Dr Armani Vs Dr Cole

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

Ive looked at both Drs results and to be honest I really like Dr Armanis results the most.

OK i know this is touchy subject but I really wanna get to the bottom of this because both are possible future candidates and id really love to hear everyones opinion

What has me discouraged is the other forum seems to be agaisnt Dr Armani so id just love to hear your thoughts

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cateyes81 said:
Hello

Ive looked at both Drs results and to be honest I really like Dr Armanis results the most.

OK i know this is touchy subject but I really wanna get to the bottom of this because both are possible future candidates and id really love to hear everyones opinion

What has me discouraged is the other forum seems to be agaisnt Dr Armani so id just love to hear your thoughts

Are you drawn in by the cherry picked patients on the website?

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at those two in particular too.

haleystudios

Reaction score
Looking good..
pleazzzzz man,,,, there are alot of patients that post on these forums with great results..... check out the other 2 sites...... too many names to list... average people with great results.....

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haleystudios said:
Looking good..
pleazzzzz man,,,, there are alot of patients that post on these forums with great results..... check out the other 2 sites...... too many names to list... average people with great results.....

I am very well aware and I dont question his skill. I just worry that a ton of grafts in one particular area and the result 10 yrs from now when you need donor hair to keep up with ur ever progressing baldness. You know that male pattern baldness doesnt take prisoners!
It is easy to get sold by the web site. I was drawn in myself a yr ago. If I needed a strip I would consider him but mainly on my terms. Instead of 90-100 I would opt for 65-75.

haleystudios

Reaction score
Lookingood,
i appologize,..... i see where you are coming from now....
and i agree with what you are saying...... actually he is very much in agreement with a lower density if you want it.... in fact according to Shane... at higher demands.... he suggerest 10% lower than your original density because the result looks the same

have a good day my friend
i go under the chair Januray 4,th , 2007

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
hello

Ok here it is I have had a in person consultation. I am diagnosed a patern 1 phase 3.

Armani told me based on my hair line to lower it and fill in the temples it would need about 2500-3000 grafts looking at about 15 grand...

HE assured me shock loss would not be an issue due to the fact that hes not going to be messing with my present hair (like digging into my scalp where existing hair is.

Furthermore he will do a TRI closure so the scarring would be totally minnimum

He said I do have other options as to do less grafts but he said any less then 2000 would be a total waste of time because it would look stupid due to the fact that he wouldnt have enough grafts to fill in to make a natural hairline.

He considers me an extremly good candidate he said my doner areas are extremly thick and the fact that i have been on minoxidil + proscar + nizoral for 3 years and have NOT started to regress yet just further makes me a even better candidate....

he redr4ew my hair line and to have that much filled in would make a significant differance in my hair

I would be able to wear it up & i could even dye it, I would have a large selection of hair styles i could choose from as opppose to doing the same one over and over

Ok so i do have the 15k right now but im gonna take a few months to think about it.

If i did not spend 15k on myt hair id probably buy a car or just keep the money in the back or something

The procedure will be strip

He assured me that he does NOT have to shave my head and that i can keep my same hair style and no one would even notice that i had the procedure done because my hair would be covering it up, which was my maine concern because i did not want to walk around for a few months with a nasty marks on my head from the surgery...

What do u guys think???

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Caytes81 what norwood are you? I am curious because I'm thinking of going to Armani when I get enough money together.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
since no one really seems to care to talk to me or even offer advice :( I guess I will talk to myself since I am keeping this to myself and not dicussing it with real life friends or family.... Maybe someday someone will notice me :( :cry:

u guys are all i really have because its important i really dont wanna talk to people about this in real life im sure you can understand its really personal and i want to keep it to myself

Basically if i get the procedure (3000 grafts with strep) I will have everyones dream hiar

right now i have presentable hair but with that i will have flawless hair hair that ive never had

3 years of propecia seems to have halted my loss dr armani says im at a huge advantage due to the fact that ive maintained my hair so long and due to the fact im a great responder with propecia and minoxidil

He also says im lucky my crown area does not need to be touched and looks good, he claims the crown area is what propecia works best on and that me having high hopes for myself would not be unrealistic

Is it wrong to want to look this good if i have the money to do it ?

I would love to spike my hair up or dye my hair put streaks in my hair and ill be able to if i get the procedure done...

15k is a lot of money but we only live once dont we?? to me my looks are the most important thing to me i know thats shallow but why not be the best i can be until i grow old ?!?!?

with 3000 grafts using strep it really would make a big differance Dr armani drew a sketch of what he would do to my current hairline and it really did seem amazing

I met some guys that have gotten work done by him and they i gota admit look really good

you cant notice ON ANY OF THEM that they got anything done I was shocked to hear them tell me they got the procedure done they also showed me the scars which they got from the tri closure (not that bad)

Dr armani told me another good thing about my case is i dont have to worry about shock loss because he is only adding onto my existing hair and not ripping around my current areas because the density he said i have is enough

PS im turning 26 in a few months i am not exactly all that young anymore :freaked:

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you comfortable with the decision to go foward w/ a hair transplant?

Just remember male pattern baldness is progressive so it might progress past the hair transplant'd hair that's why it's important to be conservative at 26.
Do you feel me bro?

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
yes but if its stabilized for 3 years what are the chances on it actually getting worse at a rapid rate ?? THey must be extremly slim

Propecia stops working VERY FVERY SLOWLY over time i will thin out but it wont ever be at a rapid pace like it was before since i am a pROVEN good responder

Id rather have no hair at all then have a noticable receeding hairline

Receeding hairlines are so ugly

My hair is presentable right now but i MUST Keep it at this style or i would look HORRIBLE and my receeding hairline would be noticeable

GET a H/T is extremly comfortable, why? because there are NO HEALTH risks im not risking anything by doing it other then my money which i have saved up and ready to spend. I am not going to go threw any serious pain either plus im use to surgery ive had laser eye treatment done in the past (PRK) ive also had laser hair removale done about 20 times. BOth on my chest and back. :freaked2:

EVEN when i do start thinning again at a slow pace my new added 3000 grafts of hair will still give my hair a thick appearce and id still be able to hide my thinning for at least 10 years (im guessing roughly) Right now my hair has a normal density according to dr armani

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I didn't think much of Armani as person. He did good work, though. I didn't love his hairline but I plucked out some of the grafts to make a better (higher) hairline that I'm happy with. It is 6 months post surgery and I am wondering if I am going to grow any more hair. If not I'll get a second procedure done, not by him, only because I didn't like the guy much. He did a great job on the scar though (1 mm) and I couldn't be much happier. I don't expect perfection, I just wanted some good work and I got it. Anything I'd get now (just a little filling in) a child could do. And the scar line is about 1 mm. All in all I would recommend Armani.

I styled my hair up nicely last night and hit the club. The hottest girl in the club took a keen interest in me. I wasted years of my life "being responsible" and investing my money instead of getting the hair transplant sooner. And my stocks were dogs for the most part so all I did was lose out on living.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
i think about it is ... HES JUST BLUnt str8 to the point and tells it like it is which is kinda good

very quick to response & agressive

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
I didn't think much of Armani as person. He did good work, though. I didn't love his hairline but I plucked out some of the grafts to make a better (higher) hairline that I'm happy with. It is 6 months post surgery and I am wondering if I am going to grow any more hair. If not I'll get a second procedure done, not by him, only because I didn't like the guy much. He did a great job on the scar though (1 mm) and I couldn't be much happier. I don't expect perfection, I just wanted some good work and I got it. Anything I'd get now (just a little filling in) a child could do. And the scar line is about 1 mm. All in all I would recommend Armani.

You plucked out hairs to make a better hair loss????
Sounds like self mutilation to me. :x Dude how could you make such an extreme synopsis on him in such a short meeting? If he was all business where does not thinking too much of him as a person come in? Usually people who have had a bad experience with someone resort to such a disposition as yours. As for anyone filling in or a child I would be real careful.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cat,

Your steady on the meds and well thought through sounds like you should do it if your hairline needs fixing.

Just keep a sensible adult hairline with not too dense packing. You don't want to be going back preferably ever but at least another 5-10 yrs.

By then HM should long have been out.

haleystudios

Reaction score
Hi Everyone…..
Well… I finally did it!! I got the procedure done with Dr. Alvi Armani… and let me tell you
IT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You see, after my catastrophic experience and poor graft growth from those butchers at MHR, I researched almost a year on these hair loss forums who to go to. After deciding on Alvi Armani, I kept on hearing about how great people’s experiences were… so I had high expectations…… and let me say this….
I believe Dr. Armani IS the best Hair Transplant doctor in the world OVERALL!!!! (Graft survival, hairline, density and of course environment) I understand I have not been to others, but no need to after this experience……
Shane was really busy, but comforted me with my questions!! I also understand that he gets a little heat on these hair loss forums when he has to defend himself and Dr. Armani, but I can assure you…. . Once you meet Dr. Armani and go through this whole experience, you will see why Shane has to stand up set everyone straight!! When he introduced me to Chad….. I had to go to the bathroom to change my underwear!!!!!!! Ha Ha, well, maybe not that, but that is how great Chad’s hair looks and that is the result I will be getting…. look A LOT better in person!! Shane pulled Chad’s hair back and I could NOT believe it!! NOW I see why Shane has to defend Dr. Armani’s reputation when it comes to his technique and philosophies!! Just PLEASE trust me…. You have to see it to believe it….Chad was extremely nice and patient with me as well…….
Dr. Armani was very calm and informative. He truly cares if you are happy with your result. He drew my hairline and then measured it the day before the surgery, and gave ME the option of my hairline. Since I had hair on my original hairline I was able to get my original hairline back which was great. Dr. Armani then told me that he would like to sleep on the ideas of the hairline he was going to do. I told him that I don’t want it perfectly straight and also I would like for it to be symmetrical on both sides with just a slight height on the right side. He executed it PERFECTLY!! There were 2 other patients in there, one with fue and they were very excited. His result at 4 months was GREAT!!
Importantly, Dr. Armani did NOT give me 100 cm/2 from front to back. Although I was promised this, I was advised that it depended on how I looked in person since the pictures were deceiving…. I was told this so the communication was great.
He told me that I know the look you are going for and “don’t be concerned with numbersâ€. Dr. Armani told me that I will plenty enough grafts the get the look, feel, texture of full density… in other words it will almost be full density in grafts per square centimeter, but less because you can achieve the same look, feel, etc… with fewer grafts……
So, there was tightness in the donor after the surgery, but it went away the next day. Really the only pain I had was my bad back and sleeping upright. The whole staff was excellent and caring…
He is ethical…..

Toronto is a great city… although there was a warm front… the people are extremely nice, no crime, and clean.

I will be going in a few months for my crown for maximum density. I only have a silver dollar size thinning.
Dr. Armani will determine how many grafts I will net for the same look as the front.
I then should have a full original looking density within a year.
I am excited about my nose job April 4th with Dr. Davis in Florida, the Rhino King, ha ha.
Well… this concludes my brief experience; I will be posting the rest of it later.

I personally would like to invite any questions or comments….. Thanks for saving me members and thanks to
Chad, Lauren, Shane, Jeff, Chiara, Miguel, and of course the technicians and Dr. Armani…… I will try to start drinking
San Pellegrino lime

Thanks Dr. Armani

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
wow thats cool

okay can u tell me how many grafts u got done ? and what procedure?

How much did it cost?

I am in the process of booking an appointment

After calling the bald truth I really do stand by dr armani to be honest I would rather have him do it then Dr cole even. HE just has so much style sense :hairy: Thats why I think younger paitents should go to him