Does Toppik Cause Any Type Of Scalp Inflammation With Anyone

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using toppik for a few days and I’ve heard it can cause some inflammation. Has anyone else experienced this?

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had an issue when I used to use it, but everyone is different!

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
I've gotten what appears to be scalp folliculitis using it. It's drives me nuts. I do keep the stuff on round the clock, usually shampooing (sulfate free) twice a day at least. I just started using nizoral again to hopefully clear it up

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is a thickening shampoo, similar to the discontinued Khiel's thickening shampoo, that could be used so you could use less concealer. Concealers seem to be causing me a lot of itch recently, and I've been using them for six years.

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of switching to dermmatch. The itchiness is just absolutely unbearable now with caboki, and that's cotton based and is not supposed to itch.

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
This drives me nuts. The concealer goes past the hair and lands on the scap (circled area). I also have little irritation bumps

ETBsKM5.jpg

OReNrkp.jpg

Last edited:

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
Just left my general practioner and she does think it's an allergic reaction to something in caboki. I will be visiting my dermatologist next week.

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
After quitting fibers, and moving to dermmatch my scalp is feeling much better. Dermmatch also blends much better, so that's a bonus.

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
it seems even dermmatch causes me to get scalp bumps

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a hypoallergenic concealer?

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
It's especially frustrating as I use so little concealer, and it causes breakouts anyway

This is just on the crown, the only place I've been using dermmatch

ucStTO7.jpg

IpXSe2P.jpg

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m starting to think that for me the concealer isn’t doing it as it is just the “itch” from male pattern baldness. Just some days it’s so intense

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
You and I are thinking the same thing. I've read a lot about "the itch". I've been having it for months now, with out end. I have noticed caffeine makes it worse. There are threads on this topic that are very interesting. The itch always seems to be in the thinning areas, something others have mentioned also.

Dermatologist prescribed clobetasol propionate foam. The swelling is gone, using a combination of cold water, ice packs applied in 15 minute intervals, baby shampoo, anti-inflamatories (advil), and anti-histamine (Benadryl) at night, and t/sal shampoo at least twice a week.

Still I get spots, and that is what the clobetasol is for

Last edited:

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You and I are thinking the same thing. I've read a lot about "the itch". I've been having it for months now, with out end. I have noticed caffeine makes it worse. There are threads on this topic that are very interesting. The itch always seems to be in the thinning areas, something others have mentioned also.

Dermatologist prescribed clobetasol propionate foam. The swelling is gone, using a combination of cold water, baby shampoo, anti-inflamatories (advil), and anti-histamine (Benadryl) at night, and t/sal shampoo at least twice a week.

Still I get spots, and that is what the clobetasol is for
Yeah, I have clobetasol, but the fuckers won’t give me the foam, my insurance will only cover the petroleum based sh*t. I can’t rub that sh*t on my head.

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
Good lord that will make your greasy as hell.

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride. I've been curious about avodart for a while, but I'm on the wrong side of 40 so not sure it would do much for regrowth.