forums that go back to 5-6 years. I've read through all of them that pertained to my interests. I started doing this heavily towards the end of last year, and it took me awhile to get to the point where I could post and tell my story and reach out to others. But you make accusations that I'm underhanded. That tells me volumes about you. We need help, we go to the Doctor with the most ability to help us, we try to help others, you attack us.

If IHTI is reading this, I would love it if they could come out and say publicly that I'm not participating in any referral plan with them, and to this day, I've never in PMs or emails or any other medium told anyone going to IHTI to mention my name to them when they go. Never. Not once. And IHTI never suggested to me that I would get financial help if I recommended people to the clinic. Maybe that's how you dealt with repair patients while you were there, dangling free surgery over their heads if they "pimped" the clinic. Once again, you assume that other people are corrupt because you are, but that was your first mistake when dealing with me. I have nothing to hide whatsoever.

LIKE I SAID, I think there are 3 docs who have shown truly consistent prolific results with awesome hairlines, and those 3 are Shapiro (your fav), H&W, and Cole. I've recommended all 3. There are up-and-comers, but if a newbie comes into a forum looking for FUE, I'm certainly not going to recommend him to a Doctor w/ limited results. Would you? I guess that depends, eh? $$$$$

So, I listed plenty of instances wherein you contradict yourself and show your true colors. I can do more if I need to. At this point, I'm only defending myself, and I'm not in the industry so I don't have to make people *think* I'm genuine.

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
And Gillenator..see what you are doing, calling me "Davie," reverting to schoolyard tactics to try and illicit some sort of visceral response from me? It's embarassing, and you keep readjusting your points in every post to try and accuse me of the same thing. So now, you're taunting me w/ "davie" remarks and telling me I'm trying to get free grafts. That's it? You're making yourself look like a child here...and you are supposed to be the professional.

In the end, I've shown that you initiated an anti-Cole campaign soon after you left. No one else. You. The posts are above, people can read them and formulate their own opinion. And you engaged in seriosuly questionable behavior.

I read through these forms like crazy looking for legit complaints against Cole. Trust me, I didn't want to get screwed again, and I wanted to find the best surgical talent for my needs. And this is where you are being dishonest again, because you know Cole's surgical talent is world-class, but you try and say that doctors out there are much better than him? Who exactly are these wonderdocs? I searched and searched, and the only thing I could find was grief between you (an ex-employee) and a couple of Cole repair patients that you attacked. Not one legit post with pics and feedback saying anything negative about the clinic or Cole's staff. Go to hlh..the mod over there lets all kinds of legit patient complaints get aired against his sponsors, as long as they are substantiated w/ pics and facts.

So where are they? Not one. Just two threads about growth that I mentioned in another thread here. It is just you out on the ledge here. You have to understand something here- I've worked for several companies, and I'm sure if clients saw what went on behind the scenes they'd be shocked. Bosses and employees getting heated and losing their tempers behind the scenes all the time. People are people. But when it came time to deliver, the clients were met with professionalism and courtesy, and were treated well and fairly. Cole is watching his Ps and Qs in front of the patients? Great! He's in front of them 8-12 hours a day, so if he's acting professionally in front of them and handling his shi#t, then what's your point?

When I got my first hair transplant, the front office at the NuHart chain clinic was great..they made me feel like they really cared, and then the Doctor fu##ed my head up royally. The reason I like Cole is because I need results, and he has the type of personality I like- he is a perfectionist. That's different than caring about the patient for the hell of it. Don't get me wrong, he cares, but he cares about doing good work the most. For example, when I'm at work, I don't think about the clients. I want my work to be perfect because of my own ego; I refuse to put anything bad out there with my name on it..it is a selfish drive, but the client benefits from it, so is that a good or a bad thing? The work is the most important thing here, let's not mistake that. If the quality of a clinic's work is being compromised because of a Doctor's bad temper, let's see the evidence from the patients. You've been saying this for years, but there is nothing on the boards to back up your story, so let's put a cap on it.

You're speaking from the wrong perspective here..patients only care about how they are treated, and whether or not they are getting results, and at the price they were promised. You're making blanket statements about things that no one else has supported, not one patient has backed up your claims. And that's been my experience in speaking to patients from there. They were treated well, the surgery team was top notch, and their results were as natural as you can get. This is why your issue with him seems to be personal, and that's ok, but really no one cares, because this forum and others should really be for patients to tell their experiences. That's why I have a problem- I'm a patient, a repair patient, and you are not. Well you are a patient who is deceptive about where you got some of your best work done. So who should be offering advice? You? Or me? I'm going to trust what scores of patients have said over someone in the industry. Sorry.

And remember, these long posts from me only started when I was questioned. Why are your posts so long against him and against me? History is repeating itself here. Why haven't you attacked other people in here who promote their docs so heavily? CCS- a poster I actually like- has about 3000 posts here since June, and has mentioned Keene how many times? A LOT. Is he trying to get free work? Why have you never said this? You should just keep your posts short and just say I'm trying to get free grafts and that's it, because at the end of the day that is the only argument you have made, and you have backed it up with utter nonsense. I am a patient and I've talked about my Doctor and others, just the way I should be able to do in a patient forum. You have a personal beef with him, send him a letter.

I know you will respond to this because you depend on creating the illusion of legitimacy. You can't just let this go. You'll have to try and do some sort of damage control, as you're career in the hair transplant industry depends on your ability to garner trust. Best of luck. I'm going to try and move and do something a little more useful with my time.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dave,

I appreciate your posts here and on HLH. I think the accusations that Gillenator made towrds you and Dr Cole are ridiculous and he is only further damaging his reputation. His story is old and well documented on HLH. To think this guy prides himself as a Hairloss advocate is totally absurd. The one fundamental thing he should know but fails to understand is you dont hang out a DRs dirty laundry or in his case his former employer's housekeeping on a public forum and expect to be respected. I would move on. He is on every forum and makes waves from time to time. You wont win any medals for this. You won before the battle began.

balloonman

Reaction score
Looking Good: I am not here to pick sides in this fight as both guys are big boys and can defend themselves.

However, I disagree about not hanging out your employers dirty laundry on a public forum. I think posts like his, regardless of who the Dr is, helps us all a great deal in understanding the real motives of the Dr and his personality behind closed doors. That is something that no photo or patient interview will reveal.

If that is your deciding factor in lending credibility to a poster then I disagree. In my opinion, his detailed experience and discussion of Dr Coles behavior adds a great deal to his credibility, not detract from it.

Has anyone ever questioned the facts of the stories? No, not that I am aware of so, if by telling the truth you lose credibility then I am not in agreement with you. You may not like the content or the motives behind the stories but, the facts contained within them is accurate and credible in my opinion.

Guess it's a diffeerence of opinion.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
balloonman said:
Looking Good: I am not here to pick sides in this fight as both guys are big boys and can defend themselves.

However, I disagree about not hanging out your employers dirty laundry on a public forum. I think posts like his, regardless of who the Dr is, helps us all a great deal in understanding the real motives of the Dr and his personality behind closed doors. That is something that no photo or patient interview will reveal.

If that is your deciding factor in lending credibility to a poster then I disagree. In my opinion, his detailed experience and discussion of Dr Coles behavior adds a great deal to his credibility, not detract from it.

Has anyone ever questioned the facts of the stories? No, not that I am aware of so, if by telling the truth you lose credibility then I am not in agreement with you. You may not like the content or the motives behind the stories but, the facts contained within them is accurate and credible in my opinion.

Guess it's a diffeerence of opinion.

Balloon, I dont have an agenda to pick fights either...let's not lose track of that, however you are wrong about Gillen's public display of Dr Cole's behavior in the office from his personal employee perspective. Who the f*** cares if he yelled at Steve Gillen in the work place or made him stay late or didnt give him a great raise or the turnover rate? What's the turnover rate of techs in other clinics??? Who cares? It's not a great job to begin with but I can Tell you that Tom, Nelson and Dr Mwamba and DR Bridges make that clinic outside of John Cole and have been there for yrs and they are the tops there so who cares about a few stragglers? Who cares if most successful people and leaders in the world are demanding and it's that intensity that makes them successful not about how he treated his employees on particular personal instances. Does Donald Trump ,Mark Cuban, George Steinbrenner, Lee IOCOCCA, Rudy Guiliani, James Cameron apply here too?? WHAT THE HELL does that have to do with his ability to produce great hair transplants and help thousands of young men with with hair disorders?? DaveONe and myself are 2 examples of patients that are benefiting from his skill so far. If Gillen wants to talk about Dr Cole in a trashy, "enquireresque" way or fight with Dave one then put it in a separate thread called: " My personal employee experience with Dr Cole" or "MY hard-on for DaveONe." He is "trolling" from the original content and was totally selfish by doing so b/c the poster wanted to learn more about poster's experiences with DR Cole from a hair transplant perspective, mind you which is what we are here for, and not this distracting garbage that he posts or his personal hard on for Dave one who in my mind is a standup poster. IMO he did not contribute to the thread at all. We dont have enough Daveone's on these forums and unfortunatley too many Gillenators with hidden agendas.
How about you?? You trash Dr Cole after one meeting/consult then have the nerve to speak about punch sizes which is something many clinics do as a marketing ploy to detract others business?? You know nothing about the technicalities involved with different punch sizes (nor do I) just what you read on HLH and HairLossTalk.com??? No one is credible enough on these forums to speak objectively about punch sizes except the surgeons. I saw the BS on HLH and luckily Dr Feller and COle chimed in to correct the posters. Do a search there with Peter Mac/Thefittest and you will find it. The problem here is MDs dont post here. If you didnt like your consult with the doctor then move on, you're not helping anyone with this type of approach. Anyone would agree with that.
Neither one of you are credible b/c personal attacks on an MD should not be prerequisites for a recommendation to any MD. If you want to help a poster/newbie select an MD all you can say to them is go for a consult and judge for yourself, see the hair transplants in person. Go to a few Docs, keep researching not take the side of a known non-credible self proclaimed hair transplant advocate who has no clue how to conduct himself from a professional level. IMHO Gillenator sunk to an all time low with these attacks. To accuse someone of being a schill for free grafts is the most immature thing one could say here and then go on with these long winded posts. It's obvious he has a hidden agenda for DaveOne and DR Cole. It is the most gratuituous thing anyone could say when picking a fight on these boards. He will never reach Spencer Kobren status. That's all I have to say about that.

BTW how is what Gillen said a fact?? How is it deemed credible?? You are niave.
Best of luck to you,
LG

balloonman

Reaction score
Lookinggood., now you've gone and opened up pandoras box with me. You know very little about my interaction with Dr Cole but, since you feel compelled to drag me into this discussion, I will oblige.

My consult with Dr Cole was way back before he even had a name for his CIT/FUE procedure. It was even before he had discussions with Dr Woods in an effort to pick his brains and learn his tricks. I met Cole in a makeshift Dr's office in NYC where he "borrowed" another hair transplant Dr's offices just to do consults. I went in with a friend of mine, a fairly well known actor, and after the consult we booked him for one straight week in Atlanta at a price I cannot recall per graft.

Fast forward to one week before surgery when we get a call indicating that our dates were double booked and we were cancelled. When we asked to reschedule we were told that Dr Coles prices had gone up and no longer could we get FUE work at the promised and agreed upon rates.

Can you say scumbag?

We asked to speak to the person we had been talking to all along, I think her name was Sherry but, alas she no longer worked for Dr Cole..so sorry. To make matters even more dispicable, when we called out of the blue to book a day in our reservation slot, we were told that they were open at a much higher price point due to a last minute cancellation. That my friend is a greedy piece of sh*t to me, but I dont really discuss that much because guys like you tell me I have an axe to grind.

Another funny story was after a few days of slamming Cole on HLH for his prices, ethics, scarring, behavior, attitude, intelligence/ignorance and overall jerk off personality, I got a call from someone in his office telling me that if I didnt stop immediately that I woudl be sued. I asked the guy on the phone if he had a pen and he said why? I proceeded to give him my full name and home address where he could serve me legal papers because my dream in life would be to counter sue his *** and subpoena reputable Drs, ex patients and former employees who would rip coles *** hole right out of his anus on the witness stand.

Needless to say he never sued and I never stopped. He never will sue and I never will stop.

Hope that helps and thanks for opening balloonmans box.

As far as punch size goes, you put alot of weight into Drs opinions and to be honest with you, 99% of them dont know a G-D damn thing and follow textbooks and online research papers in doing surgery. I can tell you that I know as much about punch sizes and their limitations as any Dr performing the surgery. I study it, I have performed it on a limited basis on a friend of mine, I have had 10 different punch sizes used on me and 6 different drs. I have had over 15,000 FUE extractions performed on my own person and I could give a rats *** what Cole or anyone else says about scarring. I know what a 1mm punch does and I know what a .75mm punch does to a donor, clearly Cole who is a Dr does not.

"You know nothing about the technicalities involved with different punch sizes (nor do I) just what you read on HLH and HairLossTalk.com??? No one is credible enough on these forums to speak objectively about punch sizes except the surgeons."

And that shows you how little you know about any of this stuff. I AM THE ONE WHO WRITES THE THINGS YOU READ ON HLH, I dont read it I write it. Is Dr Bazan a credible Dr who claims to have hair multiplication and no FUE results? Or pehaps Dr Feller who feels that BH is a joke and has no yield? maybe Dr Umar, a dermatologist, who claims to be the foremost BH Dr with no appreciable results to speak of?

Who is reputable? I put as much weight into a Drs words as any other poster. In fact, I put more weight in the posters who have been through it all and have stories to tell then ANY Dr who is self serving and posting for the sole reason of getting his name out and drumming up more business.

In a nutshell, Cole is a greedy, ignorant, lying sone of a b**ch, and I got about a dozen others who KNOW HIM who agree with me.

G

Balloonman,

First, let me say that I have never had a hair transplant, nor have I ever worked for a hair transplant surgeon in any capacity. So my integrity on this matter is unquestionable and I am totally unbiased.

You should tread very carefully when you are making comments about Dr. Cole on this forum. I do not know the man personally but I do know that we have laws in the United States regarding libel, slander, and defamation of character, and Dr. Cole could sue you at any time for damaging his reputation with unproven assertions and claims about his character. You may say that he won't sue you but there's always the possibility and you would probably lose

I also find it interesting that all 12 posts of yours on this forum have been concerning Dr. Cole. Are you planning on contributing anything else to the forum besides petty insults and this Cole obsession?

G

Balloonman,

Don't let these guys get to you cause they sure dont' bother me. They have their hidden free graft agendas and we can have our opinions. And stating facts like continual employee turnover is not slander or an attack. IT's just the facts as they are. Anyone can verify what I am saying and that's why no one can challenge what I am stating here. It's an advocate warning others to PAY ATTENTION TO OBVIOUS BAD SIGNS REGARDING ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. They don't see that we did not make Cole the issue, THEY DID. All I ever did and ever will question is THE BEHAVIOR. And FYI, Dr Cole "never" yelled at me. We never had any scenes either as much as these guys want to paint BULL. I just DID NOT like nor respect the way he treated the other doctors and employees and I am entitled to that opinion.

And for the record, I never worked in the Atlanta office for Cole! I was always 100% based here, something which you didn't know and which ALSO just proves further their propoganda to work this particular forum for Cole. I think they must both have surgeries coming up or else why would they go WAY OUT OF THEIR WAY to write endless pages of campaining and then all of the anger? Obviously they are both extremely angry because we caught them with their hands in the free graft cookie jar which is my opinion for the record. Just go back and read my first post on this thread when I originally questoned his motive for his campaining on this forum AND BOTH OF THEM JUMP IN AND GO OFF THE DEEP END. They both took it hook line and sinker and you hung yourselves out. All I did was accomodate and assist you in exposing your guilt.

BTW, calling you Davie was not cynical on my part or I would have called you something alot worse however I would never bring myself down to your degrading level. I was just trying to lighten up your obvious explosive and out of control behavior but you can't see through all of the steam. Name calling? Anyone reading your slanderous anger can see it's your own slander and what a fool you are making of yourself including your disciple here.

We need more Ballonmans to speak up when this type of covert posting activity goes on. Thanks buddy for having the intelligence and experience to see through it. And of course for the courage to speak up when corruption surfaces. I commend you for that. E-mail me sometime and take care bud! :wink:

G

Gillenator, give me a break.

I don't have a free graft agenda. You can search my posts on here, I've made maybe 5 mentions of hair doctors on here, if that, in almost 3000 posts. The fact remains that balloonman joined just last week and all 12 of his posts are about Cole.

G

Jayman, I was not referring to you. Balloonman has the guts to speak up on a doctor with a long term questionable reputation which is his and my opinion. If you do enough research including other forums like the HTN, many, many in the hairloss community have the same opinions based on events and facts, not bull. Just do a search on his name and read EVERYTHING.

G

Well then why don't you please address the points in my post above, Gillenator?

Status
Not open for further replies.