Dr. Bernstein before and after photos

wellwellwell

Reaction score
The first time I saw this page of before and after photos I was rather impressed by the results... but then looking at it again, almost every single photo you can see that the styling/hair length/wetness of the hair is changed in the after photo to make it look more impressive... I think a keen eye will pick this up too...

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medical-treatment/patient-photos/

I have less hope now.

- - - Updated - - -

Infact I will explain a couple examples that look very good at first but on closer inspection may have zero improvement.

In this first photo there may be a little improvement at the front, but you can see a huge combover going on which is filling in the rest of the hair.. instead of combing the hair back to reveal the difference.

1229__500x192_medications_patient-kmj.jpg

Again in the first photo the hair at the half-way point is combed straight back to reveal the significant receeding hair line, and in the after photo it is combed-over to cover the same area... quite easily zero improvement... just better styling.

1363__500x192_medications_patient-adq.jpg

I'm quite disappointed.

resu

Reaction score
Besides it's just a year, you need much longer than that to see good results, if you respond well to begin with.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

If you lost too much it's usless for the most part, the best you can do is trying to maintain

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results as you can see, Bernstein is putting them up to show medical intervention is better than going straight for a hair transplant, not many hair transplant doctors do that. Believe it not if you wish.

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Most of those look like combovers with some minor regrowth to me. It says a lot about current hair loss meds if those are supposed to be good treatment examples.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Clearly there is quite a bit of regrowth, no way most are just a comb over.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Clearly there is quite a bit of regrowth, no way most are just a comb over.
yea this . . . . lol you guys are friggin blind

sure theres flattering haircuts but its still very obvious theres decent to great regrowth in a lot of cases . . . . . .

u guys sure are desperate to be negative eh? :jack it:

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I think some of the photographs did get a boost in looks, but really... that isn't the point this photos are showing. They are showing most of these people a year into the treatment with BETTER results than they started. Some had a drastic change that they can comb it in a way that makes it looks fuller. Hair transplants aren't going to give you a full head of hair and neither will the medications most likely. But damn, who wouldn't want to have 20% of their hair back and look better than they do right now in 1+ years?

- - - Updated - - -

This one right here is insane in my opinion. This dude took 1/3 tablet of finasteride for 5 years. Look at that? That isn't some elebrate comb over. The drug regrew and maintained for half a ****ing decade. Sorry, I know we all want to see these people with a full head of hair... but if I can regrow as much as this guy and maintain for 5 years I would be ecstatic..
medications_patient-iuq.jpg

wellwellwell

Reaction score
There is some regrowth in some, but also other are just clever styling... it's a bit disheartening...

This one right here is insane in my opinion.

His hair looks awful in both pics and looks a little wetter/shorter on the 'before' pic... not impressed, sorry.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
The dude is above baseline for over 5 years and that is unimpressive? My hair loss isn't as bad as his, if I had 15% thicker hair in 5 years I would be well off. There is only so much drugs can do. Also that guy ONLY used finasteride.

wellwellwell

Reaction score
Most of those look like combovers with some minor regrowth to me. It says a lot about current hair loss meds if those are supposed to be good treatment examples.

This^

There is a positive in that they do all seem to be maintaining and some have mild to good regrowth, I'm just saying the pictures are so falsified.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, you will notice that people post weird ads theories all the time.

wellwellwell

Reaction score
To be honest I still don't get it... I'm not following all the science behind finasteride, etc...so I don't even know what you're really saying and why you're even bringing up castration.

The_Mentalist

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah and drugs like finasteride, min, keto, revivogen, spironolactone, laser, etc can grow hair. gimme a break

Actually, they do. Few those who do not respond, understandably seem to be more vocal against them

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
The dude is above baseline for over 5 years and that is unimpressive? My hair loss isn't as bad as his, if I had 15% thicker hair in 5 years I would be well off. There is only so much drugs can do. Also that guy ONLY used finasteride.

Being above baseline for 5 years is a good result, I'll give you that. However, his hair still looks crap and very few people are as good responders as him. I'd be ecstatic too if I could tolerate finasteride and maintain my NW2.5-3 for 5 years but what about the dudes with more severe hair loss? They are basically ****ed. Current treatments only really work if you catch it early enough and are lucky to respond well.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Being above baseline for 5 years is a good result, I'll give you that. However, his hair still looks crap and very few people are as good responders as him. I'd be ecstatic too if I could tolerate finasteride and maintain my NW2.5-3 for 5 years but what about the dudes with more severe hair loss? They are basically ****ed. Current treatments only really work if you catch it early enough and are lucky to respond well.
Yes, treatments work right now if you catch it early. That has been known for the longest time. He isn't going to get a head full of hair with is type of loss. But he has better hair in 5 years then he did in baseline and for many that is hope, since most people are afraid of what their hair are going to look like in the future.

As for 'few people' I think more people than you think get great results on the drugs, its just that they move on and live their lives. Ones that have negative effects tend to stick around forums more due to their hairloss being more on their mind.

Plus, there have been better regrowth cases on this forum's success stories.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
26636541.jpg

beaner

Reaction score
Since Dr Bernstein has asbolutely nothing to gain by promoting minoxidil or finasteride, I cannot imagine for the life of me why he would put fake 'after' pics up using guys with toppik etc. Those are undeniably good results from finasteride/minoxidil and in my opinion, probably typical. You people act as if the miniscule sample of people on hair loss forums accurately represent the actual population of people on treatments---that couldn't be farther from the truth. Clinical studies show regrowth in both finasteride and minoxidil users and the combination of the two generally kicks ***.

The negativity on this forum sucks. The above poster's got it right---paranoia runs rampant here. It's amazing.