Does ejaculating release more DHT into the bloodstream?

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
follicle84 said:
Just found this looks like sexual relief does raise testosterone likelly meaning more dht is released.

http://www.bodybuildingweb.net/blog/effect-of-ejaculation-sex-on-bodybuilding-gains/

I've been looking for a study like that.

"Men’s testosterone levels increased 100 percent afterwards, while women’s was 80 percent."

"Studies dealing with testosterone levels and it’s effects during sexual acts and ejaculation, seem to be mostly done on animals. One study done on rats by the Instituto de Neuroetologia, Universidad Veracruzana, Xalapa, Ver., Mexico showed that after 2 ejaculations there was a steep rise in serum testosterone and remained higher even after 4 ejaculations in a row. Another study was done on stallions and mating by the Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche Veterinarie, Sez. Clinica Ostetrica e Ginecologica Veterinaria. They found that testosterone levels rised 10 minutes after mating and then again 30 minutes into it. Cortisol levels also increased during the mating."

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
I hate these threads. There is no link between masterbation and hair loss. Say it with me, there is no link between masterbation and hair loss.

If differences in male pattern baldness patterns do exist amongst 20 year olds in the 50's and 20 yr olds today (which, I also have my doubts about) it is not because they had less p**rn or lived with high morals and didn't jerk off as much/have sex until they were married in the 50's it is because they inject hormones into everything nowadays. Our food is raised/harvested and prepared differently. This could also explain why teenage Egyptians living in Egypt don't go bald as often as Americans here.

Who knows if these differences even exist. I have seen a number of users here posting from the UK, Germany, and Australia. I think we don't see as many pictures of bald guys in the 50's because balding 20 yr olds don't want to take pictures. I know I avoid the camera at all costs now. There are plenty of bald old guys, aren't there? Who knows when they really lost their hair. In 40 years, I'm not going to be telling everyone at what age I started losing my hair.

Anyway, I think we have to get over it and stop kicking ourselves over masterbating when we were kids. It's not healthy, and I think when we get down to it the urban legend of masterbation and hair loss stems from the church and parents trying to suppress their kids.

Obsidian

Reaction score
hhj1247 said:
I hate these threads. There is no link between masterbation and hair loss. Say it with me, there is no link between masterbation and hair loss.

If differences in male pattern baldness patterns do exist amongst 20 year olds in the 50's and 20 yr olds today (which, I also have my doubts about) it is not because they had less p**rn or lived with high morals and didn't jerk off as much/have sex until they were married in the 50's it is because they inject hormones into everything nowadays. Our food is raised/harvested and prepared differently. This could also explain why teenage Egyptians living in Egypt don't go bald as often as Americans here.

Who knows if these differences even exist. I have seen a number of users here posting from the UK, Germany, and Australia. I think we don't see as many pictures of bald guys in the 50's because balding 20 yr olds don't want to take pictures. I know I avoid the camera at all costs now. There are plenty of bald old guys, aren't there? Who knows when they really lost their hair. In 40 years, I'm not going to be telling everyone at what age I started losing my hair.

Anyway, I think we have to get over it and stop kicking ourselves over masterbating when we were kids. It's not healthy, and I think when we get down to it the urban legend of masterbation and hair loss stems from the church and parents trying to suppress their kids.

:bravo:

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't get why you guys make fun of people for believing that excessive masturbation might have some correlation with hair loss. I don't see you guys giving out about people who ask if weight lifting contributes to hair loss. Weight lifting raises testosterone levels , is it so hard to believe that masturbating might too when done excessively?

Instead of making fun and giving out about people who post these questions why don't you post studies which show that testosterone levels don't increase.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Well if you think it does have you stopped all masterbation? Have you seen improvements from your hair from stopping masterbation?

Stop believing that YOU caused your hairloss, it was your genetics something that was out of your control.

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
decro, what bugs me about this myth is that I believe it is an attempt to stop kids from masterbating by parents, church, etc.. This crap goes along with the abstinence-only sex ed in schools. Preaching abstinence only is stupid; in fact if the schools and parents want their kids to remain abstinent until marriage then they should encourage masterbation.

Anyway, getting off of my tangent, I just hate that some of us look for things that we might have done to cause our male pattern baldness. Masterbating doesn't cause hair loss just as wearing a baseball hat doesn't either. It's our stupid genes and how our body's react to DHT. If anything is different between us and the rest of humanity, it is the hormones injected into the cows that screw with hormones in us. Even that I think may be overdrawn. So stop blaming yourself, and pleasure yourself all you want for christs sake.

Look at me... it's not your fault!!!

good-will-hunting-1.jpg

ps. Weightlifting doesn't cause hair loss either. Taking steroids might cause hair loss, but weight lifting doesn't.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So you believe there is no rise in the male sex hormone during orgasm?

This is what I don't get , clearly the male sex hormone Testosterone is associated with sex and masturbation. I'm not looking for any excuse. I know I was pre-determined to suffer male pattern baldness. I masturbated 2-3 times daily from the age of 13 and started losing hair when I was 17. I was tired after masturbation and felt drained but I was hooked on it. Probably because of the rise in testosterone. I do feel an itch in my scalp after I masturbate. I don't believe masturbation caused my hair loss and I don't believe masturbation will cause or speed up anybodys hair loss if practiced normally. Keep this in mind.

I understand why you guys don't believe me. You aren't in the same position as me. I believe that because I masturbated so often from a young age that it increased my Testosterone levels when they should have been normal. The levels were kept up by constant masturbation and I began my male pattern baldness cycle earlier then I should have because there was more DHT in my system. You guys don't have to believe this I understand. Just forget about it.

adam_uk

Reaction score
i am to worried about this, but im not sure if im tripping out, as i have a habbit of worrying alot about things like this,

im in the same situation where i worry that my high libido is contrabuting towards my dip in propecias form lately, (2and a half years) however, correct me if im wrong but would be prodcued in any form of sport, working out , or even an argument? so why worry about just the sex!!

i really would aprreciate an experts opinion to clear this matter up

Cheers

AD

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
anybody that laughs at the masturbation theory is essentially insecure about it cause deep down its very plausible. I honestly think its a big factor I mean I'm not even going to bother debating it. My head feels tight and effected after and during masturbation full stop. I already believe male pattern baldness is a gene thing, sped up by other factors. My first massive long term relationship ended with months of stress, sex and then no sex / depression. it wouldhave been a massive emotional, physical and hormonal spike in my life, triggering my early male pattern baldness. honestly believe that.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sammo , there's no point in discussing this. The people who make fun of us and disagree have no evidence and just because it hasn't effected them believe that it doesn't effect anybody.

Remember we are talking excessive masturbation here , normal 2-3 times a week masturbation will not have any effect and is perfectly normal because the levels will fall back to normal again. Think about it the production of sex hormones are clearly related to sex/masturbation. The male sex hormone is responsible for Male pattern Baldness. Hmmmm.

Then again, these guys have all this evidence to prove it's not true. - *Sarcasm
I honestly don't understand how you guys are so positive it's untrue.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its a totally pointless thread,
lets just assume (for the sake of this arguement)that masturbation/sex does accelerate hairloss in individuals who are geneticly prone to m.p.b. So what?
We still have no way of knowing the true effect, maybe it does increase hairloss by 1% maybe 3/4/5% we will never know and even if it was proved who is going to give up masturbation/sex in order to possibly slow down hairloss by a tiny amount? :shakehead:

FaLLiNG

Reaction score
I would..!!!! :smack:

btw dude, maybe its not masturbation :jackit: that makes your scalp irritated, maybe its the physical action, the sweat, yes maybe you have allergy to sweat..!!!

google Miliaria!!!

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
sammo said:
anybody that laughs at the masturbation theory is essentially insecure about it cause deep down its very plausible. I honestly think its a big factor I mean I'm not even going to bother debating it. My head feels tight and effected after and during masturbation full stop. I already believe male pattern baldness is a gene thing, sped up by other factors. My first massive long term relationship ended with months of stress, sex and then no sex / depression. it wouldhave been a massive emotional, physical and hormonal spike in my life, triggering my early male pattern baldness. honestly believe that.

...it's not your fault...

good_will_hunting.jpg

adam_uk

Reaction score
seriously guys, isnt testarone released all the time, through working out ,sports and such? what would be interesting would be if we had a propecia user who had been Castrated!!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes testosterone is constantly released into the bloodstream whatever you do (or dont do) and spikes caused by sex or working out or whatever quickly return to base levels.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
What I want some in particular to do is to know the purpose of this topic and not think someone is asking if masturbation causes hair to fall out in the general sense.

decro435 said:
I don't get why you guys make fun of people for believing that excessive masturbation might have some correlation with hair loss. I don't see you guys giving out about people who ask if weight lifting contributes to hair loss. Weight lifting raises testosterone levels , is it so hard to believe that masturbating might too when done excessively?

Instead of making fun and giving out about people who post these questions why don't you post studies which show that testosterone levels don't increase.
Well said.

sammo said:
Very sorry about your case, and you're right that factors speed up the process. This is the point of this thread.

Countless sources are on the internet stating ejaculation elevates DHT in the bloodstream, and they are reliable non-bs articles.

Thus showing that those who are predisposed to male pattern will have accelarating hair loss if they are frequent ejaculators.

I was wondering why my hair loss started. Prior to my first few months of ejaculating my hair was perfect. Shortly thereafter (took years for this to happen) I started going wtf? Why's my hair looking curlier and weaker?

Not using my case for sufficing proof. The first five pages of google results about this research should be enough.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Exactly. You are still going to get ripped on even if you have more evidence then them though.