Dr. Bernstein before and after photos

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since Dr Bernstein has asbolutely nothing to gain by promoting minoxidil or finasteride, I cannot imagine for the life of me why he would put fake 'after' pics up using guys with toppik etc. Those are undeniably good results from finasteride/minoxidil and in my opinion, probably typical. You people act as if the miniscule sample of people on hair loss forums accurately represent the actual population of people on treatments---that couldn't be farther from the truth. Clinical studies show regrowth in both finasteride and minoxidil users and the combination of the two generally kicks ***.

The negativity on this forum sucks. The above poster's got it right---paranoia runs rampant here. It's amazing.

i agree

in fact dr. bernstein is a hair transplant doctor

showing how good treatments are would HURT his business, i.e. more people are using treatments to get hair back instead of getting a hair transplant

but this is common sense/reason

something that is very scarce in this forum :innocent:

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure those are "typical" results. That's why your average 'big 3' user on here experiences them...

I still stand by my opinion that if those are "kick ***" results, then it shows how much current hair loss meds suck. For whatever reason, the after pics clearly have hair styled in a way to conceal hair loss as much as possible while the before pics don't.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, why would a transplant doctor post these? Wouldn't he make more cash by selling more hair transplant.

wellwellwell

Reaction score
Since Dr Bernstein has asbolutely nothing to gain by promoting minoxidil or finasteride

You guys a bit on the slow side? He has absolutely everything to gain... he sells and treats with the medical products as well. As with any company that sells a product, you market it to make money. He's doing a terrific job with his marketing.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I'm not sure why the skepticism on the pictures. Obviously they are going to post the best responses to medication but I have seen some amazing results from the big 3 combination. It all depends how aggressive your condition is, how long you have been balding, how much you have already lost, are you trying to regrow hair on bald skin or merely retain what you have? These are all very important for results and expectations.

It can take 12-18 months to see the best results you will have over the duration and after that is mostly going to be maintenance. It's important not to have unrealistic expectations but knowing you are using the best (for the most part) that is available to combat male pattern baldness is reassuring. Especially since the big 3 is now very convenient and inexpensive compared to years past when I began my research in my early 20's.

Honestly, don't get too up or down on the pics you see for your own expectations as this really means nothing in terms how you will respond to treatment.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
There have been better results posted on this very forum. So stating this is made up so he can sell scripts for finasteride... Right. He is a transplant doctor. Meaning that 95% of his cash comes from performing the transplants. He posted the results online, meaning that most vistors will get a script from a local doctor and wait for regrowth. Meaning that they will halt talheir transplant for a year plus. That's money out of his pocket.

Also how would he profit from Regaine? The store you buy it makes the money. You guys are some paranoid people.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with kirby as well. plus they say catch it early. most of the people on that website have advanced balding in the before pics, and in the fater pics so much different. complete b.s and crap. lol toppik, and combovers.

some of you who don't understand why I am using castration as an exmaple to prove its b.s, I will state it again. finasteride brings down dht to only 70% give or take, but testosterone is the same or a little higer even on finasteride. castration eliminates testosterone by 95%. since there is very little of testosterone, dht levels are bascially negligible. As the doctor who was examining on the twins back in the day, he determinied that castraion only prevents hairloss when its done before puberty, if its done after puberty(once hairloss has started), then castration will not stop hairloss, or reverse anything at all. So what makes you guys think that finasteride can stop hairloss and even reverse hairloss like the ones in the pics? castration can't even do it, and yet these meds can? LOL. so much b.s out there. its all about $ in the hairloss business. on finasteride a person still has 30% dht left. at the end of the day dht is still dht wether its from alpha1 or alpha 2 reducatse. So again in conclusion, a powerful extreme method like castration doesn't do jack **** once hairloss starts, then things like minoxidil will? lol
If its all bs what are you doing here? You missed getting castrated before puberty so youre doomed anyway?

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
As I don't post here often you might not believe me but I've been to Dr. Bernstein and he is as blunt and honest as they come. He tells most if not all of his patients to try finasteride/minoxidil first before getting a transplant. There are also plenty of other docs who have shown the same type of results.
Check out Dr. Maurice Collins from the Blackrock clinic he has a similar page;http://www.hairtransplantsurgery.ie/patient-area/gallery.html

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
As I don't post here often you might not believe me but I've been to Dr. Bernstein and he is as blunt and honest as they come. He tells most if not all of his patients to try finasteride/minoxidil first before getting a transplant. There are also plenty of other docs who have shown the same type of results.
Check out Dr. Maurice Collins from the Blackrock clinic he has a similar page;http://www.hairtransplantsurgery.ie/patient-area/gallery.html

Great link, thanks. Yes Dr. Bernstein has a very good reputation and I have heard similar stories. Honestly if someone thinks they put up photos of people wearing Toppik, I just think they are paranoid. Very simple, if you think finasteride+minoxidil don't do anything, then don't take them.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys a bit on the slow side? He has absolutely everything to gain... he sells and treats with the medical products as well. As with any company that sells a product, you market it to make money. He's doing a terrific job with his marketing.

I could understand if those pictures were captioned with "Dr. Bernstein's miracle hair growth formula" than a few eyebrows would be raised, BUT, it's finasteride and Min, you can get them anywhere, it's not as if someone sees the pictures on his site and, goes to New York and gets a prescription, you can get both medications in almost every part of the world. So your point is moot.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
It is very easy to see through this. Unfortunately the OP is very frustrated about his current status as can easily be seen in all his recent posts. He blames finasteride is not doing him well, on the contrary he loses more hair through finasteride is his reasoning. He understandably becomes very obsessed about it. Pictures like the ones on Bernstein's page can't be real, because it hasn't happened to him (yet). Unfortunately a lot of people are also immune to people reasoning to them to be more patient or showing them studies. Instead they walk around and are very vocal about how difficult things are and how ineffective treatments (all) are. The collateral damage of these actions is, that countless other men read this and become insecure or don't even bother to start meds, when they could have helped them.

It is very unfortunate, but the ones with the biggest problems are the loudest. This gives things a negative bias and a very aggressive tone on these forums. I wish the OP luck in restoring his hair and truly wish him success. Be patient, don't despair, try not to go crazy over it. Good luck.

wellwellwell

Reaction score
Meaning that 95% of his cash comes from performing the transplants.
Where do you come up with this number? I would imagine way more people are interested in taking medication rather than transplants.

You guys are surprisingly naive, I don't know what it is about hair loss forums but I always find the guys are extremely gullible.

Please just use your brain and look at the pictures carefully, there is no point in arguing what is obvious, and that is the results are not nearly as good as those pictures are showing... due to the styling / comb-overs / and hair length of the after pictures.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Where do you come up with this number? I would imagine way more people are interested in taking medication rather than transplants.

You guys are surprisingly naive, I don't know what it is about hair loss forums but I always find the guys are extremely gullible.

Please just use your brain and look at the pictures carefully, there is no point in arguing what is obvious, and that is the results are not nearly as good as those pictures are showing... due to the styling / comb-overs / and hair length of the after pictures.
I thought more people on this forum had logic. I guess not. He is a transplant doctor, why would he want to write a script for finasteride and not give you a transplants. Not to mention that all doctors can write script, while almost none can perform a hair transplant.

As for the length, styling actually comes into play. I agree. But what I said is these drugs are suppose to maintain. These people regrew and held it for years. How is that not impressive?

wellwellwell

Reaction score
His practice is hair restoration... he started out as a "hair transplant" doctor but I'm betting a large part of his profits now come from selling the various hair restoration products/medications... I'm pretty sure if I was him I'd prefer to make money the easy way (by doing nothing).

I already admitted there's some regrowth and they all seemed to maintain, yes that is impressive by itself... it would be a lot more enlightening if we could actually compare the hair without it being totally tampered with.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
His practice is hair restoration... he started out as a "hair transplant" doctor but I'm betting a large part of his profits now come from selling the various hair restoration products/medications... I'm pretty sure if I was him I'd prefer to make money the easy way (by doing nothing).

I already admitted there's some regrowth and they all seemed to maintain, yes that is impressive by itself... it would be a lot more enlightening if we could actually compare the hair without it being totally tampered with.
Are you listening to yourself. You are saying he sells Rogaine and Propecia. He isn't CVS and Merek. Does he get paid for people seeking his advice? Yes. But lets say I called you to replace my patio, was going to pay you 2,000 dollars, but you notice as an expert that there is still hope saving my patio. So you decide to polish and wax it for $150 dollars. After the wax and polish I decide that I don't need a new patio. You just lost 1,850 bucks.

There is always more money in transplants. Period.

Something else, those results are impressive due to maintaining and growing some hair. But we have had better maintaining & regrowing stories here. Have you seen this?
Before
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...apoddy-s-Story-(25-just-starting-finasteride)
After:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/adam400m/DSC06239.jpg

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Are you listening to yourself. You are saying he sells Rogaine and Propecia. He isn't CVS and Merek. Does he get paid for people seeking his advice? Yes. But lets say I called you to replace my patio, was going to pay you 2,000 dollars, but you notice as an expert that there is still hope saving my patio. So you decide to polish and wax it for $150 dollars. After the wax and polish I decide that I don't need a new patio. You just lost 1,850 bucks.

There is always more money in transplants. Period.

Something else, those results are impressive due to maintaining and growing some hair. But we have had better maintaining & regrowing stories here. Have you seen this?
Before
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...apoddy-s-Story-(25-just-starting-finasteride)
After:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/adam400m/DSC06239.jpg

He is emotionally torn to seek the negative confirmation he so desperately needs to comfort himself and his fragile psyche as a result of his hair loss. It doesn't matter how much proof you show, if he has bad results or don't believe the results then its worthless to him and this is the only way to deal with the emotional pain.

This guy showing pictures didn't invent propecia or minoxidil and even the amazingly obvious benefits of showing how propecia and minoxidil does NOT WORK would drastically improve his business as a hair transplant doctor, this is obviously no interest to the emotionally charged skeptic and it's pointless to argue. I would let it go.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They definitely lowered the part on the right side for the 2nd photo. So the OP is correct there. No doubt. However up front, you can't put hair where almost none was. That's regrowth. And most likely some up top too, combined with the lowered part.

Admin