Doo's Story - (15 mth finasteride + 5 mth min + nizoral in w/PICS! - UP)

doo

Reaction score
Re: Doo's Story - (17 mth finasteride + 7 mth min + nizoral in w/PICS! - UP)

Hello all,

Juste a little update.

I have been on finasteride for 17 months and minoxidil for 7 months.

I have switched from minoxidil once a day (3mL at night) to minoxidil twice a day (1mL in en morning and 3mL at night).

Furthermore, I only wash my hair once a week, with Nizoral first, applying L'Oréal thickening shampoo then. I think it helps my hair to feel better.

Here are the pics.

Comments are welcome.

Thansk all.

Doo.

Attachments

• DSC00493.JPG
    DSC00493.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 399
  • DSC00497.JPG
    DSC00497.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 452

doo

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
Damn!

I demand to see more pics of your hair when it was thinning. You were thinning in a NW5 pattern - now you have Elvis hair. I need more proof.

What can I do to proof it? Wet hair would be good for you?

doo

Reaction score
raj47 said:
DISGUSTING hey doo how old are you buddy ..great success keep it up!!!!!!!!

I am 24 actually.

So bad to be touched by this sh*t so early...

doo

Reaction score
JWM said:
I may have to call some type of BS on this.

In your first pic your hair looked real bad even WITH it brushed forward. Now you look like Dracula with it combed back.

I believe you are either using a concealer, using other photos, or the single best responder of all-time.

Hmm I am not cheating anyway.

I think finasteride helped me, but I also changed my way to eat.

I have been anorexic for 2/3 years, and I think it accelerated my hair loss.

Anyway, I'am trying minoxidil twice a day to get more regrowth.

Cheers all.

And thanks for the help.

Doo.

nick21521

Reaction score
How do you apply minoxidil? it must be really hard with that much hair. Do you actually cover every spot on your scalp or do you apply it in a few areas and let it spread and absorb under the skin ?

curiouscharles

Established Member
Reaction score
um, in your original photos you have brown hair, in these photos you have black hair - please explain this bullshit.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
curiouscharles said:
um, in your original photos you have brown hair, in these photos you have black hair - please explain this bullshit.

Hair looked finer and straighter in the first pics as well. Now it looks slightly wavy and coarse.

doo

Reaction score
Re: Doo's Story - (17 mth finasteride + 7 mth min + nizoral in w/PICS! - UP)

nick21521 said:
How do you apply minoxidil? it must be really hard with that much hair. Do you actually cover every spot on your scalp or do you apply it in a few areas and let it spread and absorb under the skin ?

Actually, I used to put it everywhere on the hair but it made my hair wet and I think it didnot work very well.

Now, I apply it on 3 areas on my head, put my head back, and let it spread all over the scalp.

I think the second solution is doing better, since all of the product goes into the scalp and is absorbed.

doo

Reaction score
JWM said:
What brand of Minoxidil are you using?

I am using a local minoxidil solution made by my pharmacy.

It is without PPG, 5%.

By the way, I dont know if its better to use minoxidil with or without PPG...

doo

Reaction score
curiouscharles said:

I used to have very dark hair young, and it got brown with the thinning effect.

I can post a photo from 4/5 years ago if you want.

Cheers.

doo

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
curiouscharles said:

Hair looked finer and straighter in the first pics as well. Now it looks slightly wavy and coarse.

I think the thinning effect has been reversed.

I am recovering the hair I had 4 years ago.

doo.

atotheo

Reaction score
Good progress doo!
Are you still using the vitamins you mentioned on first post?
Can you give me more details details about that?

tooyoungforthiscrap

Established Member
Reaction score
doo said:
I have been anorexic for 2/3 years, and I think it accelerated my hair loss.

2 things - You probably had some ridiculous nutrient deficiency that caused your hair loss to happen, it may not even be male pattern baldness. Are you still anorexic?

Also, I think you have some really serious self esteem issues that are causing you to see your current hair as thin looking. The fact that you were anorexic for so long kinda already says this. You hair looks great now, you have pages of people calling you insane for thinking your hair didn't get thick, it's more of a psychology issue now in my opinion.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
okay, so i'm jealous. awesome. :bravo:

Jersey

Reaction score
Your success is really incredible and gives me a lot of hope! I have recently started on generic finasteride cut into 1/4ths, and minoxidil once each evening, I am almost 2 weeks into it so I know it is too soon to know anything. I wonder if you could recommend a shampoo that I should use with the minoxidil and also give some tips on how to get the minoxidil solution to soak in since the hair that I do have is long much like yours was when you started. If you could get back to me whenever you get a chance it would help a lot. Thanks!!!