Does ejaculating release more DHT into the bloodstream?

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly.

Masturbation doesn't cause hairloss in people who don't have Androgenetic Alopecia.

Masturbation can however accelerate hairloss in people who do already have Androgenetic Alopecia PLUS are also more sensitive to DHT spikes than typical people who have Androgenetic Alopecia.
So even if it is a small spike of DHT, there are lots of people who have Androgenetic Alopecia that are also sensitive to such spikes which is the reason you will get a lot of people saying they do notice an acceleration of thinning hair/hair loss and itchy scalp.

If someone is on anti-androgens they almost never will notice this itch or accelerated thinning/hairloss post-Masturbation/ejaculation as anti-androgens will have suppressed DHT levels.

Although for many who aren't prepared to undergo the potential side effects of using anti-androgens, they are more likely to experience this if they have Androgenetic Alopecia + are sensitive to DHT spikes.

I have noticed that using vitamins like Zinc, DHA, GLA, I have been able to naturally mimic the beneficial effects of drug types anti-androgen - without the side effects associated with anti-androgens) and after ejaculation I did not notice any itching of the scalp or accelerated hair thinning/miniaturization.

(NOTE: when I was not on any drug anti-androgen I used to always feel my scalp itch followed by accelerated hair thinning/miniaturization - and I definitely know personally that ejaculation/maturation used to always negativity effect my hair)

Ejaculating/Masturbation causes a spike in prolactin which can cause hairloss.

You might have heard about the recent group buy SMI-6 which is meant to target the prolactin pathway, many people believe that prolactin is a very probable cause of hairloss)

You also won't get any/many high quality studies on the relationship between masturbation/ejaculating and hairloss because many people wouldn't want to subject themselves to such trials nor would there be much funding for it.

Yeah thats what I mean. Chad can edge all they want for hours indulging in p**rn (if no sex), and still be norwood 0 because of superior hair genes that aren't sensitive to hormonal changes.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly.

Masturbation doesn't cause hairloss in people who don't have Androgenetic Alopecia.

Masturbation can however accelerate hairloss in people who do already have Androgenetic Alopecia PLUS are also more sensitive to DHT spikes than typical people who have Androgenetic Alopecia.
So even if it is a small spike of DHT, there are lots of people who have Androgenetic Alopecia that are also sensitive to such spikes which is the reason you will get a lot of people saying they do notice an acceleration of thinning hair/hair loss and itchy scalp.

If someone is on anti-androgens they almost never will notice this itch or accelerated thinning/hairloss post-Masturbation/ejaculation as anti-androgens will have suppressed DHT levels.

Although for many who aren't prepared to undergo the potential side effects of using anti-androgens, they are more likely to experience this if they have Androgenetic Alopecia + are sensitive to DHT spikes.

I have noticed that using vitamins like Zinc, DHA, GLA, I have been able to naturally mimic the beneficial effects of drug types anti-androgen - without the side effects associated with anti-androgens) and after ejaculation I did not notice any itching of the scalp or accelerated hair thinning/miniaturization.

(NOTE: when I was not on any drug anti-androgen I used to always feel my scalp itch followed by accelerated hair thinning/miniaturization - and I definitely know personally that ejaculation/maturation used to always negativity effect my hair)

Ejaculating/Masturbation causes a spike in prolactin which can cause hairloss.

You might have heard about the recent group buy SMI-6 which is meant to target the prolactin pathway, many people believe that prolactin is a very probable cause of hairloss)

You also won't get any/many high quality studies on the relationship between masturbation/ejaculating and hairloss because many people wouldn't want to subject themselves to such trials nor would there be much funding for it.
I experienced the same thing as u. On hair loss supplements EPA DHA MSM and GLA i am taking. When I ejaculate there is no tingling sensation.

But before this i have been experiencing hair loss gradually the last 15 years or so. In the last 5 years i experienced this tingling but it was also at the same time my cholesterol levels were high.

However my alternative theory is that there is a sudden gush of blood away from the scalp to yr genitals or vice versa. And if yr hair follicles are already weak and at the falling out stage u may experience this tingling.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I mean. Chad can edge all they want for hours indulging in p**rn (if no sex), and still be norwood 0 because of superior hair genes that aren't sensitive to hormonal changes.
male pattern baldness/hair loss stated for me at age 21, now i am 40 . but before that i used to masturbate and ejaculate daily in my teens. but no hair loss...

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s awesome so many people around here will voluntarily celibate, more for the rest of us. It’s honestly a hilarious cycle...

I can’t get laid because I’m balding...
Can‘t take finasteride because my Dick is a limp noodle...
Can‘t have sex or beat my dick because it makes me lose hair faster....
Must avoid women and p**rn so I don’t nut and get balder...
I can’t get laid because it causes balding...

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I experienced the same thing as u. On hair loss supplements EPA DHA MSM and GLA i am taking. When I ejaculate there is no tingling sensation.

But before this i have been experiencing hair loss gradually the last 15 years or so. In the last 5 years i experienced this tingling but it was also at the same time my cholesterol levels were high.

However my alternative theory is that there is a sudden gush of blood away from the scalp to yr genitals or vice versa. And if yr hair follicles are already weak and at the falling out stage u may experience this tingling.

I've also recently started MSM along with Zinc, EPA, DHA, GLA.

How much of MSM are you taking and how long are you taking these stuff for?

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've also recently started MSM along with Zinc, EPA, DHA, GLA.

How much of MSM are you taking and how long are you taking these stuff for?
taking this stuffs for 18 months . I will suggest leaving out zinc for the moment. Take some comprehensive multivitamins that contain other vitamins as well. and try add coconut into yr diet. either coconut oil or foods cooked in coconut. I notice that whenever i eat coconut based dishes it does something to my hair positively . In my country which is asian , coconuts are readily available , we eat lot more coconut based dishes like this : I think lauric acid in coconut is said inhibit DHT. In India , people use coconut oil to grow hair.coconut oil contains a high percentage of fat from MCTs — about 54% — in the form of lauric acid (42%), caprylic acid (7%), and capric acid (5%). I believe that these fatty acids are the reason why fish oil, Saw Palmetto works to some degree.

1638342306189.png

The MSM EPA DHA and GLA should work fine if u are starting off. I take MSM spoonful 4 grams as indicated by the product ( sunfoods MSM).

MSM does definitely do something to skin and nails as u will see those effects first. u will experience heightened energy level and also the GLA will give u some finasteride like effects like slight depression, erectile dysfunction ect

Last edited:

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s awesome so many people around here will voluntarily celibate, more for the rest of us. It’s honestly a hilarious cycle...

I can’t get laid because I’m balding...
Can‘t take finasteride because my Dick is a limp noodle...
Can‘t have sex or beat my dick because it makes me lose hair faster....
Must avoid women and p**rn so I don’t nut and get balder...
I can’t get laid because it causes balding...
dude the moment u started with MBP u are already fcked for life. might as well keep the hair for daily mental health even if u cant erect

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
taking this stuffs for 18 months . I will suggest leaving out zinc for the moment. Take some comprehensive multivitamins that contain other vitamins as well. and try add coconut into yr diet. either coconut oil or foods cooked in coconut. I notice that whenever i eat coconut based dishes it does something to my hair positively . In my country which is asian , coconuts are readily available , we eat lot more coconut based dishes like this : I think lauric acid in coconut is said inhibit DHT. In India , people use coconut oil to grow hair.coconut oil contains a high percentage of fat from MCTs — about 54% — in the form of lauric acid (42%), caprylic acid (7%), and capric acid (5%). I believe that these fatty acids are the reason why fish oil, Saw Palmetto works to some degree.

View attachment 173342

The MSM EPA DHA and GLA should work fine if u are starting off. I take MSM spoonful 4 grams as indicated by the product ( sunfoods MSM).

MSM does definitely do something to skin and nails as u will see those effects first. u will experience heightened energy level and also the GLA will give u some finasteride like effects like slight depression, erectile dysfunction ect

Why do you suggest leaving out the zinc?

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you suggest leaving out the zinc?
I never had zinc initially when using the 3 together. I have no idea how zinc will react as it is not a fatty acid . U may wan to just limit your treatment to a specific group of components first to see if that works for u.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had zinc initially when using the 3 together. I have no idea how zinc will react as it is not a fatty acid . U may wan to just limit your treatment to a specific group of components first to see if that works for u.

Zinc is apparently really important because 2 billion people around the world have a zinc deficiency which also causes hair loss. Zinc also helps with some of the sexual side effects can can happen with anti-androgens side Finasteride.

Zinc also is known the block the conversion of Testosterone to DHT, so it can help to reduce DHT and what I find more likeable, is that it's a natural substance and it also helps to fix many things in the body. Whereas Finasteride is a drug which can cause a lot more problems.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From studies I've read, zinc lowers DHT at high doses but at normal doses it's actually good for testosterone and promotes DHT production.

What doses are considered high for Zinc to lower DHT?

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure, need to look into it some more.

Let me know when you do find out, because I've gotten my information about it lowering DHT from Dr Berg, as well as a few other sources which also confirm it.

I started of at taking 35mg of Zinc and now I take 60mg of Zinc daily.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
zinc is a risky venture, i took it for a week high dose, it did sh*t to my hair and thins it ....

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a great article about zinc:

A zinc deficiency results in significantly fewer androgen bindings and significantly less DHT conversion from testosterone (lower 5 alpha reductase). (28) Less binds can also be due to less receptors, as Zn-finger proteins are involved in genetic expression of various growth factors and steroid receptors. (29) Without zinc, you get an abundance of estrogen receptors and a lack of androgen receptors.

Zinc supplementation (120mg twice daily) significantly increased DHT (19%), and also slightly increased testosterone (8%) in eugonadal men (490 to 750ng/dl), showing an upregulation of 5 alpha reductase even at a very high dose zinc. (30)

However, in this in vitro study, high zinc concentrations significantly inhibit 5 alpha reductase. This decrease was mediated by both a non-competitive inhibition of the binding of testosterone to the 5 alpha-reductase enzyme and by a reduction in the formation of the NADPH cofactor. (31) As shown above, a high dose of zinc (240mg daily) increased 5-a reductase, and such a dose is anyway way too high and totally unnecessary unless trying to quickly reverse a deficiency.

Strange that there's conflicting information on Zinc.

Although, I am more inclined to believe someone like Dr Berg who is highly known for being one of the very intelligent doctors who also knows a lot of natural treatments compared to some of the studies from less influential sources.

I'm not saying your sources aren't trustworthy, just that when there's conflicting information like this, I have to weigh the sources and also, in most, if not all hair supplements, Zinc is almost always included in the supplement but at lower doses around 25mg.

It's in the following supplements:

1) Dr Berg - Hair Formula
2) Hair Guard (known for their natural treatment product range) - Anti Hair Loss Essentials
3) Hairliciously (YouTuber) - Anti Hairloss Essentials
4) Nutrafol Men (pretty expensive supplement which even has Resveratrol and is marketed by some really popular surgeons - the ingredients also look solid)

If Zinc were to cause hairloss, I'm sure it definitely wouldn't be on any of these supplements, especially since they come from reputable verified people.

Aston

Reaction score
There's nothing "conflicting". The mentality of "zinc does X for hair" will always be wrong. Zinc participates in androgen metabolism. You need zinc to be healthy, which gives you dht.

And to answer the thread, if you're genetically likely to lose hair as a man, you will lose hair. Androgenetic Alopecia is genetic and age-mediated. You can play with when you will lose hair, not with "if" . No diet or sexual behavior will change that. Julius Caesar tried to treat his baldness thousands of years ago by putting eggy concoctions on his head. It didn't work.
The problem is in your follicles, not your hormones or your dick.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's nothing "conflicting". The mentality of "zinc does X for hair" will always be wrong. Zinc participates in androgen metabolism. You need zinc to be healthy, which gives you dht.

And to answer the thread, if you're genetically likely to lose hair as a man, you will lose hair. Androgenetic Alopecia is genetic and age-mediated. You can play with when you will lose hair, not with "if" . No diet or sexual behavior will change that. Julius Caesar tried to treat his baldness thousands of years ago by putting eggy concoctions on his head. It didn't work.
The problem is in your follicles, not your hormones or your dick.

Not really. Zinc can be beneficial for hair. Too little Zinc/defiency can cause hair loss and too much can also cause hair loss. Zinc can also help with certain types of hairloss like AA and Telogen Effluvium.
There's a reason it's included in supplements even from suppliers that say that Zinc can increase Testosterone and thereby DHT, simply because it's better to have some, than less.

However, I am finding that for Androgenetic Alopecia, Zinc can sometimes be counter-productive as it can potentially increase Testosterone and DHT... of course there are many literature which says it can be beneficial in 5AR inhibition. But for such reasons I will stop taking Zinc, I'd rather not take the risk if I can receive the outcome I require from other minerals and vitamins that are less controversial.

Also, you can't be trying to compare what Julius Cesar did thousands of years ago, especially relating to topical when I was referring to oral use which is more effective in most cases of hairloss than topical when treating a defiency as it would be the serum zinc levels of importance.

Also, Zinc helps to lower prolactin levels, which for many people that already have Androgenetic Alopecia, helps with reducing accelerated hairloss/thinning.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm definitely not saying zinc is not anti androgenic but's not so simple, the mineral is involved in many processes and overall is absolutely necessary for males. And the article I posted is all backed by studies.

Also I'm not a fan of Dr. Berg he's been wrong about many things and is quite controversial. He's also no real medical doctor but a chiropractor.

In 2008, Berg was reprimanded and fined $1,500 for promoting bogus chiropractic muscle test techniques. He was ordered to stop using and promoting Body Response Technique (BRT), Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Technique (NAET), Contact Reflex Analysis (CRA), and testing with an Acoustic Cardiograph (ACG)

Thanks for sharing this. I have an open mind and even though I wouldn't base my judgment of Dr Berg soley on this incident of his, which was a very long time ago (13 years ago) and surely he has learned from that incident to be more thorough in cross checking information.

He has definitely grown a lot more knowledgeable since then and he wouldn't have almost 6 million subscribers on YouTube (which is incredibly high) if he wasn't really good.

But apart from him, I've just now decided to stop taking Zinc at my current dosage, because I have done a lot more research since my last message to you in this thread and I find a lot of conflicting information about whether Zinc is or isn't helpful in reducing DHT. For that reason I would rather avoid taking more than 10mg of Zinc, so that I don't become deficient but not enough to cause potentially increased DHT.

Last edited: