Does baldness make you a better person?

Boondock

Reaction score
Another cool-looking baldy, rocking the look half a century before even Yul Brynner.

Julius Streicher.

He's a Nazi, but style-wise he looks damn pimp.

streicher.jpg

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The original sly bald guy..

Hillshaveeyesposter.jpg

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I think what 2cool is getting at is how going bald can be a humbling (more like humiliating) experience that forces us to be more sensitive and sympathetic to others physical shortcomings. It keeps our ego's in check but it is a position that we didn't ask for. My opinion is that the OP's question is over simplified. It really depends on the person and other factors. Some don't mind at all and just accept it while there are others who can't tolerate being bald and will go to any lengths to get their hair back. For some, going bald is a catylist to improve and accel in every other area of their life while for others it sends them into a deep depression and they become withdrawn and "let themselves go". I guess which way you go when forced into this situation depends on what kind of person you are to begin with. Most I assume are somewhere inbetween who just have no other choice but to begrudgingly tolerate it, but in regards to the Facebook killer, he was doing that sh*t since 15 so we know baldness didn't cause him to be a sicko. Weather it was enough to push him over the edge IDK, but I doubt it (in his case). For me, going bald has made me rather bitter and resentfull and just all around pist off.

Galaxy86

Reaction score
Nene said:
Boondock said:
To be fair, as bad as baldness is I'd find it hard to believe that it turns someone into a paedophile.

Still, I haven't seen CCS round in a while... :whistle:

That dude woulda been a weirdo with or without hair.
LOL I think baldness makes some people weirder.

I read quite a few of CSS posts, I think he was either a troll or seriously had a very bad self defeating attitude.

I've seen a lot of very strange comments by very insecure people on this forum, which baffles me.

Like "I know that I cant get any women because im bald"
"there are no attractive bald men"
"women only like men with nw0 hair"

And they talk non stop about how crappy and shallow women are and so on.

They dont realise they are defeating themselves with this attitude.

Come on lets imagine we were a woman, this helps get perspective.
Would you be attracted to a man, that acts like its the end of the world, hair is the only thing that matters, im gonna kill myself attitude, full of depression and anger including sometimes generalisations and offensive remarks about women.

Or would you go for a the cool, funny confident bald guy who's gonna brighten up your day, and make you smile, whos going to make you feel happy with his positive attitude?

You balding guys here, stop acting like hair is the only thing that matters, its a VERY unattractive state of mind for women, trust me. You've lost already with this attitude. Change it.

Peace.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
First of all CCS was never bald. But as much as I can understand your logic from the female's perspective, everything you've suggested is easier said than done when YOUR the one who's appearance is ravaged from advanced hair loss and just how profoundly that can undercut your confidence not just with women but life in general. Our appearance is a very personal and subjective matter, but yet it is out there constantly on display for public scrutiny. So it is easy to say "don't think like that" but when you get laughed at by women to your face over and over again then it gets really difficult to think otherwise. You don't know what you have until it is gone and since you haven't lost it then you can't truly appreciate the underlying value of how hair makes you look normal and just how important it is to be considered normal in this society.

cuebald

Reaction score
Galaxy86 said:
Would you be attracted to a man, that acts like its the end of the world, hair is the only thing that matters, im gonna kill myself attitude, full of depression and anger including sometimes generalisations and offensive remarks about women.

Or would you go for a the cool, funny confident bald guy who's gonna brighten up your day, and make you smile, whos going to make you feel happy with his positive attitude?

Or would you go for the cool, funny confident guy with hair?
When there are thousands of these, why would any women choose a bald one?

Would you go for a confident, intelligent but massively obese woman, or one who is maybe quieter, less intelligent, but who is slim?

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
Galaxy86 said:

Would you go for a confident, intelligent but massively obese woman, or one who is maybe quieter, less intelligent, but who is slim?

because not all women see baldness in terms of a deficiency or being "lesser than" you idiot! Some just genuinely don't f*****g care...especially if she can form an EMOTIONAL CONNECTION with the man...then its not going to matter. You're using LOGIC to describe an emotion based process...that is why so many men struggle with women. And stop making the f*****g obese comparisons...obesity completely ravages somebody's physical appearance in ALL cases. That isn't the case with baldness necessarily, even if it does decrease attractiveness...you can still make up for it in other areas. Obesity is also a reflection of negative traits that result in the person eating too much and becoming obese in the first place...baldness is a genetic trait that people can't control.

uncomfortable man said:
First of all CCS was never bald. But as much as I can understand your logic from the female's perspective, everything you've suggested is easier said than done when YOUR the one who's appearance is ravaged from advanced hair loss and just how profoundly that can undercut your confidence not just with women but life in general. Our appearance is a very personal and subjective matter, but yet it is out there constantly on display for public scrutiny. So it is easy to say "don't think like that" but when you get laughed at by women to your face over and over again then it gets really difficult to think otherwise. You don't know what you have until it is gone and since you haven't lost it then you can't truly appreciate the underlying value of how hair makes you look normal and just how important it is to be considered normal in this society.

...biggest loser on this entire planet, I'm fully convinced. You realize that your weak naturedness is also going to rub off on your daughter and teach her lessons such as "my looks are ALL that matters" and "I need to completely supplicate to other people and follow the crowd if I have ANY hope of being happy"....poor girl. Especially in today's times, having feeble minded, weak willed parents as role models can really screw a kid up. My condolences go out to her. I'm lucky that my bald father still managed to obtain everything he wanted in life...including a wife who on their first date (he was noticeably balding and didn't even keep it shaved/trimmed) told him "I would never marry a bald man"...shows you how much you should take what women say at face value.

s.a.f

Reaction score
qball01 said:
cuebald said:

because not all women see baldness in terms of a deficiency or being "lesser than" you idiot! Some just genuinely don't f****ing care...especially if she can form an EMOTIONAL CONNECTION with the man...then its not going to matter. You're using LOGIC to describe an emotion based process...that is why so many men struggle with women. And stop making the f****ing obese comparisons...obesity completely ravages somebody's physical appearance in ALL cases. That isn't the case with baldness necessarily, even if it does decrease attractiveness...you can still make up for it in other areas. Obesity is also a reflection of negative traits that result in the person eating too much and becoming obese in the first place...baldness is a genetic trait that people can't control.

I'm with cuebald on this one, the fact that baldness is'nt our fault does'nt even register here. Its not an ugly womans fault how she looks but does that mean that most guys would still date her - no.
The fact is if everything elae is equal the woman will always take the guy with hair over the bald guy, just like if everything else is equal you would take an attractive woman over an ugly one.

And as for the obesity arguement it all depends on what degree I'd say being bald is as bad as being 30 lbs overweight and although thats not the same as being 100lbs overweight its still enough to make a difference.

Galaxy86

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
So your just going to give up?

I'm trying to tell you, your way of thinking can be "sensed" by women, they can tell a lot about a man just by his bodylanguage.

I know it's easier said than done. But my point is there is nothing else you can do except man up, and stop your obsession.

Here is a quote from you that I just read, on December 2008
uncomfortable man said:
Yeah Dave, I am going to try and get over this sh*t for the new year. I mean, what have I got to loose...I lost it already, so.

It's April 2010 now, and you still don't seem to be over it, and it's obviously not doing you any good for your mental mind and confidence.

Remember you are not doing this for women, or other people, it's not about them! your doing this for yourself! Only you can make yourself happy, not women or friends, only you have that power.

Once you start truly "acting" like hair is not all that matters in the whole universe, then people will be able to sense it, sense your positivity.

We live in a VERY negative world, as you can see, so when someone is positive and confident, they stand out, and that's why women love them.

Yes it's true, easier said than done, espeically when were talking about a long history of insecurities.

But the fact is it can be done, and anyone can do it.

Hope you feel better and get over it very soon, summer is coming, enjoy it :)

Peace.

Galaxy86

Reaction score
cuebald said:
Galaxy86 said:

I think you've missed my point.

Here it is again, if a woman read your comment now, she would not find this way of thinking attractive, since your missing the main thing women love.

Emotional connection, and you can't make a connection, if your insecurre about the other men surrounding you.

There will always be a man better looking , more succesful than you, if you had hair, it would not matter, you would be saying why would a woman choose me, when she can go for that super model six pack guy over there.

So therefore you would already defeat yourself, before even trying.

Why do women go for all the other men, who are not 10/10 super models?
Because they have something better to offer, a good emotional connection, and many other possible reasons that's unconnected to hairloss.

If all men acted like they cannot get a woman because other men are better than them, then the human race would be extinct lol.

Galaxy86

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I'm with cuebald on this one, the fact that baldness is'nt our fault does'nt even register here. Its not an ugly womans fault how she looks but does that mean that most guys would still date her - no.
The fact is if everything elae is equal the woman will always take the guy with hair over the bald guy, just like if everything else is equal you would take an attractive woman over an ugly one.

And as for the obesity arguement it all depends on what degree I'd say being bald is as bad as being 30 lbs overweight and although thats not the same as being 100lbs overweight its still enough to make a difference.

It does register for many women, and it does not for some women.

The problem I see here is that insecure men want to be THE best man in the world lol. And they want ALL women to find them attractive. So hair loss = 100% defeat.
But that's not the case, because no matter who you are, not all women will like you.

This argument is hopeless, your thinking in such a logical way, it's being petty, you compare 100% identical men, one without hair and one with as a debate, as if there were such a thing lol. There is no such thing...

There are 1000's of different reasons a woman would find a man attractive, hair is just ONE of them. There is no such thing as a 100% identical man, one without hair and the other with hair.
But there is such a thing as a woman being attracted to a attribute of a man without hair that has something that the man with hair does not.

A lot of women go ewww to brad pitt believe it or not, each woman has different preferences.

That's the main point here, all women are different. You assume that a woman would always choose the man with hair, as if all women are the same.

I'm not sure what you guys want, but I assure you with the right attitude there are plenty of women out there for each one of us. If you were a super handsome tall guy with dark hair, there will always be plenty of women who don't care and want a nice blond guy, or a BIG huge black guy, or a man who enjoys watching sex and the city and plays the piano etc etc

My point is, you are all generalising women, your forgetting that womens minds work differently than men, and that you will never get anywhere, if you defeat yourself before you start.

Stop playing with percentages of women like this, women hate that. Because it will always be a fact that whoever you are, not all women will like you.
NONE of us can get all the women in the world. Why does it seem we all want to be 100% perfect? It's a waste of time.

Peace.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Galaxy86 said:
It does register for many women, and it does not for some women.

The problem I see here is that insecure men want to be THE best man in the world lol. And they want ALL women to find them attractive. So hair loss = 100 defeat.
But that's nto the case, because no matter who you are, not all women will like you.

This argument is hopeless, your thinking in such a logical way, it's being petty, you compare 100% identical men, one without hair and one with as a debate, as if there were such a thing lol. There is no such thing...

There are 1000's of different reasons a woman would find a man attractive, hair is just ONE of them. There is no such thing as a 100% identical man, one without hair and the other with hair.
But there is such a thing as a woman being attracted to a attribute of a man without hair that has something that the man with hair does not.

A lot of women go ewww to brad pitt believe it or not, each women have different preferences.

That's the main point here, all women are different. You assume that a woman would always choose the man with hair, as if all women are the same.

I'm not sure what you guys want, but I assure you with the right attitude there are plenty of women out there for each one of us. If you were a super handsome tall guy with dark hair, there will always be plenty of women who don't care and want a nice blond guy, or a BIG huge black guy, or a man who enjoys watching sex and the city and plays the piano etc etc

My point is, you are all generalising women, your forgetting that womens minds work differently than men, and that you will never get anywhere, if you defeat yourself before you start.

Stop playing with percentages of women like this, women hate that. Because it will always be a fact that whoever you are, not all women will like you.
NONE of us can get all the women in the world. Why does it seem we all want to be 100% perfect? It's a waste of time.

Peace.

Err I think you are also missing the point, no ones saying that we want nothing less than the perfect woman or to be fancied by all women. Yes there is probably a good match out there for everyone bald, fat or whatever. But the fact is we realise that as bald guys we're starting from a disadvantaged point. Just like the short/fat/ugly guys do.
And I doubt that UCman walks around crying all day or with a bag over his head. What he says on here is just his innermost thoughts. This is a place for guys to vent, and outside of this in the real world most of us will carry on as if we dont care never mentioning our hairloss. And that includes when chatting up women too.

But the fact is all of us know that we would look and feel much better with hair. And probably find it easier to attract women in general. There is a limit to how much having confidence can help. Some people find confidence in an unnatractive person a sign of arrogance.
At the end of the day humans are biologically programmed to find physical beauty attractive and physical imperfections unnatractive. Its all about passing on the best genetics and thats something that is ingrained into our D.N.A.

Galaxy86

Reaction score
Well I might be missing the point.....

I'm sure your ok, and it does not apply to you.

But to some on this forum, they really do seem to act like hair is all that matters, and it's game over.
And uncomfortable man, all he seems to do is focus on the negative non stop, he's finding negative things in the media, negative things everywhere about hairloss, it reminds me of those people who see consipiracies everywhere they look. This is not going to help.

But I hope your right that it is mostly venting on forums. And in reality they are ok.

Hairloss is a big b**ch.

And yes too much confidence is arrogant, but usally because it's not real confidence, it's to cover up insecurities.

Real confidence comes from being happy with yourself, accepting yourself, getting over your insecurities. That is our mission. Only we can make ourselves happy, if hairloss makes us depressed, then we have to find anyway possible to get over it for our own sake. Easier said than done I agree.
A happy person is an attractive person.

Peace.

worldlyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
This context of hair is interesting conversation.

I totally get what Galaxy is saying. Positivity and confidence will get you farther than you'd imagine. Still some things to consider.

Not to make light of the fellows who are losing their crowns and hairlines. Yeah, I've still got a mane at 42 (though I'm convinced it's a wee bit thinner than what I had in high school and my maternal grand-dad went balding at 22).

But I'll say again, is hair really everything positive? (My wife HATES my hair, but I don't care.)

There are still other factors to consider. I am a minority male living in a predominantly white country like the USA.

If you're white or Caucasian, you don't have the same perspective as me. As an Asian young man in the past, media images and presumed preferences of females (Asian and white) made me feel as if I was inferior in every way. No way an Asian guy gets a date in the USA. Why should a girl want to date an Asian when there's plenty of white males to choose from?

So consider what I'd grown up with, hair or not.

To this day, I still am aware when white women on the streets or in public places will give me a look of fear or such. You'd be surprised at how many white women look at us minority men as objects of fear or something less than human.

Yeah, this mug can scare those uptight white chicks, LOL.

987_original.jpg

But if you're a white guy, bald or shaved or whatever, you're still domestically normal men in the eyes of white women, I think.

So I have got hair and it scares the sh*t out of some respectable white (and Asian) women.

Nonetheless, I still realize that not all white women are prejudiced. And I'm not quite the angry or insecure young man I was at 22 or 23.

They have particular tastes. I also recognize that there's a segment of women of any race who give me a look like they want to take me home and lick me all over. Sometimes cat calls or "hi!" or such.

Even if I'm married, I still love to flirt on occasion(s). I like to lock gazes with girls/women when I'm feeling all chipper and energetic. Who cares what they think of my race? But most times they don't notice, still other times they will smile back and give me the extended eye.

As Galaxy says, you've got to rub it off regardless of their reactions. It's like fishing, you've got to keep throwing your line in if you want to catch something. You're THE MAN. If you don't like what you caught, throw it back in! Cast the line again.

Hell, I've got balding white buddies who don't have the sour attitudes I read here. They get hot chicks. My buddy Joel was once even dating two cute blonds at the same time before he got caught, Jack Tripper style. He didn't like balding but it didn't stop him from hitting on chicks up and down the Houston Richmond Strip of olde constantly.

Oh, well.

I personally like using the line, "How's your day" or "How's your day been?" when the opportunity is there. (These yummy Latinas, Lorena and Neneve...they...ah!)

The response of a smile and "Good...how's YOUR day?" as opposed to "It's OK" and them looking away are indicators. :hump:

Galaxy86

Reaction score
Hey nice post! :D

And yeah you just brought up a good point about perspective and also the views of women.

I do know that there are quite a few white women who have a thing for asian men, check out asian/japanese/korean celeb men forums, they are all there haha.

But yes, some white women would not take notice of asian men for some reason.
Like some black women won't check out white men.

But you've got a good attitude and it helps defeat any of those negatives.

I remember when I was a kid, my father who is moroccan, and would be considered handsome. Came to visit me when I used to live in a small white town. Everyone would stare at him like there was something wrong.
After he left, a couple of women came up to my mother and asked her if she's ok, who was that rough man? Like he was a criminal or something, just because he was moroccan.

There's always going to be women who wont act the way you want. And yeah it's like fishing, haha.

p.s you look really good for 42 and quite handsome, no gay :gay:
What asian country is your family from? out of curiousity.

Peace.

cuebald

Reaction score
Well, yeah, I still get flirted with. When I have my hat on, of course.

worldlyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanx, Galaxy.

My family is from the Philippines. They settled in Gary, Indiana so I'm a native Hoosier-turned-Texan, with some growing up in Florida.

The funny thing is, certain Filipino women are prejudiced against us American guys of Filipino descent when we don't know how to speak Tagalog.

The irony is that in the rural provinces further away from Manila, like say Surigao del Sur down in Mindanao where my wife is from, many Filipinos there struggle with Tagalog or can't even speak it!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I doubt that UCman walks around crying all day or with a bag over his head. What he says on here is just his innermost thoughts. This is a place for guys to vent, and outside of this in the real world most of us will carry on as if we dont care never mentioning our hairloss.
This is exactly right and although I've explained this on numerous occasions, it doesn't register with certain A-holes. Do you honestly believe Q that I speak to my daughter the same way I talk on these forums? Are you really that much of a c***? You have no idea what my life is like outside of these forums and you have no f*****g clue what my relationship with my daughter is like so you need to back the f*** up off of your over-aggressive analysis of my life. You don't f*****g know me, you don't know my daughter and you have absolutely no right to comment on such things you f*****g prick! If you ever have children, I hope that you can learn to show a little sympathy and understanding so when your daughter gets her heart broken or your son gets picked on you don't just tell them that it's all in their heads and to "man up". You crossed the f*****g line a**h**!