Does minoxidil lose the effectiveness in long-time use?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
Why do you keep posting that quote when you yourself have said before you don't even believe it ?

I _do_ believe it. I've never said that I don't believe it.

HT55 said:
Quote from Bryan

"When he says that Proxiphen is more effective than any other treatment out there, I _do_ find that claim to be a little broad and excessive "

Again I have to laugh, you find him saying Proxiphen is MORE effective than any other treatment out there "a little broad and excessive" but YOU POST OVER AND OVER a much broader statement that " Proxiphen is UNQUESTIONABLY MORE EFFECTIVE than Propecia alone"

You seem to be very confused! Saying that Proxiphen is more effective than any other treatment out there is far more broad and excessive than simply saying that it's more effective than ONE SPECIFIC treatment (Propecia).

HT55 said:
Again if the stuff is so great WHY DON'T YOU USE IT ?

Because it's too expensive, and I'm too old to care that much.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
HT55 said:
Why do you keep posting that quote when you yourself have said before you don't even believe it ?

I _do_ believe it. I've never said that I don't believe it.

HT55 said:
Quote from Bryan

"When he says that Proxiphen is more effective than any other treatment out there, I _do_ find that claim to be a little broad and excessive "

Again I have to laugh, you find him saying Proxiphen is MORE effective than any other treatment out there "a little broad and excessive" but YOU POST OVER AND OVER a much broader statement that " Proxiphen is UNQUESTIONABLY MORE EFFECTIVE than Propecia alone"

You seem to be very confused! Saying that Proxiphen is more effective than any other treatment out there is far more broad and excessive than simply saying that it's more effective than ONE SPECIFIC treatment (Propecia).

HT55 said:
Again if the stuff is so great WHY DON'T YOU USE IT ?

Because it's too expensive, and I'm too old to care that much.

Your a clown, spin it as you like

Does wasting peoples money make you feel good or something ?

Were you too old 14 years ago when you started pushing Proctors products, lol

If $100 a month blows up your budget I suggest you find something else to do but hang around internet forums

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:

Ok what 's better than PROPECIA ?

Oh I know Proxiphen of course,LOL

And YES that was a JOKE a BIG JOKE !

baslangic

Reaction score
I can't use propecia because I had side effects from it and I can't use proxiphen because I'm a poor man. So I will lose my hair :/

Anyway thanks for the information my friends..

I'm using only rogaine foam... and maybe saw palmetto or something like that..

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, minoxidil lost its effectiveness on me, that's for sure. After 2 months (July) I had fantastic results. I'm a severe diffuser, and pretty much all my hair up there had thickened up. Was thrilled.

Now I'm back to baseline pretty much, and minoxidil hasn't done anything for me for the last 4 months. No change at all. What was a rollercoaster for the first 4 months has turned into a nothing treatment.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
baslangic said:
I can't use propecia because I had side effects from it and I can't use proxiphen because I'm a poor man. So I will lose my hair :/

Foam is better than Proxiphen regardless of what that clown tells you. One of the ingrediants in Proxiphen is MINOXIDIL. Try covering your entire head ( hairline to crown) with foam as I have had regrowth all over from it including the hairline.

You can get 2 cans of foam a month for $25 on Amazon and that's how much you will use every month.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sadscalp said:
Well, minoxidil lost its effectiveness on me, that's for sure. After 2 months (July) I had fantastic results. I'm a severe diffuser, and pretty much all my hair up there had thickened up. Was thrilled.

Now I'm back to baseline pretty much, and minoxidil hasn't done anything for me for the last 4 months. No change at all. What was a rollercoaster for the first 4 months has turned into a nothing treatment.

What kind of minoxidil are you using ?

baslangic

Reaction score
HT55 said:
baslangic said:

Foam is better than Proxiphen regardless of what that clown tells you. One of the ingrediants in Proxiphen is MINOXIDIL. Try covering your entire head ( hairline to crown) with foam as I have had regrowth all over from it including the hairline.

You can get 2 cans of foam a month for $25 on Amazon and that's how much you will use every month.

I'm using foam but it doesnt work for hairline.. do you use Retinoic Acid for hairline?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
baslangic said:
HT55 said:
baslangic said:

I'm using foam but it doesnt work for hairline.. do you use Retinoic Acid for hairline?

Foam worked for my hairline and many others that I have read about on here

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
Foam is better than Proxiphen regardless of what that clown tells you. One of the ingrediants in Proxiphen is MINOXIDIL.

Shows how much YOU know. Dr. Proctor has said in the past that the effectiveness of Proxiphen doesn't seem to be affected much by the presence or absence of minoxidil. The most effective ingredients in it are probably the spin-traps and spin-labels TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
HT55 said:
Foam is better than Proxiphen regardless of what that clown tells you. One of the ingrediants in Proxiphen is MINOXIDIL.

Shows how much YOU know. Dr. Proctor has said in the past that the effectiveness of Proxiphen doesn't seem to be affected much by the presence or absence of minoxidil. The most effective ingredients in it are probably the spin-traps and spin-labels TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN.

Oh Dr Proctor said it so it MUST BE RIGHT ! This man is so on top of things he tells his Proxiphen patients to take photos with a POLAROID CAMERA ! Yes those polaroids really bring out the detail, forget those digital cameras, lol

Hey Dr Bosley told me he does the world's best hair transplants, sign me up.

A guy on TV last night told me if I buy his book I will make millions in real estate in 6 months, I better get it.

How come you never post those amazing photos ? I guess it would be hard for you to BS people if they saw your "results" LOL

I have never come across anyone who is so adamant that a product works who DOES_NOT_ EVEN_ USE_THE_PRODUCT_HIMSELF and can't provide ANY_PHOTO_DOCUMENTATION except 2 photos from the snake oil salesmans website.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
Oh Dr Proctor said it so it MUST BE RIGHT !

Hmmm...let's see. Who do I believe...(making up-and-down "weighing motion" with both hands)...HT55, who says that Rogaine Foam is more effective than Proxiphen, or Dr. Proctor?? :dunno: :smack: :)

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
HT55 said:
Oh Dr Proctor said it so it MUST BE RIGHT !

Hmmm...let's see. Who do I believe...(making up-and-down "weighing motion" with both hands)...HT55, who says that Rogaine Foam is more effective than Proxiphen, or Dr. Proctor?? :dunno: :smack: :)

Hmmm let's see (NOT WAVING arms up and down like a little b**ch) HT55 has PHOTOS to back up his significant regrowth hairline to crown on ROGAINE FOAM.

HT55 isn't making any money when someone buys ROGAINE FOAM.

Gee why would Proctor say the products he sells are better, to make $$$$ ?Why would Bryan push Proctors products so hard when he doesn't even use them, maybe because he lives close to Proctors office knows him personally and has received free products from Proctor in the past ?

AGAIN if PROXIPHEN was so effective why did you stop using it ?

JWM

Reaction score
HT55

When you used the liquid, did you use a lot of it? Do you think maybe your success with the foam is because you simply use more of it?

I also recall you claimed to never experience major sheds with the foam. Am I recalling correctly?

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
sadscalp said:

What kind of minoxidil are you using ?

A 5% liquid one, local. Sold here in Norway called Recrea Forte. Thinking of switching, any suggestions?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
HT55

When you used the liquid, did you use a lot of it? Do you think maybe your success with the foam is because you simply use more of it?

I also recall you claimed to never experience major sheds with the foam. Am I recalling correctly?

I always covered my entire head with rogaine liquid but it did seem to spread farther than the foam does so I may have used a little less. I know I soaked my crown in liquid and when I switched to foam it has totally filled in. To give you an idea Dr Shapiro and I talked about doing 3000 grafts over my entire head in 2007, now we are talking MAYBE 500 single hair grafts in my hairline which I am not going to do because of possible shock loss and the fact that I am happy right now, very happy.

No sheds when I switched from Liquid to Foam

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
sadscalp said:

Wow, fast forward 9 days and boom minoxidil kicked into action again. Hope I don't jinx it, but there's been a vast, vast improvement over the last week. Hopefully it'll continue to improve, I'm not far off the point where I'll be very happy with the results now. And I pray to God that I actually get to keep the results for a while this time (I'm hoping finasteride will do the job here)

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sadscalp said:
sadscalp said:

Wow, fast forward 9 days and boom minoxidil kicked into action again. Hope I don't jinx it, but there's been a vast, vast improvement over the last week. Hopefully it'll continue to improve, I'm not far off the point where I'll be very happy with the results now. And I pray to God that I actually get to keep the results for a while this time (I'm hoping finasteride will do the job here)

Explain your minoxidil timeline results sheds, and your on liquid, correct ?

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
Explain your minoxidil timeline results sheds, and your on liquid, correct ?

Liquid yes. Advanced NW3 with severe diffuse thinning from the 'swirl'/cowlick (which is not thinning) and forward, Norwood IV A pattern.

Late April - started minoxidil and 2% keto.

Late June/early July - thrilled, fantastic improvement. Hair on top got its color back (dark), and much better density. Side effect was darker/thicker body hair (particularly the beard), but I thought that was great.

Late July/early August - minor setback.

Late August - hair thickening again.

Early September to late December - losing ground rapidly, diffuse thinning returns. Hair pretty much stays that way during this whole period, maybe a slight decline. Starting finasteride September 22nd.

Early January - hair thickening back up again.

I can't explain it. I have no idea why it's been such a rollercoaster for me.

randomtask

Reaction score
Bryan please stop posting.

How can you comment on the effectiveness of a product you have never used. You are being a complete and utter fool.