Do you notice every single guys hair line?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't mean "single" guys, I mean every single one of them.

Guy just gave me a delivery to sign for, brief exchange, he could have been mid 30s or 40, and now I just realised he might have been NW3 or even NW4, but I didn't realise.

Definitely in younger guys I'll always notice. I dunno.

Sans Hair

Reaction score
Not so much the younger guys but the older (50+) ones. I sometimes look at them and how I lost all of mine at 24 and they have all of theirs at 84. The old gits!

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
At the very least I do a quick scan of pretty much everyone's hair status, since I became aware.

I don't think about norwood levels but depending on the amount of hair they have:

Thick NW1: "Lucky bastard, look how thick that is, I used to have hair like that just a few years ago..."
Beginnings of hair loss: "He's got it too... hope you're on treatments buddy."
NW3 or so: "Damn...can't let it get to this point."
NW5 and above: "I'm... I'm sorry... god I hope finasteride works for me."

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
At the very least I do a quick scan of pretty much everyone's hair status, since I became aware.

I don't think about norwood levels but depending on the amount of hair they have:

Thick NW1: "Lucky bastard, look how thick that is, I used to have hair like that just a few years ago..."
Beginnings of hair loss: "He's got it too... hope you're on treatments buddy."
NW3 or so: "Damn...can't let it get to this point."
NW5 and above: "I'm... I'm sorry... god I hope finasteride works for me."

Yeah sort of this I suppose, I imagine I might cut down on it if I reach a state of assurance but while anything is possible with my hair (for the first few months of treatment when you don't know if it will work or not) I will always be thinking about it, and consequently other people's.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha, whatevr.

Norwood 1/2 thick strong hair- "You lucky, ****. You don't even realize how luck you are. You can live life to the max and all you need to do is drop a bit of wax or water in your hair and you are good to go"

Norwood 3 thick "Ah, you still have some left. Now use it the best way you can. Grow it out on top with shorter sides. Don't need to go for super thin sides, but at least have some more on top than at the sides. The hair is thick too, so it'll be unnoticeable to most people. Also it being thick, you can get away with wearing beanies/hats if it's extremely windy.''

Norwood 4 thin "You poor bastard! Trying your hardest to be a NW3 but you need a **** load of concealer to pull that off. It can work to an extent, but concealear will make your life more work than just shaving it''

Norwood 5 and beyond "I admire you for not giving a ****, but surely it looks better shaved down than the thinning strands popping out. You officially can no longer way anything relevant other than a polyester sweater and jeans. If you wear a skater, surfer - you'll end up looking like you are 'trying too hard'. And you poor ****. Now comes the 'Oh! Are you only 27? I thought you were older'.

Shaved head "Some form of freedom. And the stress of potions, lotions and motions is gone, but you will still miss hair. You'll see people who look similar to you (who have hair) and wonder if that could have been you. Yet you will always be the bald guy beit from Kelly Slater to Uncle Fester - your chimp friends can not see your face, beautiful eyes, or perfect teeth and you may well have an attractive face, it's that you have no hair - so it won't click. You have no hair, so it's the first thing everyone will notice and say, strangely your friends with the massive bald spot or thinning hair will be immune from being known as a 'baldie' whilst you are around.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I always find it quite amusing looking at other guys hairline, I find most of the time especially in young guys they either have perfect nw1 hairlines or seem to be severely balding. I see often lucky bastards who are perhaps in their 40's with nw2-3's who don't realise how luck they are lol. I sometimes wish I could talk to the nw4-5's and tell them about the available treatments, minoxidil can regrow an entire hairline for some. Minoxidil is underrated for how much work it can do.

I'm 21 still a NW2 I guess. With a lot of thinning on my left side, its going to **** pretty much; any of you hair loss sufferers would notice my hairloss.

The moment I lost my temples, it was all over for me :(

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup. It pisses me off when I see older guys with NW1s. Both of my grandfathers died before I was born and they were NW7s, and now both of my step grandfathers are NW1s. Sucks to be 19 and have worse hair then your step grandfather

I usually notice if a younger guy is balding, and it's even more noticeable when they try to cover it up.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Yup. It pisses me off when I see older guys with NW1s. Both of my grandfathers died before I was born and they were NW7s, and now both of my step grandfathers are NW1s. Sucks to be 19 and have worse hair then your step grandfather

I usually notice if a younger guy is balding, and it's even more noticeable when they try to cover it up.

Depends how they cover it up really, I see loads of guys who just style their hair downwards to cover the hairline, that can work for some up to NW3 but really starts to get noticeable once your pushing NW2.5, luckily I caught it so now I style my hair to cover the hairline and it feels like it's gotten easier to cover up, like even if it goes bad I still don't really look like I have a receding hairline, just a fivehead lol. In the past if it went to **** I WOULD look receding and had to go fix it ASAP hence constant mirror glances. Basically anyone with the hairline down could be up to NW2.5 and it may not be noticeable. Crown is another story though...

shookwun

Reaction score
I do, but I don't focus on them. From afar I will snipe their norwood level, but in close proximity I speak to them not their hair

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
male pattern baldness is just a brutal genetic cheap shot.

The thing that kills me the most is when I see some sloppy fat full-head who's taking all kinds of medication for diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. because he's such a clueless, undisciplined loser.

Always think to myself ... you bloated piece of sh*t, you don't f*ckin' deserve that full head...

blackg

Reaction score
This will sound harsh, but were I live, close by is a centre for retarded people. I see them out walking around through town sometimes. Anyway.. there is this retarded man who must be pushing 40... and you guessed it. He has a perfect hairline!!
Not much of a style going on (duh), but he's got a lot to work with.

crowngarden

Reaction score
Since my problem is the back of my head and not the front. I tend to stare at the back of guy's heads when I'm behind them in line. I get really envious of guy's who have a full swirl going on. Even if they're balding up front.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
I look at everyones hairlines, even women's. The majority of them have no idea how lucky they are. But I started noticing hair thinning in women now that I am aware of the problem. Before I just thought all of them had a full head of hair.

blackg

Reaction score
Noticing guys hairlines is a recipe for self loathing and anger.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've started to notice that a lot of women, even younger girls, often have bad hairlines or thin hair. They don't have male pattern baldness of course, lucky them, but you'd be surprised how thin many women's hair actually is or how high their hairline is... I even see women who would easily classify as diffuse NW2 sometimes...

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have actually noticed it on some young woman. Saw this one girl in the city with diffuse all over the top and an extremely wide part.

shookwun

Reaction score
I noticed a lot more women suffer hair loss then you think. still nothing in comparison to men but some food for thought.

That being said, I would never consider a women who is balding. I don't expect them to want a man who's balding either.

jd_uk

Reaction score
I noticed a lot more women suffer hair loss then you think. still nothing in comparison to men but some food for thought.

That being said, I would never consider a women who is balding. I don't expect them to want a man who's balding either.

What a sad and pretty pathetic attitude.

shookwun

Reaction score
lol how is that sad and pathetic?

Some people have a hard time accepting reality, and preference in the dating world.

I guess it's sad that majority of women wouldn't consider a balding male. They are so pathetic, because they don't find bald men attractive. :innocent: Are they obligated to be with someone they don't find attractive?

christinethoma

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people have a hard time accepting reality, and preference in the dating world.

I guess it's sad that majority of women wouldn't consider a balding male. They are so pathetic, because they don't find bald men attractive. :innocent: Are they obligated to be with someone they don't find attractive?

100% True! Can't agree to you more