Does Stemoxydine Really Work? Question

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! My question is simple: does stemoxyidine work?

I'm on finasteride, been using it for the last 11 months. My hair is overall healthier and stronger but I haven't grown much with it. Crown is still pretty thin.

I don't want to use Minoxidil because I don't think I will be consistent with it, also I've heard your hair becomes addicted to it.

So...does Stemoxydine work? How much hair does it grow? Is there any evidence for it?

Last edited:

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemoxydine works, but not as well as minoxidil, and you'll lose the new hairs that you get from either one if you stop. If you quit your hair won't be any worse than it would be if you'd never used it. The minoxidil studies show a slight dip below vehicle immediately after quitting, but it bounces back quickly.

That's fascinating.. so in your opinion could there ever be a chemical solution to male pattern baldness where new hairs wont be dependent on said solution and shed when treatment stops? (Meaning we wont need to constantly take/apply the drug but its postive effects still persist) sorta like how accutane supposedly is a permanent cure from taking one full course. Will that ever be possible for hair?

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it doesn't work. it's a fckin cosmetic joke from what you can read online.

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemoxydine works, but not as well as minoxidil, and you'll lose the new hairs that you get from either one if you stop. If you quit your hair won't be any worse than it would be if you'd never used it. The minoxidil studies show a slight dip below vehicle immediately after quitting, but it bounces back quickly.

So, would you recommend it? Is it worth the price? I have read it could regrow some 5% of your hair, but also that you need to apply 6ml every day for those results, and that would mean using two 90 ml bottles per month, which is pretty expensive.

No it doesn't work. it's a fckin cosmetic joke from what you can read online.

I have read quite a few people say the same as you. But also some said it actually works.

Whats your experience with it? Do you think its a scam?

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, would you recommend it? Is it worth the price? I have read it could regrow some 5% of your hair, but also that you need to apply 6ml every day for those results, and that would mean using two 90 ml bottles per month, which is pretty expensive.

I have read quite a few people say the same as you. But also some said it actually works.

Whats your experience with it? Do you think its a scam?

You don't need 6ml. 1-2ml/day is enough. It does induce HIF-1, which promotes hair growth. If you are averse to more potent meds then it's worth using.

That's fascinating.. so in your opinion could there ever be a chemical solution to male pattern baldness where new hairs wont be dependent on said solution and shed when treatment stops? (Meaning we wont need to constantly take/apply the drug but its postive effects still persist) sorta like how accutane supposedly is a permanent cure from taking one full course. Will that ever be possible for hair?

It wouldn't be one single drug, but you could have a solution with multiple compounds that would do that. You'd still have to take a DHT blocker for the rest of your life or silence the AR genetically, but you wouldn't have to use the growth promoting solution anymore.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Stemoxydine is weak but glad it's cheap if you can get hand on the stemoxydine from Garnier brand.
Just use it in addition to your minoxidil. If you can get on raw tretinoin and raw adenosine you can dump then in it to enhance it.
Stemoxydin is good too thickens hair too.

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't need 6ml. 1-2ml/day is enough. It does induce HIF-1, which promotes hair growth. If you are averse to more potent meds then it's worth using.

It wouldn't be one single drug, but you could have a solution with multiple compounds that would do that. You'd still have to take a DHT blocker for the rest of your life or silence the AR genetically, but you wouldn't have to use the growth promoting solution anymore.

Okay, thanks, I will give it a try. My hair isnt that bad, it's just thinning overall, and the crown coulb be in better shape, but I mantain my hairline almost perfectly. But 2 ml per day is actually worth trying.

Should I apply it all over my head, or just on the parts where the hair is weakest?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, thanks, I will give it a try. My hair isnt that bad, it's just thinning overall, and the crown coulb be in better shape, but I mantain my hairline almost perfectly. But 2 ml per day is actually worth trying.

Should I apply it all over my head, or just on the parts where the hair is weakest?

Entire NW7 area.

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Stemoxydine is weak but glad it's cheap if you can get hand on the stemoxydine from Garnier brand.
Just use it in addition to your minoxidil. If you can get on raw tretinoin and raw adenosine you can dump then in it to enhance it.
Stemoxydin is good too thickens hair too.

Hi! I have heard only of the Serioxyl from Loreal brand; is it the same as the one you mentioned? Why would that be cheaper?

Also, I will not be using Minoxidil for the moment, because I have read too many cases in which its effectiveness isn't that good, and it could make your hair worse if you drop it. On the contrary, almost all I've read and heard about Stemoxydine mentions the fact that your hair does not become addicted to it, and that it doesn't worsen your hair once you drop it.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi! I have heard only of the Serioxyl from Loreal brand; is it the same as the one you mentioned? Why would that be cheaper?

Also, I will not be using Minoxidil for the moment, because I have read too many cases in which its effectiveness isn't that good, and it could make your hair worse if you drop it. On the contrary, almost all I've read and heard about Stemoxydine mentions the fact that your hair does not become addicted to it, and that it doesn't worsen your hair once you drop it.

https://www.amazon.fr/GARNIER-Fructis-Ultime-Cheveux-Fragilisés/dp/B072MY7L4S

This sh*t ! Same as serioxyl (5% stemoxidine)

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hi! I wanted to tell you that I have bought two bottles of the Garnier Brand Stemoxyidine, each 87 ml. Planning to apply 3 ml per day, so lets see how my hair is in two months (combined with Finasteride and dermarolling).

The thing is that even though it mentions it has Stemoxydine, I have read that many users doubt it's the 5% concentration that Serioxyl has.

Either way, thanks. I'll comment further.

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can this be bought at a store or only online? Also I found two from L’Oréal on amazon and I’m not sure which one works better. One says “denser hair treatment” and the other one says “thicker hair treatment“(clear bottle). What do you guys suggest?

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using it for a month now, one 90 ml bottle is over already. I don't see much growth (though I'm sure I need to wait for three months at least) but I think my hair looks healthier.

I will be posting my progress.

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using stemoxydine mixed with LCLT for 1 month now on my beard as an experiment, specifically on some bare areas that have never grown anything, and I'm starting to see some very thin, darkened, long-ish vellus hair pop up. I can't really capture it with a camera (or at least my crap 6S camera), but if anything major sprouts (I have my doubts) I'll post a before/after if anyone cares.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using stemoxydine mixed with LCLT for 1 month now on my beard as an experiment, specifically on some bare areas that have never grown anything, and I'm starting to see some very thin, darkened, long-ish vellus hair pop up. I can't really capture it with a camera (or at least my crap 6S camera), but if anything major sprouts (I have my doubts) I'll post a before/after if anyone cares.
Keep us updated please

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep us updated please
Nothing major yet, the hairs are kinda in this pigmented long vellus limbo state. Applying once a day. I think its important to note however that I'm only applying this to areas where I've never had terminal hair. It's possible stemox is only effective on areas with hair loss.

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing major yet, the hairs are kinda in this pigmented long vellus limbo state. Applying once a day. I think its important to note however that I'm only applying this to areas where I've never had terminal hair. It's possible stemox is only effective on areas with hair loss.
Wait, so you're growing hair in areas that you've never had hair? I would say that is pretty major...

Why are you trying to grow hair where you've never had any? Do you have any hairloss?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm does Stemoxydine also depend on sulfotransferase activity like minoxidil does? The reason I ask is because I don't respond to Minoxidil and was wondering whether Stemoxydine may help my diffuse thinning.

Just use tretinoin along with topical or low dose oral if you don't respond to topical minoxidil.