Does My Hairline Look Like It Getting Worse? ( Before And Afters )

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You shed 200 hairs per day? I also shed about the same maybe a bit more for the past 6 months but im losing a lot of density and my hair is nowhere near as thick as yours. How is all ur hair growing back so fast even though you lose 200 a day.
Every morning when I wake up I rub my head over the toilet seat until hair stops falling and I usually get about 90 - 110. Then I go for a shower and have about 10 in my hands when shampooing and another 10 towel drying. Another 10 - 15 styling and I just estimate how many fall throughout the day so it adds up to about 200. I have actually lost density behind the hairline, I can see pretty far back when I put in my styling product and mess up my hair. Maybe I'll take pics to show that tomorrow. My actual hairline hasn't receded much but density is bad.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Every morning when I wake up I rub my head over the toilet seat until hair stops falling and I usually get about 90 - 110. Then I go for a shower and have about 10 in my hands when shampooing and another 10 towel drying. Another 10 - 15 styling and I just estimate how many fall throughout the day so it adds up to about 200. I have actually lost density behind the hairline, I can see pretty far back when I put in my styling product and mess up my hair. Maybe I'll take pics to show that tomorrow. My actual hairline hasn't receded much but density is bad.

Have you seen my pics? I think we have the same type of hairloss but except my hairline is still full for some reason. Im also 21 and this sh*t is consuming my life now.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you seen my pics? I think we have the same type of hairloss but except my hairline is still full for some reason. Im also 21 and this sh*t is consuming my life now.
From what I've seen you still have awesome NW1 hair but I've not seen any pics of your thinning, could you post some?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I've seen you still have awesome NW1 hair but I've not seen any pics of your thinning, could you post some?

Just took these right now. I got a #1 buzzcut a week ago to apply rogaine and derma roll easier. As you can see theres thinning in the nw6 pattern but my hairline is nearly untouched, ive only been balding for 5 months now and lost a lot of density over these months.Got on finasteride on June 17th but still losing the same amount as before and im below baseline. Still losing 200+ hairs per day even after the buzzcut. The last pic was right after the buzzcut under direct lighting that shows my inevitable NW7 thats gonna come within the next couple of years.

Attachments

• IMG_20180808_185500.jpg
    IMG_20180808_185500.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_20180808_185514.jpg
    IMG_20180808_185514.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_20180729_003351.jpg
    IMG_20180729_003351.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 180

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just took these right now. I got a #1 buzzcut a week ago to apply rogaine and derma roll easier. As you can see theres thinning in the nw6 pattern but my hairline is nearly untouched, ive only been balding for 5 months now and lost a lot of density over these months.Got on finasteride on June 17th but still losing the same amount as before and im below baseline. Still losing 200+ hairs per day even after the buzzcut. The last pic was right after the buzzcut under direct lighting that shows my inevitable NW7 thats gonna come within the next couple of years.
Oh sh*t dude. You've not even been on finasteride for 2 months so you still have plenty of time to stabilize! Can I ask how you're able to notice those lost hairs with a buzz cut? Maybe your shedding is dropping?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh sh*t dude. You've not even been on finasteride for 2 months so you still have plenty of time to stabilize! Can I ask how you're able to notice those lost hairs with a buzz cut? Maybe your shedding is dropping?

The hairs are noticable in the showers and on my desk. I think the number of hairs I see per day is lower now maybe around 200. When I first got the buzzcut I wouldnt notice any hairs but now since its been a week already they are big enough to see.

Yeah I caught my hairloss very early but at this point I was hoping finasteride would already stop my hairloss but instead im noticably below baseline so I believe theres a good chance im a non responder. Honestly seeing the full nw7 pattern at 21 is pretty disheartening because I know for sure now that I have NW7 genetics like my dad. So if I do continue to bald on meds Im guaranteed to not be one of those guys that stop at nw3 and stay there for life.

Plus from what ive seen around here people who respond to finasteride already see slow down or stoppage or even growth within the first couple of months but ive only continued to lose more and more.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The hairs are noticable in the showers and on my desk. I think the number of hairs I see per day is lower now maybe around 200. When I first got the buzzcut I wouldnt notice any hairs but now since its been a week already they are big enough to see.

Yeah I caught my hairloss very early but at this point I was hoping finasteride would already stop my hairloss but instead im noticably below baseline so I believe theres a good chance im a non responder. Honestly seeing the full nw7 pattern at 21 is pretty disheartening because I know for sure now that I have NW7 genetics like my dad. So if I do continue to bald on meds Im guaranteed to not be one of those guys that stop at nw3 and stay there for life.

Plus from what ive seen around here people who respond to finasteride already see slow down or stoppage or even growth within the first couple of months but ive only continued to lose more and more.
That's not true, many people don't stabilize until 6 - 12 months. If at a year mark you don't see any results you could add in an anti androgen. I think Cyproterone might be slowing down my loss so you could try something like that, but maybe not as hard as Cypro?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not true, many people don't stabilize until 6 - 12 months. If at a year mark you don't see any results you could add in an anti androgen. I think Cyproterone might be slowing down my loss so you could try something like that, but maybe not as hard as Cypro?

Doesnt that lower free testesterone levels? Honestly if finasteride doesnt work the next thing I will try is dutasteride( if i can somehow get it). If dutasteride doesnt work well then its just my destiny to go bald. I dont even think i can get a transplant in the future too because my donor area is thinning as well. FML

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesnt that lower free testesterone levels? Honestly if finasteride doesnt work the next thing I will try is dutasteride( if i can somehow get it). If dutasteride doesnt work well then its just my destiny to go bald. I dont even think i can get a transplant in the future too because my donor area is thinning as well. FML
Yeah it does but testosterone is also bad for hair, some people can be extra sensitive to testosterone which I think is the case for me. dutasteride might be a good second choice, hopefully you won't need it though.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it does but testosterone is also bad for hair, some people can be extra sensitive to testosterone which I think is the case for me. dutasteride might be a good second choice, hopefully you won't need it though.

Your regime is super extreme bro, isnt it causing any dick and libido problems, or are you immune to all this sh*t?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your regime is super extreme bro, isnt it causing any dick and libido problems, or are you immune to all this sh*t?
It used to be harder, at one point I was taking 50mg cypro + 2mg estrogen on top of finasteride and minoxidil. Unfortunately I am not immune to the side effects of such a powerful anti androgen. I got mild gyno, I'm basically infertile, zero libido and erectile dysfunction which means I can't have sex with my girlfriend anymore. It's not ideal but its what I have to resort to if I want to even slow down my hair loss. Feels bad man.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
It used to be harder, at one point I was taking 50mg cypro + 2mg estrogen on top of finasteride and minoxidil. Unfortunately I am not immune to the side effects of such a powerful anti androgen. I got mild gyno, I'm basically infertile, zero libido and erectile dysfunction which means I can't have sex with my girlfriend anymore. It's not ideal but its what I have to resort to if I want to even slow down my hair loss. Feels bad man.

f*** man I feel for you, especially because I also feel like I wont respond to these meds. And your girlfriend is okay with all of this?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** man I feel for you, especially because I also feel like I wont respond to these meds. And your girlfriend is okay with all of this?
Yeah it sucks. No she's not but thankfully I'm a good person and being attractive also helps so I think she will stay with me. Been with her for almost 3 years she is my high school sweetheart lol.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay here are pics to show this thinning I am talking about. The first 3 pics are how I usually pull back my hairline, so it looks a little better. The next few pictures are trying to show the thinning which I think displays how far back my hairline really is. How does it look guys?
If it means anything, I've only been up an hour and I've lost about 130 hairs already.

Attachments

• IMG_20180809_141346.jpg
    IMG_20180809_141346.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20180809_141235.jpg
    IMG_20180809_141235.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_20180809_141757.jpg
    IMG_20180809_141757.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20180809_141109.jpg
    IMG_20180809_141109.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20180809_135656.jpg
    IMG_20180809_135656.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 743
  • IMG_20180809_141459.jpg
    IMG_20180809_141459.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 187

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Okay here are pics to show this thinning I am talking about. The first 3 pics are how I usually pull back my hairline, so it looks a little better. The next few pictures are trying to show the thinning which I think displays how far back my hairline really is. How does it look guys?
If it means anything, I've only been up an hour and I've lost about 130 hairs already.
Andy, the way you hold your hairline in the photos is only trying to exaggerate your temple loss. Take a photo of your hair wet and slicked back without you holding it. You still have great hair and I can see your concern but I would not call that aggressive hair loss. Look at some of these guys who come in here and have NW3/4 at only 17. I saw a 14 year old the other day with a super high forehead.( maybe 5 or more fingers) and he wears a pony tail and his temples points are actually receding somewhat. Could be tractional in nature. I admire the kid as I could never wear my hair like that. His mom has the same very high forehead. I mean his forehead is the type you need surgery for. He is short and has a small head so it really does not like that bad.

Alex_325

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have literally got this same hairline dont deny it

Side-Part-Comb-Over-Hard-Part.jpg

And it looks great on that dude,pull off the same cut and f*** off for good you dont even have hairloss you have a Norwood 1.5 without temple points wich can look bizarre but its not balding

You dont even have the hairline chewed out wich means you are not even receeding anymore

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Andy, the way you hold your hairline in the photos is only trying to exaggerate your temple loss. Take a photo of your hair wet and slicked back without you holding it. You still have great hair and I can see your concern but I would not call that aggressive hair loss. Look at some of these guys who come in here and have NW3/4 at only 17. I saw a 14 year old the other day with a super high forehead.( maybe 5 or more fingers) and he wears a pony tail and his temples points are actually receding somewhat. Could be tractional in nature. I admire the kid as I could never wear my hair like that. His mom has the same very high forehead. I mean his forehead is the type you need surgery for. He is short and has a small head so it really does not like that bad.
Yeah that was the point so I could show the thinning better. Its true that my case isn't severe, infact just yesterday a poor soul posted here who was a diffuse NW3v at just 18. I feel for that 14yo boy, my forehead is 4 fingers tall so its not huge but it is tall. Add recession in to the mix and its a recipe for disaster!Being a man sometimes sucks, women don't know how easy they have it!
You have literally got this same hairline dont deny it

View attachment 95411

And it looks great on that dude,pull off the same cut and f*** off for good you dont even have hairloss you have a Norwood 1.5 without temple points wich can look bizarre but its not balding

You dont even have the hairline chewed out wich means you are not even receeding anymore
I'm definitely not a NW1.5 more like a NW2. His hairline is better than mine plus he has a small forehead so it looks extra good. If you check out the pics I posted earlier today I try to show the extent of my thinning, its not uniformly thick like his hair is.

Last edited: