Does Setipiprant Need To Be Used With An Anti-androgen?

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Taking lyphar seti and have not noticed brain fog. I'm a full-time student and I work full-time so my sleep schedule is erratic but have not noticed anything in terms of shedding going down or sebum. I have been cutting down on shampooing with selsun blue selenium sulfide from daily use so maybe thats why im getting more sebum excretion. Also I think maybe the seti is shedding off the weak hairs like how finasteride does. Only time will tell. Also not very consistent with oral castor oil so who knows as I think you need pge2 at some ratio to synergize with seti for stopping shedding. again I think not sure ! Once May is done I will be able to go to sleep 11pm. Right now going through school exams so cortisol is high and drinking lots of coffee and consuming moderate amounts of pufa (pufa leads to pdg2).

allthegains

My Regimen
Reaction score
Taking lyphar seti and have not noticed brain fog. I'm a full-time student and I work full-time so my sleep schedule is erratic but have not noticed anything in terms of shedding going down or sebum. I have been cutting down on shampooing with selsun blue selenium sulfide from daily use so maybe thats why im getting more sebum excretion. Also I think maybe the seti is shedding off the weak hairs like how finasteride does. Only time will tell. Also not very consistent with oral castor oil so who knows as I think you need pge2 at some ratio to synergize with seti for stopping shedding. again I think not sure ! Once May is done I will be able to go to sleep 11pm. Right now going through school exams so cortisol is high and drinking lots of coffee and consuming moderate amounts of pufa (pufa leads to pdg2).

Thanks for sharing. How long have you been on it?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will say, I am now questioning if the the 2g a day of Zhe chem has been exacerbating my brain fog. I took the last two days off and and now on my third day and am much much clearer. It begs the question, if all we can expect from Seti is maintenance, then do we need to use as high a dose as 2g? Maybe 1 or less will do since it’s just for maintenance?

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How are your results with Lymphar seti 2g/day?

Well it's been 4 months and I haven't lost any ground, not long enough to say for sure but I am almost 25 with very aggressive male pattern baldness so it was going quite quickly. Whilst I think I have a good chance of maintaining on 2g I'm now trying a 1g day with cetirizine regimen to save my wallet

strandman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it's been 4 months and I haven't lost any ground, not long enough to say for sure but I am almost 25 with very aggressive male pattern baldness so it was going quite quickly. Whilst I think I have a good chance of maintaining on 2g I'm now trying a 1g day with cetirizine regimen to save my wallet

That's great news, happy to hear it man. Are you taking cetirizine orally or topically?

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's great news, happy to hear it man. Are you taking cetirizine orally or topically?

Thanks man, I'm applying cetirizine with water and a very small amount of DMSO to help with absorption. Oral cetirizine makes me drowsy.

strandman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, I'm applying cetirizine with water and a very small amount of DMSO to help with absorption. Oral cetirizine makes me drowsy.

Cool, I'm considering adding cetirizine to my regime. I've already been taking 10mg cetirizine orally, not sure how effective that will be for my scalp. Where do you obtain your cetirizine from, assuming it's powder? And how many mg do you apply topically each day?

timberman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on Lyphars seti for about 3 weeks now (1.6g/day). I do have the feeling it makes me more tired.. The 'zoned out' feeling is somewhat present. Still difficult to tell exactly to what degreed the Seti causes this. On finastride I always got really tired too for the most part.

Nextjohns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to update I am now on 1g a day of Lyphar. This set seems the same as the last batch. Will see how it goes. Curious if 1g works the same as 2g..

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I disagree, for those that dont mind taking finasteride or dutasteride, adding seti would work syngergistically. Your blocking PGD2 from being made via finasteride as well as blocking the receptor that PGD2 attaches to (CRTH2) with Seti

Again lets wait untill June to confirm. Dont expect much growth from Seti, its more for maintenance.

View attachment 85946

Is June when the study is set to be complete or they are releasing the results in june? I am rather skeptical about the time it takes these companies to release its data after the recent Polichem news that it may take a year after they now have completed the trials to actually report the findings.

Last edited:

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Is June when the study is set to be complete or they are releasing the results in june? I am rather skeptical about the time it takes these companies to release its data after the recent Polichem news that it may take a year after they now have completed the trials to actually report the findings.

Anyone have any idea?

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea?

Unfortunately I don't even think Allergan have released the Phase 1 results, which I find annoying :( (Phase 2a has been completed)
As soon as the phase 1 results are released, I will review and either jump on setipiprant (hopefully) or forget about it..

abcdefg

Reaction score
The problem with forum testimonies is that hair loss is a very very difficult thing to objectively measure especially without doing hair counts or other tests harder than just eyeballing it like most people do. Hair length, lighting, and other things can really change the perception of density, and things. Its very hard to tell without real numbers.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool, I'm considering adding cetirizine to my regime. I've already been taking 10mg cetirizine orally, not sure how effective that will be for my scalp. Where do you obtain your cetirizine from, assuming it's powder? And how many mg do you apply topically each day?
@strandman buddy where u at