yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost six years

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About the same with me. I have had the itch every time I’ve ever been receding and I can’t rememer how long it took for finasteride to work. I just know that I started to take it for a while not knowing how long that was and then my itch stopped and my hair srabalized and started to look pretty good for about six or seven years, and then four months ago that itch started again. And since then my routine has spiraled out of control. Got back to baseline a month th ago and now it’s jist looking and feeling like sh*t again

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
About the end of May I started to have terrible itching and it has been a near constant issue. The inflamation just about drove me to the breaking point at the beginning of August.

I’ve had a consistent routine that was trouble free for most of the time I’ve been treating my hairloss.

I did switch pharmacies at around the June time frame because the pharmacy I had been using ran into supply issues with generic finasteride I had been using.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've gotten what appears to be scalp folliculitis using it. It's drives me nuts. I do keep the stuff on round the clock, usually shampooing (sulfate free) twice a day at least. I just started using nizoral again to hopefully clear it up

Did you manage to stop the folliculitis? Just curious on how you did if so.. thanks mate

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you manage to stop the folliculitis? Just curious on how you did if so.. thanks mate

Yes, I was able to use Ciclopirox shampoo, and clobatesol foam to get it under control prescribed by my dermatologist. I'm also now using Exederm shampoo or Free & Clear shampoos which are free of parabens, sulfates, etc. I can tell you that when I tried to use concealers again, two days later I had scalp irritation, so I stopped using sprinkle concealers completely.

During the period I had the irritation, everything, every shampoo or styling product only further irritated my scalp. It's impossible to isolate what causes the irritation while your scalp is inflamed. Lesson learned, stop everything, get it cleared up, and then reintroduce products slowly. If you get irritation after using a product then you're reacting to something in it.