Don't Be Delusional, There Won't Be Anything Better For The Next 30 Years. Deal With It.

How long until anything better (treatment, cure...) comes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What about this?

https://news.uci.edu/2017/07/11/uci...lation-of-hair-growth-across-the-entire-body/

Irvine, Calif., July 11, 2017 — To paraphrase the classic poem, no hair is an island entire of itself.

Instead, University of California, Irvine scientists have discovered that all hairs can communicate with each other and grow in coordination across the entire body. This is regulated by a single molecular mechanism that adjusts by skin region to ensure efficient hair growth – so no bald patches form – and enable distinct hair densities in different body areas.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love how, in the span of a year, this thread demonstrates what I've been saying from the get go: It doesn't matter what advancement is made, they naysayers are going to continue to naysay.

Just a couple weeks ago I was yet again telling people to just wait because they said their research has shown them solutions and was met with "Ugh, STFU they're lying!!!! Durr!!! AAAAahhhh *autistic screeching*"

Now, Tsuji says "Yeah, we've successfully achieved cell expansion and the results are awaiting publication" just like they f*****g said.

and now the naysayers scramble for any justification they can to continue their doubt lol.

Really looking forward to that successful human trial in 2019 so I can see what bullshit these people will come up with then.

Just stay bald and miserable, because when a functional cure does hit the market, you're going to be clawing for any excuse you can as to why it's "disappointing" (probably the exact word they'll use) and why you won't use it lol

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I think people are just cautious and worried and yeah maybe somewhat incredulous that something that has flummoxed mankind for thousands of years might be (essentially) eradicated in the near future. That's a high mental hurdle, particularly when we know that this problem is notorious for attracting snake oils and disappointments. I don't think there's too many people who are clinging to their hair loss for psychological comfort lol or secretly hoping that the promising treatments fail. It makes sense as a psychological stratagem to not get your hopes too high and to carefully consider the ramifications of possible new treatments. That's all.

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Tsuji may run into problems when he cultures human epithelial and mesenchymal cells, so who knows if the 2020 deadline can be met. He may have worked out how to culture the cells of mice but he doesn't know if it will work on human cells.

Dr Ooyama figured out how to culture unlimited mesenchymal cells from ips cells of mice, but when he tried his method on human cells it failed.

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
A. Yes. I can't see how any sort of gene therapy can bring cells back from the dead for that matter. We're talking about prevention here, either for your kids or for you if you're lucky to have had a Tsuji style transplant and want to maintain. Not gonna happen soon
B. As familiar as an enthusiast with high school level knowledge of genetic engineering and an internet connection can be. Not very much.
C. tl;Dr I don't have an idea. Don't think anyone has an idea.
Delivery is an issue in general with CRISPR.. Some areas (like lungs) are easier to treat than others. Afaik treatment of the cells is done in vitro and then delivered for the most part. Not very practical with follicles. I suppose injection is the way, but only if it doesn't go systemic too hard which is a big if. Especially with the circulatory system being all over there. Of course there may be ways to ensure that but that's beyond me. The good thing is you don't care if you target other parts of the scalp, it's probably better off without androgens, no sebum, no acne.. the other problem is off target mutations. I'm guessing that means the sequence you sent in was present in other parts of the genome and cas9 cut somewhere where it shouldn't have,but biology is complex so it's probably more complicated than that

Basically Shiseido and Tsuji all the way
Very informative. Thank you! :=)

You think Tsuji or others are studying stem cells from the ground up? Or just on protein level? Maybe I don't know. Only if it's for organ regeneration
BTW I found a 4 year old article on androgen metabolism in follicles by Osaka university (the authors will be in the Congress this year) it's kinda basic stuff you may already know and just 4 pages but if u want to read it..
I want to read it. Thank you! :=)

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the record, OP failed to respond to this on two separate occasions. We are going on like 6 pages since the first quote. He must be too busy "doing his doctorate" to bother with facts....
soon you'll have to call me doctor ;)
Doctor Heinrich Bimmler...

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahaha...
Brotzu the savior.
Hahaha...

In reference to Replicel/Shiseido, do you believe that their treatment is incapable of halting hairloss completely?
How come?

As for hair regeneration, Tsuji ain't the only player. Sure, he's miles ahead from anybody else, but he is not the only one who's trying to regenerate hair follicles.
Gene editing for hair loss, in my opinion, is completely out of the picture.
We haven't yet found the defective genes.
Oh, well, we don't even know the whole pathophysiology behind Androgenetic Alopecia.
That's why stem cell treatments and hair regeneration are put forward and are likelier to be proven effective against hair loss.
Your posts are very good! You are a wise man! :)

Hair loss is indeed complex, at least more complex than people initially expected. But it is far less complex than colonizing mars or regenerating other organs or solving the protein folding problem or any number of high value problems that we are chunking away at.
Who knows.
maybe Elon Musk will colonize Mars before hair loss has been cured *lol*

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw, my being a medical professional doesn't seem to mean anything in here, as other posters with no scientific background are considered experts, somehow.
They are bro-experts... broxperts....

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't give a f*** about him.
Foucault you can contribute more in this community than feeding these trolls. You are a scientist and i prefer reading your posts about Tsuji and hair multiplication than asking my opinion for homoBimmler.;)
"homo" is a Greek invention.
Greeks were f*****g small boys 2500 years ago.
True story.

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please elaborate how you can sucessfully socialize when you are in your early 20s, want to hang out with young people around your age, but the problem is you already look like 40 year old pedo?

@Bimmler, what about you?
Any change of heart?
Well, I don't know... ^^

Sure, but the date they propose isn't "hypothetical", really;
Of course it's hypothetical.. they are pulling it out of their asses.

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I honestly believe the only affordable "cure" for hair loss will be hair replacement systems, that require very little maintenance (max 20mins/week), easy application, and are undetectable. I am starting to doubt that an actual cure for hair loss will ever come around.
indeed! Truer words have never been spoken...

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
O-M-G, the Tsuji team said 2020 in an interview!!! I must have missed that, changes everything! I have NEVER seen a player in the hair loss treatment game renege or push back on a target date for the release of their treatment, so we can take 2020 to the bank. And hey, as 7th Sense pointed out in the Brotzu thread, I only need to wait for my diffusion get worse and worse, so I can have room to implant my new fancy multiplied hair. Which I plan on doing right after I win the lottery to pay for the treatment!

I think maybe some of this is generational? I don't know how old you are but I assume you are in your 20s? The fact that you are pointing me with total sincerity to a spitballed hypothetical comment of a release date points to a certain amount of naivete. That said, I have been on a negativity binge and I've made my points so I will pull back on the sarcasm. No one is saying that progress isn't being made, we are saying that the progress is unfolding too slowly to be of any real use to us.

*hahahahaahahaahahah*

Nice post! ;):)

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
wtf pimmler are you still here?
You spend your whole time on a hair loss forum and you know that there wont be a cure the next 30 years?

Pimmler.... this is funny

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• b**ch-please-by-roberto_o_555737.jpg
    b**ch-please-by-roberto_o_555737.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 187

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The burden of proof/evidence is on those who claim that the status quo is changing. I.e. - the "positive" ones. Why do you think that people fall for snake oil scams - having a ~ positive attitude ~ is all well and good, but the scam is a scam no matter. While Tsuji is exciting or a breakthrough - there isn't much evidence that the breakthrough is going to translate into an acceptable cosmetic solution anytime soon.
Anyway, that's what the forums remind me of. We are all dreaming up utterly fantastical narratives about halting, growth, and reversal, trading ever elaborate dreams and riffing off one another's fantasia, when the truth is we are completely adrift in ever worsening conditions and the only hope is an obvious mirage we think we can see in the five year™ future. I'm going to write a screenplay about it, only mine is gonna be called Broken lol.
Let them have their hopes. That is the only thing they have left. Otherwise they would do Seppuku...

I don't f*****g care.:D
I just want to keep my hair.
What's wrong in HairLossTalk.com with creepy Nameless on the other thread and this Bimmler c*** in here?
I am not a c***, I am Kant.