Doo's Story - (15 mth finasteride + 5 mth min + nizoral in w/PICS! - UP)

doo

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

First I would like to thank HairLossTalk.com and all the forumers for your help, this forum is very helpfull.

Here is the regimen I have followed during the last 9 months :

Morning

Propecia 1mg
MSM 1000mg
Cystine B6
Omega 3
Forcapil

Evening

MSM 1000mg
Cystine B6

Below are the pictures at baseline and at 9 months.

On both pictures I have long hair.

I am actually in month 11 now, and I started Minoxidil 5% about 2 months ago, just after the pictures, hoping for more regrowth.

Attachments

• 9-month.JPG
    9-month.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 28,860
  • old.JPG
    old.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 28,856

tooyoungforthiscrap

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Doo's story - 9 months finasteride + nizoral in (PICS)

My hair is in similar shape to your first image, diffuse all over the top and crown. I must say those results really give me a lot of hope!

Congrats, really looks like night and day difference! I hope you keep it forever!

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Exceptional :punk:

What age are you and what age did you begin losing hair?

Did you suffer inflammation(itching) of the scalp?

doo

Reaction score

seaback said:
:bravo:

Looks very very good.
Congratulations
Do you think stuff like Cystine B6 helped ?

Hello seaback,

I don't think that this stuff helped for hair regrowth, but it helped my hair being more brillant (reflecting the light) and more solid maybe, but that is all.

doo

Reaction score

decro435 said:
Exceptional :punk:

What age are you and what age did you begin losing hair?

Did you suffer inflammation(itching) of the scalp?

I am actually 24 and saw it last summer, after an horrible haircut.
Btw, when I look at the pictures I think the process began 4 years ago, when I was 20, but I only noticed it last year.

From one side I could have catched it up earlier, but the good point is, as I didnot notice it, my life wasn't stressed about it.

I have suffered maybe from some inflammation on the scalp, but nothing very important.

doo

Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
are you using rogaine foam or liquid..and how many times do you apply it a day... and do you apply it to whole top of scalp.... any shedding ?

I have been using minoxidil liquid for about 2 months now, and I think i am beginning to see some results (new hairs coming out at the temples, really hopping they will become longer hair).

I effectively apply it to the whole scap, once a day, in the evening (3 ml).

I didnot experienced shedding with minoxidil, but I think I did with Propecia (2 first months were really horrible).

doo

Reaction score
Re: Doo's Story - (9 months finasteride + nizoral in w/PICS!!!!!!!!!)

irishpride86 said:
Hey doo..... I have two questions for ya if you could please answer for me.

1) When you went through your bad shed on propecia when did it start & how long did it last, Also did you shed and get diffused all over your head including back and sides ? When did it start to get better?

2) Why on earth are you on minoxidil.... I think you should hold off on minoxidil and let propecia and nizoral do it's magic.... if later your hair goes downhill then add minoxidil..but I see no need for it.

Thanks !!!

Hey irishpride,

I experienced a shed on Propecia and it was really horrible for about 2 months, then it stopped and my hair started to regrow. BTW I am experiencing shed every two months, and my hair is regrowing just after. The shed wasnot eveywhere but looked like a NW5/6 pattern. I maybe lost some hair in back and sides but nothing really significant.

I have added minoxidil exactly 2 months ago. For the moment I am using a non-PPG minoxidil and I apply 3ml on the whole scalp (not the back and sides) in the evening. I have added it to my regimen because I actually want more hair in the front, where finasteride hasnot worked so well.

I am also considering adding dutasteride to my regimen, at a 0.125mg/day level, but I might wait for the minoxidil results to come.

Actually I have small hairs growing on the temples and I am wishing they will become real hair.

tooyoungforthiscrap

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Doo's Story - (9 months finasteride + nizoral in w/PICS!)

Could we maybe see some more pics? from the one you posted, people would think you're crazy for adding minoxidil lol.

doo

Reaction score

Hello all,

Here is a picture of my crown.

Since I have started minoxidil hair seems to be thicker and darker.
I also have little hairs growing everywhere (I can see them in the temples) and I really hope they are going to become real hairs.

BTW, I am a bit fed up at looking my hair everyday, thinking about it all the time, and I am condering buzzing everything.

Attachments

• DSC00287.JPG
    DSC00287.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 655

doo

Reaction score

I forgot to mention, I have also added up L'Oréal Thickening Shampoo, such a good stuff since I have fine hair, really playing a cosmetic role :)

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: Doo's Story - (12 months finasteride + nizoral in w/PICS!)

I must say that your last pic update is amazing !!

Did you shed on minoxidil ?

I woudd not shave it down it looks good... it really does dude ?

doo

Reaction score

Here is another picture.

I have bought the razor but finally decided not to buzz it, and put my hair to the back instead, in order to create volume.

What do you think guys?

Cheers.

Attachments

• picture.JPG
    picture.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 508

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

dude.... I think your crazy... yoiur hair looks GREAT...

don't buzz it..

btw did you shed on minoxidil ?

doo

Reaction score

??? said:
dude.... I think your crazy... yoiur hair looks GREAT...

don't buzz it..

btw did you shed on minoxidil ?

No, no shed on minoxidil liquid (w/o PPG).

I apply 3 mL in the evening.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Wow! I take it your hairline stayed intact even when the rest of the hair was thin?

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score

Is that a joke?

tooyoungforthiscrap

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm so confused, you better be trolling us haha

Your hair is thicker than mine was when I was 12. Looking at your pics I can say thinning in the slightest is completely undetectable.

I know sometimes pictures can be deceiving from my own experience, how about a wet hair shot? I have no idea why you would even consider buzzing that thick mop of hair after completely reversing your hair loss!!! You may have a slight case of OCD, because your hair is awesome!

doo said:
I forgot to mention, I have also added up L'Oréal Thickening Shampoo, such a good stuff since I have fine hair, really playing a cosmetic role :)

Agreed, I've been using this stuff for about a month and it's great. Really adds volume and holds my hair together nicely without looking like sh*t. Only problem is my hair gets really dry on nizoral days, do you use the version with conditioner?

doo

Reaction score

tooyoungforthiscrap said:
I'm so confused, you better be trolling us haha

Your hair is thicker than mine was when I was 12. Looking at your pics I can say thinning in the slightest is completely undetectable.

I know sometimes pictures can be deceiving from my own experience, how about a wet hair shot? I have no idea why you would even consider buzzing that thick mop of hair after completely reversing your hair loss!!! You may have a slight case of OCD, because your hair is awesome!

doo said:

Agreed, I've been using this stuff for about a month and it's great. Really adds volume and holds my hair together nicely without looking like sh*t. Only problem is my hair gets really dry on nizoral days, do you use the version with conditioner?

Trolling? (sorry, not english native).

It is not easy to see with pictures but definitively I think I got back 60/70% of my hair. The only problem is that some of it is still very thin (btw the hair which is falling is thin, thus I guess its a good sign).

Nizoral doesnot make my hair dry. I use it with the L'Oréal shampoo (half nizoral et half L'Oréal) and I do it twice a week. The other days I use the L'Oréal shampoo only.

I will try to put some more pictures in a few weeks, when I would be month 4 in with minoxidil.

tooyoungforthiscrap

Established Member
Reaction score

People are asking you if it's a joke because your hair looks fuckin' brilliant!

Going from your old pic to the new ones, looks like you took 20 years off your head, from the pictures you put up any hair loss is completely undetectable! To consider buzzing it off after such great results should be illegal!

Well it looks exceptional to me, thick and awesome but it's your hair so I suppose you know best! If I was you I wouldn't have jumped on minoxidil unless it started thinning out on finasteride again though, probably shouldn't stop now though!

Congrats none the less, I'd kill to have my hair that thick again.