Does baldness make you a better person?

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
[quote="s.a.f":1mieehnu]I doubt that UCman walks around crying all day or with a bag over his head. What he says on here is just his innermost thoughts. This is a place for guys to vent, and outside of this in the real world most of us will carry on as if we dont care never mentioning our hairloss.
This is exactly right and although I've explained this on numerous occasions, it doesn't register with certain A-holes. Do you honestly believe Q that I speak to my daughter the same way I talk on these forums? Are you really that much of a c**t? You have no idea what my life is like outside of these forums and you have no f****ing clue what my relationship with my daughter is like so you need to back the f*ck up off of your over-aggressive analysis of my life. You don't f****ing know me, you don't know my daughter and you have absolutely no right to comment on such things you f****ing prick! If you ever have children, I hope that you can learn to show a little sympathy and understanding so when your daughter gets her heart broken or your son gets picked on you don't just tell them that it's all in their heads and to "man up". You crossed the f****ing line a**hole![/quote:1mieehnu]

ok...I was a little harsh...but its just the internet....grab a tissue, calm down and hear me out...

you HAVE indicated that your daughter is aware of your troubles with your hairloss and has made comments, but that isn't even the point...

the point is, the impact that baldness has on you results in you developing an attitude towards other people and life that WILL have an effect on your daughter. For one...it has affected your job prospects. From what I understand...you're still looking for work. Is it also not true that you dropped out of school (which would have greatly enhanced your career opportunities) due to hairloss, and are also not willing to go back because of what you think the other, much younger kids will think of you? If some of that is even remotely true...then YOUR hairloss has an effect on your daughter. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but its f*****g true. By not taking risks, shielding yourself from the world and resenting the rest of the world because you think its out to get you because you're bald...you are acting in a manner that will have repercussions on your daughter....

and when she comes to you later in life for advice about adversity, what are you really going to be able to tell her about the world and people? Is it A) "No matter what others say and do you have to have thick skin and life life the way you want to live it with NO excuses" or B) Other peoples opinions of you have a crippling effect on your life and if something about you is different or stands out from the crowd then there is nothing that you can do other than suffer the scorn and ridicule, hang your head in shame and lament that life isnt fair"

The fact is, you can't act like hairloss and your negative thoughts about it haven't had a tremendous impact on your life and the path you have chosen to take as a result....whether you like it or not...your daughter will see that. She will see the risks you haven't taken and the the situation you have found yourself in (35 years old and unemployed with no education to fall back on) and the truth behind those circumstances is that hairloss has resulted in you taking on a cowardly attitude to the rest of the world and that you see the world as being a fundamentally evil and judgmental place. I know I'm not speaking from direct experience here, but judging from my own bald father...if you want to set a good example for your daughter, you HAVE to get over these issues and prove that you can still live a great life regardless...you have to be willing to go out there and try your best to get what you want out of life...not just sit around with no job moping about how other people suck and hate you because you're bald.

I'm sorry I was so harsh, but I stick by what I meant...your weak attitude will invairably have an effect on how your daughter sees the world...even if you don't mention it to her directly. The result of how you interpret your being bald (being inferior to others, unable to date women, being sub-human essentially) DOES impact how you live your life and that WILL impact how your daughter sees the world because YOU are her primary role model.

philosoraptor

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/8555221.stm

I remember when I saw this story I could'nt help but wonder what if he'd had a NW1?
I don't know if anyone has touched on this as I haven't read the entire thread, but you are a horrible person s.a.f

I have zero respect for you.