Does Anyone Like To See Family And Friends Go Bald?

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't wish for anyone to go bald, but seeing people I know going bald reminds me that I'm doing well on treatments, made the right choices, and am no longer a freak for my age group.

shookwun

Reaction score
You don't realize how sacred hair is to your over all happiness until you start loosing it.

I am willing to spend additional thousands ontop of what I have spent already to maintain my hair. I have already spent close to 15,000 CAD on two transplants.

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
Not really. My older brother is 27 and is a NW5 and he says it doesn't bother him. Although, he has asked me about propecia before so I expect now that he is bald, he cares now. Some of my cousins are going bald too and one of them spoke to me about it one night when he was drunk. He said it's harder to hit on chicks because of it so it's not just in our heads.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Not really. My older brother is 27 and is a NW5 and he says it doesn't bother him. Although, he has asked me about propecia before so I expect now that he is bald, he cares now. Some of my cousins are going bald too and one of them spoke to me about it one night when he was drunk. He said it's harder to hit on chicks because of it so it's not just in our heads.

What kind of 27 year old wouldn't be bothered by being NW5.

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
What kind of 27 year old wouldn't be bothered by being NW5.
You would be surprised! I have several friends who are bald and a few of them really don't care but those same friends were usually the overweight, blue collar worker type. They think worrying about hair loss is "girly".

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
You would be surprised! I have several friends who are bald and a few of them really don't care but those same friends were usually the overweight, blue collar worker type. They think worrying about hair loss is "girly".
I don't think there's a man out there who doesn't care. Specially any young man

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's a man out there who doesn't care. Specially any young man
yeah man, I'm sure deep down it really hurts them. With hair loss, you always look worse than when you did when you had good hair. People who have never experienced hair loss just don't truly understand.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't realize how sacred hair is to your over all happiness until you start loosing it.

I am willing to spend additional thousands ontop of what I have spent already to maintain my hair. I have already spent close to 15,000 CAD on two transplants.
What is your hairloss and hair transplant history?

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah man, I'm sure deep down it really hurts them. With hair loss, you always look worse than when you did when you had good hair. People who have never experienced hair loss just don't truly understand.

It's true. My patient advisor for my transplant made a good point. This isn't really surgery to improve our looks like almost all other cosmetic surgeries. It's just to get us back to how we to used to look... hairloss robs you of your identity.

It's not fair.

shookwun

Reaction score
What is your hairloss and hair transplant history?
I have restored myself to a full head of hair, however I still suffer from diffuse.

I will more then likely need to have my entire scalp reinforced in the future, but as of now I am doing alright.

Had one procedure to restore my entire frontal third, then another to provide more angle closure at the temples, reinforce the sides, and construct temple points.

I will admit the second surgery was a bit out of vanity. it wasn't necessary, however I didn't like the look of having parallel sides equivalent to a NW7. Throws off my facial harmony when your sides are going all the way to your god damn ears. makes the forehead look big.

Next procedure within the next five years I am thinking about having 3000 grafts spread across my entire scalp for density, and lowering the hairline on the angles near temple by 1/4 inch. So it matches the middle of my hairline better. I find the widows peak hairline is a bit high on the angles. near temple, all though the middle is where I ideally would like my hairline to be lowered to.

shookwun

Reaction score
It's true. My patient advisor for my transplant made a good point. This isn't really surgery to improve our looks like almost all other cosmetic surgeries. It's just to get us back to how we to used to look... hairloss robs you of your identity.

It's not fair.
that's precisely what we are trying to achieve. it isn't about enhancing our looks on a level of vanity, but to restore our former selves.

hair restoration is an emotional investment.

People talk about it costing thousands, but when we add up the milage, and benefit we recieve the cost is literally pennies in comparison.

let's put into perspective that we have two procedures within the next 10 years to restore our scalps, and add density. Is 15-20,000 realy that much? I don't think spending 1.5-2,000 a year is anything. If you cannot afford that, then perhaps you should reconsider your career, and possibly go back to school. It's peanuts for the benefits.

Of course you will hear about the 'well you still loose hair' With the right surgeon, a long term plan, and mapping can be built around your hair loss. hair loss is progressive, and unpredictable, but you can still bald gracefully with the right technique. Take Fred for example, had he not had that FUE he would be bald, and miserable. Additional work will be needed on him, but he can bald gracefully with additional transplants to give him coverage all over. Even when his donor is depleted, he can continue to shave, and still have the frame, and coverage across his entire scalp. That's the worse case scenario, idealy we want to maintain all our native hair, reinforce, and add density all over. Point being, is Fred will not be bald, he will still have the appearance of hair on top which beats being bald with no frame whatsoever.

But if you go this route you inevitably need to accept the fact that additional work will need to be done. if you think you will just need your temples restored, you're f*****g delusional, and we be left looking like crusty the clown. If you don't have the finances, then ....that sucks.

Dont get me started on wigs. It's not viable, and is absolute bullshit to deal with.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
that's precisely what we are trying to achieve. it isn't about enhancing our looks on a level of vanity, but to restore our former selves.

hair restoration is an emotional investment.

People talk about it costing thousands, but when we add up the milage, and benefit we recieve the cost is literally pennies in comparison.

let's put into perspective that we have two procedures within the next 10 years to restore our scalps, and add density. Is 15-20,000 realy that much? I don't think spending 1.5-2,000 a year is anything. If you cannot afford that, then perhaps you should reconsider your career, and possibly go back to school. It's peanuts for the benefits.

Of course you will hear about the 'well you still loose hair' With the right surgeon, a long term plan, and mapping can be built around your hair loss. hair loss is progressive, and unpredictable, but you can still bald gracefully with the right technique. Take Fred for example, had he not had that FUE he would be bald, and miserable. Additional work will be needed on him, but he can bald gracefully with additional transplants to give him coverage all over. Even when his donor is depleted, he can continue to shave, and still have the frame, and coverage across his entire scalp. That's the worse case scenario, idealy we want to maintain all our native hair, reinforce, and add density all over. Point being, is Fred will not be bald, he will still have the appearance of hair on top which beats being bald with no frame whatsoever.

But if you go this route you inevitably need to accept the fact that additional work will need to be done. if you think you will just need your temples restored, you're f*****g delusional, and we be left looking like crusty the clown. If you don't have the finances, then ....that sucks.

Dont get me started on wigs. It's not viable, and is absolute bullshit to deal with.

I agree one hundred percent. I was told I will have enough donor left over to cover my scalp minus the crown due to my retrograde minimizing my donor slightly.

I'm well aware another procedure will be needed down the line and Im in a good career and am lucky enough to be in the position to be able to afford this one and another down the road. I plan on maintaining what I have now with everything in me lol.

And like you said, if the time comes I need to shave er off, I will have a framed face which is number one for me.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have restored myself to a full head of hair, however I still suffer from diffuse.

I will more then likely need to have my entire scalp reinforced in the future, but as of now I am doing alright.

Had one procedure to restore my entire frontal third, then another to provide more angle closure at the temples, reinforce the sides, and construct temple points.

I will admit the second surgery was a bit out of vanity. it wasn't necessary, however I didn't like the look of having parallel sides equivalent to a NW7. Throws off my facial harmony when your sides are going all the way to your god damn ears. makes the forehead look big.

Next procedure within the next five years I am thinking about having 3000 grafts spread across my entire scalp for density, and lowering the hairline on the angles near temple by 1/4 inch. So it matches the middle of my hairline better. I find the widows peak hairline is a bit high on the angles. near temple, all though the middle is where I ideally would like my hairline to be lowered to.
What do you think about SMP for density effect? try the temporary one first.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

I had a friend who was constantly mocked for his hair loss to the point it was pretty much his identity. Dude bought a brand new car way outside his means, but when the topic of transplants came up, he was like, "those are expensive." Yet the price would still be a fraction of what his vehicle cost

New car will likely lose its fresh appeal within 6 months, while transplanting back to fullhead = positive influence on countless aspects of your life for years to come

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
The temporary one should be your only choice.

If something goes wrong with the permanent one, you'll be in for a lot of pain and a lot of lost money.

I see SMP as a last resort if you're one of the unlucky ones who sees his donor thin out.

I'll do anything in my power to keep that frame around my face.

SMP, beard hair, anything. Except antiandrogens since they make me grow boobs.

Didn't you have your gyno removed with surgery? I thought manboobs were no longer a possibility after this

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If something goes wrong with the permanent one, you'll be in for a lot of pain and a lot of lost money.

I see SMP as a last resort if you're one of the unlucky ones who sees his donor thin out.

I have no donor issues I simply want to thicken up some of my thinning areas which are not thin enough for a transplant.

Yes the color will fade a bit, but you can still have touch up sessions. I have yet to see a real SMP horror story from a reputable institute.

Highlander from BTT that you may remember had gyno issues and surgery, he still did fine on finasteride. You have to expect that you'll reach your final genetic destination without finasteride, but with a good donor zone and things like SMP you may be able to have a legit lifelong plan.

shookwun

Reaction score
I had a friend who was constantly mocked for his hair loss to the point it was pretty much his identity. Dude bought a brand new car way outside his means, but when the topic of transplants came up, he was like, "those are expensive." Yet the price would still be a fraction of what his vehicle cost

New car will likely lose its fresh appeal within 6 months, while transplanting back to fullhead = positive influence on countless aspects of your life for years to come
It's a good emotional, and career investment.

Especially for people in image conscious type of environments, looking good, and having a full head of hair can make all the difference on your performance. Some people have a difficult time being there best when they have low self-esteem, and not everyone can deal with that. Having hair can make a big difference in the work place, and how others treat you.

Not everyone operates this way, but I would imagine almost all of you, including myself need hair to feel good about ourselves. Not everyone can power through the emotions, and work with what they were given. Hair truly is a sacred entity to everyone happiness, and I can admit i need that leverage. When I look at my father, he's stronger then me. He went the hair piece route, but then transitioned towards accepting his fate as a bald man. Every time I see him, he's always busy, doing errands, and enjoying life. I wish I could feel that way, but unfortunately hair loss destroys every enjoyment out of me. it makes me very self conscious, and I don't think I can ever over look that. I don't know how he always has a smile on his face, id imagine living your life through your children, having a house paid off, and a good job helps.

Last edited:

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score

It's not fair.
Well put. Especially if you had a good head of hair previously, you see how the world treats you differently when you start losing your hairline. It's not pretty to say the least. When people say man up and shave your head, they are the same exact people who look down upon and ridicule bald people or just flat out ignore them.

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score

The frame of your face is everything. You could have a bald spot at the back of your head, but once you lose that hair line, that's when you get the "Oh sh*t, you're balding" statements from girls