Does This Look Like Early Crown Thinning?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, the last few months the top of my head has been feeling thinner than usual.. My family pattern starts off with a receding hairline and then eventually crown thinning. I've got quite a noticeable receding hairline right now so I know the crown thinning is coming.. I decided to check and see what's going on and to my shock and horror it looks like my crown is starting to thin out! This isn't good given the fact I'm already on lots of hair loss treatments and its my birthday today. A hair I just pulled from the crown is noticeably thinner towards the root is this an indication of crown loss? Please help, im so scared!
Please turn your screen brightness up to full to see the picture properly, my camera sucks.

Attachments

• IMG_20180525_141741.jpg
    IMG_20180525_141741.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 747

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is too early to say definitively. You are already on an aggressive regimen, I would just continue onward.

TimPro9976

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the dreaded ‘line’

That will spread out over you crown over the next couple of years unfortunalty

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody here can tell you if your crown is thinning based on the current state of your crown.

The people who are replying are trying to rile you up.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody here can tell you if your crown is thinning based on the current state of your crown.

The people who are replying are trying to rile you up.
I really hope that's the case. I had a thought comfort that even if I couldn't save the front then I could at least maintain my crown and midscalp to use for hair transplants a few years down the road.. That dream now seems so far from achieveable.
relax bro, it looks like normal parting with long hair !
Thanks Michel, I wish I could get at least some results on my head.. All these medicines are doing nothing for my hair so far but a lot to my mind and body.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
the sides are not too harsh right now ?
Not at all. I actually like what its doing to my mind, I'm more calm, no libido and I can think clearer than before. Only downsides are no sperm and perky nipples. Its supposed to be reversible according to the information leaflet and wikipedia, but it does worry me sometimes. Hopefully new treatments will come out within the next 5 years because I don't want to be on these drugs forever, only as long as necessary.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Crown doesn't look that bad man, just parted hair. How long have you been on finasteride for ans has it done anything for you?
Been on finasteride 18 months now ( not including a 2 month break ) and it has done nothing for me. Hair loss is still progressing, it seems to be going faster than pretreatment.
btw @AnxiousAndy how looks your hairline now?
Not good Poroforo. Still receding and no regrowth.

TimPro9976

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not at all. I actually like what its doing to my mind, I'm more calm, no libido and I can think clearer than before. Only downsides are no sperm and perky nipples. Its supposed to be reversible according to the information leaflet and wikipedia, but it does worry me sometimes. Hopefully new treatments will come out within the next 5 years because I don't want to be on these drugs forever, only as long as necessary.
No sperm and you’re still taking them?

You moron

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
No sperm and you’re still taking them?

You moron
Unfortunately finasteride doesn't work for everyone. I'd rather be castrated than bald. I don't wish to pass on my bad hair genes and ruin another young life so the choice was easy for me. Not a moron, I made an educated and informed decision.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair loss started two years ago, but your hair doesn't look bad.
Where did you get that number from? My hair loss started 7 years ago, I've only been treating it for 18 months, but the crazy thing is I've lost more hair in the last 18 months than I did in 5 years of hair loss without treatments.. That's why I think finasteride accelerated my hair loss.