Do you want to have kids?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
It's always good (but rare) to hear about guys like you who are "coming to terms" with their own hair loss.
My old insecurities did not let me do so.

Incidently I noticed you are using topical finasteride.
If you could share what your thinking behind this choice was I would appreciate it.
Maybe you'll start a new thread in the personal account section of the forum? If you'ld like and at your convenience only. Thanks

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothings working so that should not be any sacrifice. So decent of you to look out for all my not yet conceived children Wolf. Do you baby sit too? (-:

Your transplant will be permanent one day :) I'm afraid I don't have much experience with babies, over 5s is cool!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Should we call you Ha(i)rry Poppins?
Thanks for the nice gesture, however my retrograde (alopecia)is hitting me hard. );

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Should we call you Ha(i)rry Poppins?
Thanks for the nice gesture, however my retrograde (alopecia)is hitting me hard. );

A spoon full of finasteride. You sure you have retro? A lot of people think they do but it's not the case.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I.D WALKER, have you ever taken Finasteride? If you have, are you currently on it? How's the current state of your hair? Personally I'm not very aware of your case about your hair loss and treatments, I'm interested to know.

s.a.f. was classic

one of his last posts talked about getting a nice girlfriend. so i think he is a lot happier and decided to leave this place :p

That's neat about s.a.f, he sure seemed to be quite a dedicated member on here. Good for him he was able to get a nice girlfriend according to the last posts he made during the last times they were active on here.

In general, what was s.a.f like?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Hello my friend!
Yes I took finasteride for over 2 years. This was a few years back.
Acquired some tenderness in left breast about 18 months on finasteride. This persisted intermittently another 6 months.
Subsequently had a mammogram and from there a lump(benign) removed.
Unsure if finasteride. was related.

I never saw improvement from finasteride. use and therefore dropped it.
To be fair I did not take into account it's maintenance value att.

Now minoxidil. is not doing anything either (nothing discernable).
Hair loss still progressing.
Frontal virtually destroyed, mid anterior getting blown to smithereens while I type.
My crown is finally showing miniaturization, but at a glance is still pretty intact?

More pronounceable sides and nape thinning/miniaturization as well. Looks like combinational male pattern baldness + Retrograde to me.
I must get pics out sometime soon. If I thought it would change things for me (for better) I might have had them out sooner.
Thanx for your care and concern. Your input is always a pleasure.

LeBronJames

Banned
Reaction score
You guys should really check out the Research section, there are lots going on. Agustin actually just posted an interesting question on the General sub-forum. Check it out.
The Big Three is expanding. Soon it will be like the Big 8 or something lol

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I.D WALKER, have you ever taken Finasteride? If you have, are you currently on it? How's the current state of your hair? Personally I'm not very aware of your case about your hair loss and treatments, I'm interested to know.

That's neat about s.a.f, he sure seemed to be quite a dedicated member on here. Good for him he was able to get a nice girlfriend according to the last posts he made during the last times they were active on here.

In general, what was s.a.f like?
he was calm and reasonable later on but in the earlier days he was more depressed

kinda like me i feel lol

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
You're right and I'm watching it regularly. I sure hope we get some encouragement from the good guys trialing Seti. I've been balding for sometime now (NW4-5) so I don't much believe there's any promise for me cosmetically going the non-surgical route.
You guys should really check out the Research section, there are lots going on. Agustin actually just posted an interesting question on the General sub-forum. Check it out.
The Big Three is expanding. Soon it will be like the Big 8 or something lol

LeBronJames

Banned
Reaction score
You're right and I'm watching it regularly. I sure hope we get some encouragement from the good guys trialing Seti. I've been balding for sometime now (NW4-5) so I don't much believe there's any promise for me cosmetically going the non-surgical route.
Yeah, I'm getting it. I made my choice due to the fact that I know I will regret it if I don't try it. At first, I was concerned about the safety of it. Then, It was the high expense. But now, I'm just concerned about living my life to the fullest. And right now, a fullhead will really make my life a whole lot better.
So wish me luck!!

bestglycol

Reaction score
I want to say something. It is melodramatic to complain about your parents when they gave you a pretty common genetic trait.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Heres to your good luck then!
Yeah, I'm getting it. I made my choice due to the fact that I know I will regret it if I don't try it. At first, I was concerned about the safety of it. Then, It was the high expense. But now, I'm just concerned about living my life to the fullest. And right now, a fullhead will really make my life a whole lot better.
So wish me luck!!

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello my friend!
Yes I took finasteride for over 2 years. This was a few years back.
Acquired some tenderness in left breast about 18 months on finasteride. This persisted intermittently another 6 months.
Subsequently had a mammogram and from there a lump(benign) removed.
Unsure if finasteride. was related.

I never saw improvement from finasteride. use and therefore dropped it.
To be fair I did not take into account it's maintenance value att.

Now minoxidil. is not doing anything either (nothing discernable).
Hair loss still progressing.
Frontal virtually destroyed, mid anterior getting blown to smithereens while I type.
My crown is finally showing miniaturization, but at a glance is still pretty intact?

More pronounceable sides and nape thinning/miniaturization as well. Looks like combinational male pattern baldness + Retrograde to me.
I must get pics out sometime soon. If I thought it would change things for me (for better) I might have had them out sooner.
Thanx for your care and concern. Your input is always a pleasure.

I'm sorry your experience with Finasteride and Minoxidil wasn't successful I.D WALKER. :sad:

From what you described, you've lost most of your hair at the front, your mid-anterior is going as well, and your crown is showing miniaturization. It seems like we might have the same pattern of hair loss. I'm thinning all on top in a Norwood 6 pattern, though the front has been affected the most, then my crown, and my mid-scalp. I do in fact have retrograde alopecia, and I have thinning behind my ears and on my nape. I've had thoughts about applying Minoxidil to those two areas, but I'm not sure if it's worth it since it seems the hair loss in those areas have stabilized being on Dutasteride, so I'll leave as it is for now.

It will be nice if you decide to share pics of your hair so we'd know where it's at. I'm glad you appreciate my input. :)

Take care my friend! :heart:

he was calm and reasonable later on but in the earlier days he was more depressed

kinda like me i feel lol

I'm glad to know s.a.f improved later on. There's no doubt he contributed heavily to this forum. It would be an interesting surprise if he ever comes back and we know how he's doing nowadays.

Don't worry Exodus2011, you're doing better. I can tell that from the content of your posts lately, and so are others on here noting the same thing.

Take care and stay strong. :sun:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
So wish me luck!!

where can you get it?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In fact, and this might come across as melodramatic, but I sometimes think that my Dad was selfish when he decided to have children. I mean for all my Dad has did for me (and it is a lot) he has passed on a condition which negatively impacts on my quality of life and all round well-being. Sometimes I just think why did you bother?

When I first saw this comment, before I registered, I thought ****, I don't want to be anywhere near these people. What an awful thing to write, it's hilariously shameful too.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I first saw this comment, before I registered, I thought ****, I don't want to be anywhere near these people. What an awful thing to write, it's hilariously shameful too.

how so?
Remember in your parents day they werent FLOODED with the impact of physical attraction we are today. They didnt have the internet and TV THRUSTING thick heads of hair and perfect bodies at you. Granted I doubt they knew the turn society would take but in the end was it worth it. Honestly I let my pops know his choice is an aggravating one. Its worse to be the only sibling losing his hair. He knows it sucks because the assswhole never takes off his hat, even in the house.
Youre condemned to a life of pissing money away to feel good about yourself. You are basically a forced junky, hooked on minoxidil, finasteride, Hair Transplants, SHAMPOOS, wigs, concealers etc etc. Or you just shave it off, be ugly and live watching all your non bald friends and family have fun hooking up and loving sexual attention. Hell even with all the treatments youre still last choice, you are the "fat friend" now. Unless you are UNGODLY tall and handsome, if you are losing your hair you are NOT a womans first choice in a social environment. Ive literally watched ANY attention Ive gotten from the opposite sex leave the room the second my brother walked in. This NEVER happened when I had hair, it was quite reverse.
So technically I find your comment to be a pretty awful thing to write. Unless you are
1) ungodly ugly and take NO care of yourself and find lack luster women attractive
2) one of those super good looking tall bald guys who still doesnt have an issue.

I honestly think I was a way for my pops to anchor my ma down. She already had one kid when they met so I cant see how he would have decided to pursue that if he was AT ALL a "catch".

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
In related news:

Jaxon-Strong.jpg

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/01/health/baby-born-without-complete-skull-turns-1/index.html

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

so they had the option to not carry to term yet still did KNOWING the kid would have serious issues and not live a normal life. THATS selfishness at its prime. Its funny most old cultures usually put down their unnatural births because they KNEW they could not survive in the harsh world and would drag down the rest of the group.
THAT outlook got us to where we are today. Now we have liberal whimpering minds and ultra conservatives who would NEVER see that as beneficial and the world is regressing because of it. We need a super virus and fresh start.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score