Dr Armani Vs Dr Cole

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haleystudios said:
Hi Everyone…..
Well… I finally did it!! I got the procedure done with Dr. Alvi Armani… and let me tell you
IT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You see, after my catastrophic experience and poor graft growth from those butchers at MHR, I researched almost a year on these hair loss forums who to go to. After deciding on Alvi Armani, I kept on hearing about how great people’s experiences were… so I had high expectations…… and let me say this….
I believe Dr. Armani IS the best Hair Transplant doctor in the world OVERALL!!!! (Graft survival, hairline, density and of course environment) I understand I have not been to others, but no need to after this experience……
Shane was really busy, but comforted me with my questions!! I also understand that he gets a little heat on these hair loss forums when he has to defend himself and Dr. Armani, but I can assure you…. . Once you meet Dr. Armani and go through this whole experience, you will see why Shane has to stand up set everyone straight!! When he introduced me to Chad….. I had to go to the bathroom to change my underwear!!!!!!! Ha Ha, well, maybe not that, but that is how great Chad’s hair looks and that is the result I will be getting…. look A LOT better in person!! Shane pulled Chad’s hair back and I could NOT believe it!! NOW I see why Shane has to defend Dr. Armani’s reputation when it comes to his technique and philosophies!! Just PLEASE trust me…. You have to see it to believe it….Chad was extremely nice and patient with me as well…….
Dr. Armani was very calm and informative. He truly cares if you are happy with your result. He drew my hairline and then measured it the day before the surgery, and gave ME the option of my hairline. Since I had hair on my original hairline I was able to get my original hairline back which was great. Dr. Armani then told me that he would like to sleep on the ideas of the hairline he was going to do. I told him that I don’t want it perfectly straight and also I would like for it to be symmetrical on both sides with just a slight height on the right side. He executed it PERFECTLY!! There were 2 other patients in there, one with fue and they were very excited. His result at 4 months was GREAT!!
Importantly, Dr. Armani did NOT give me 100 cm/2 from front to back. Although I was promised this, I was advised that it depended on how I looked in person since the pictures were deceiving…. I was told this so the communication was great.
He told me that I know the look you are going for and “don’t be concerned with numbersâ€. Dr. Armani told me that I will plenty enough grafts the get the look, feel, texture of full density… in other words it will almost be full density in grafts per square centimeter, but less because you can achieve the same look, feel, etc… with fewer grafts……
So, there was tightness in the donor after the surgery, but it went away the next day. Really the only pain I had was my bad back and sleeping upright. The whole staff was excellent and caring…
He is ethical…..

Toronto is a great city… although there was a warm front… the people are extremely nice, no crime, and clean.

I will be going in a few months for my crown for maximum density. I only have a silver dollar size thinning.
Dr. Armani will determine how many grafts I will net for the same look as the front.
I then should have a full original looking density within a year.
I am excited about my nose job April 4th with Dr. Davis in Florida, the Rhino King, ha ha.
Well… this concludes my brief experience; I will be posting the rest of it later.

I personally would like to invite any questions or comments….. Thanks for saving me members and thanks to
Chad, Lauren, Shane, Jeff, Chiara, Miguel, and of course the technicians and Dr. Armani…… I will try to start drinking
San Pellegrino lime

Thanks Dr. Armani

Glad it was a favorable experience for you. I look foward to see your progress as do many others. Good growth to you Haley!

roadrunner

Reaction score
for a thread that started out as a question between Armani & Cole, not much (well any in fact) talk about Cole... any reason???

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
maybe because he sucks/ His results dont look as good as Amanis which is why i did not choose him

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
I keep wondering if haleystudios works for Dr Armani or something I mean he loves them so much its unreal! Dont youg uys think? I admit they are great but he has not even seen his results yet and he has dished out SO MUCH MONey you would think that after spending all that money good results and good treatment would be expected? lol :hairy:

haleystudios

Reaction score
hey cateyes and lookgood....
well, i actually have stopped my lost with the big 3 meds and the good news is lately it appears that my small silver dollar thinning crown is filling and thicking up a little.... i am still going to Armani for my second surgery for 2000-3000 grafts in the crown for original looking density which is my goal....
i have to say that some people say that hair tranpslants will not give you a full head of hair.....
well.... its depends on several factors....
limited loss, enough donor, money, good responder, then you should be able too... i have seen pictures and patients in person that appears that way....... however, it might not be technically original density, but it looks like it....
i will be posting pictures soon for my 3 months update,,,, there was nothing to show between now and my sugery,,, just typical shedding and waiting
thanks buds

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cateyes81 said:
maybe because he sucks/ His results dont look as good as Amanis which is why i did not choose him

Dude that a bit of a stretch. Cole doesnt suck. He may not be for you, that doesnt make him less of a surgeon. They are both great in there own way. One is aggressive and the other is conservative.

U2V

Reaction score
cateyes81 said:
I guess if ur a old man go to cole if ur yng go to armani

Why is that? I guess you could put me in the older category (I'm 42), and I 'm seriously considering getting something done about my temple recession ( I'd say I'm about an N-3 at the moment) Anyway, I 'd like to hear more about them. I've been reading a lot about Dr Cole, and he seems to get nothing but praise for his work. How would you characterise him, and why would you not choose him for yourself?

Cheers.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
Well its jsut that cole doesnt seem to be as artistic and his work doesnt seem to sparkle and be as beautiful as armanis but then again i have not met any dr that iwould consider better?

If you go into armanis clinic you get to see his paitents that work there show u their hair and and their scars etc.. and it really looks exactly like his web site pics theirs NO diff

their hair is so thick and they dye and streak it they just look awsome

Armani is just more agressive then the other surgeons and honestly if you really want nice hair agressive is good IF The surgeon is extremly talented the way armani is

also armani has good history with working with younger paitents and his transplants just seem a bit more "stylish" but damn hes expensive!

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
another shocking thing is i have not really met any UNHAPPY armani paitents which is strange because no matter how good the doctor is we can EASILY f*** up our transplant ourselves and then blame it on the surgeon

after getting a transplant u need to be careful follow the surgeons rules for a good result and not screw around

I am getting 3000 grafts using strip method for 14 500

I was picking between buying a new car or getting my dream transplant/hair I picked the hair the happyness a new car gave me would not last as long :hairy:

if u want i can take pix show u my hair now it actually looks pretty nice due to me being on the big 3 for about 3 years i have maintained and grew some back but the problem is im limited to ONLY ONE hair style right now thats leaving my bangs down to cover up my receeding hairline

After i get the treatment with armani i can choose from 100s of diff hair styles and ill actually even be able to dye my hair its like i get to go back in time

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Ya, sounds like a major problem( I really hate it when my bangs are well you know, crooked). Start trying to cover up your plugs and scars .That is of course if there are'nt severe neuro; vasculr issues. Then you won't care about your hair (kind of ironic). Anyway do a lot more research .It sounds to me cat that you are buying into a dream I am sure choad is affirming your dellusion. As he has things to buy.But I can say that it will be a nitemare. Of course this would only be true if you had unrealistic expectations.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
do you really think my expectations are unrealistic?

I have a thick thick amount od donar hair

I have increased my hair density and maintained for 3 years with the best hair loss treatments

Now I am getting a transplant to get the head of hair i want

Yes its not a easy light procedure yes my head will swell like a pumpkin yes it takes months and months for grafts to start to grow in but im doing this for the future Yes there will be a scar but it will be tiny because he is going to performe a tri closure

No there is a VERY small chance on getting shock loss due to the fact that hes working around my existing hairline and hes not gonna be digginto into my present hairs

ive been researching for months and months what more u want me to research?

PS i am going to stay on xandrox 15% and proscar for as long as I care about my hair ill stop the treatment when i dont care anymore

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cateyes81 said:
That has to be the stupidest blanket statement I have ever heard.

Jeez Cateyes, you make no sense at all. Your immaturity is coming out like a water from a faucet.

What the heck are you thinking?

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
cateyes81 said:

Jeez Cateyes, you make no sense at all. Your immaturity is coming out like a water from a faucet.

In a sense he is correct because if you are young and want a transplant you should go to Armani because he is one of the few good docs who will perform on a young person. Of course there is no reason not to go to him if you are old though and it should also be questioned whether or not it is wise to get a transplant at a young age.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry lookinggood just seemed that Armani was more into young pple

Please dont be mad at me :cry:

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cateyes81 said:
Well its jsut that cole doesnt seem to be as artistic and his work doesnt seem to sparkle and be as beautiful as armanis but then again i have not met any dr that iwould consider better?

If you go into armanis clinic you get to see his paitents that work there show u their hair and and their scars etc.. and it really looks exactly like his web site pics theirs NO diff

their hair is so thick and they dye and streak it they just look awsome

Armani is just more agressive then the other surgeons and honestly if you really want nice hair agressive is good IF The surgeon is extremly talented the way armani is

also armani has good history with working with younger paitents and his transplants just seem a bit more "stylish" but **** hes expensive!

Yeah ok so what do these guys do when their hair loss progresses? You know from YOUR RESEARCH that male pattern baldness is a progressive disorder and eventually it will progress around the hair transplant'd hair. Some of those so called Armani guys get touch ups that you dont hear of. Dont be naive, just be realistic.
Think about it, b/c I did last yr. If you load up the front third like most Armani pts, you are using alot of donor hair. If the hair loss progresses, you will be left with a loaded armani hair loss and alot of loss behind or around it. Doesnt that look like a weird picture to you? A freak perhaps? It certainly wont look normal or natural looking. These really young guys dont know it yet. Remember your donor is a finite resource and if you dont use it wisely you will be doomed and dont tell me that Body hair is an option b/c it really isnt. You have a severe case of hair greed and it's ok b/c I had it for about 2 yrs looking at those cherry picked armani pics. They are so appealing to any guy with any level of hairloss. It draws you in and you buy into it and believe you can have it. Fighting hairloss is a marathon not a race at this time. Be careful before you make cavalier comments like the ones you made earlier. Finally, I am sorry to be so crass but it's reality man and I wouldnt want you to make a decision you will regret down the road. This is the beauty of these forums. We share info (some is bad, some good) so that we can all make the right decision.

Good luck

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Optimist said:
LookingGood! said:
cateyes81 said:

In a sense he is correct because if you are young and want a transplant you should go to Armani because he is one of the few good docs who will perform on a young person. Of course there is no reason not to go to him if you are old though and it should also be questioned whether or not it is wise to get a transplant at a young age.

You are missing the whole point.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
lookinggood how thick did you get ur transplant per cm2?

I am just getting 80 cm2 so its not crazy think but its a bit thicker then what most drs do

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
First off numbers mean nothing. A 50 g/cm2 on 1 guy may be thin and it may be thick on another. It all has to do with hair characterisitcs such as caliber, shaft size, hair groupings etc. Armani has done a good job selling the graft count ala "more is better" and alot of naive forum posters have ran with it. You see, you can have a 50 graft/cm 2 and have anywhere from 50 to over 100 hairs in that isolated cm. Do you see what I am saying? My density in my donor was about 90fu/cm. So I am 8 month out this week and you cant really see my scalp, just the edges because it was feathered to look natural...not linear. You dont need alot of grafts to block out the sun. Also, planting at very high densities runs the risk of transection and overcrowding where some of the grafts wont be able to grow. I bet they didnt tell you that?

I got 1491 to fill in my temples and Armani wanted to plant 2700. I didnt need all that to look good.

As for 80 g/cm2...it is alot if you average density in your donor is 80. Also, there is no rule that 100 grafts is standard b/c it's not. Densities vary all throughout your head. You may have 80 in parts of ur donor and 50-80 elsewhere. Again, dont get lost in the numbers.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
who did you get it done with? and where are you from? (Just curious) I never got to hear ur story