Do you guys see progress?!

Lito2

Reaction score
Picture update

I have tried to recreate my original images of my hairline. The top image is current and the bottom image is from October 2015. To expose my temples I combed my hair back and towards the middle. Think I have def gotten some growth, and if nothing else I definitely haven't gotten worse. Feel free to share your opinions!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 896

SciroccoWagen

Reaction score
Your hairline looks a lot better.

g.i joey

Reaction score
wow, solid gains man, def thicker and more hair generally in the frontal region, solid success. Id be so happy if i got the regrowth you did.

Lito2

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Still shedding, but it seems to be lessening as the weeks progress - definitely still in a shed though. I go to my hair Doctor next Friday, and we are going to do a hair count again, as well as compare the initial images I took of my hair in his office. Kinda nervous that he's going to be like "well, ****s gotten worse for you. Looks like your doomed". Haha.

BackSoThickHoesWantTheTip

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Still shedding, but it seems to be lessening as the weeks progress - definitely still in a shed though. I go to my hair Doctor next Friday, and we are going to do a hair count again, as well as compare the initial images I took of my hair in his office. Kinda nervous that he's going to be like "well, ****s gotten worse for you. Looks like your doomed". Haha.
what do you mean by hair count?

g.i joey

Reaction score
not a chance in hell you're lower than baseline. the way i see it is, if finasteride works by helping your hairline, it works pretty damn well for you. Most people on finasteride see regrowth and tehickening of vertex, but when the hairline makes gains is when you know you're a solid responder.

Lito2

Reaction score
Haha. Thanks Joey. In my mind I am losing ground - especially when I hit sheds. But, if I look and base line pics and compare them to today, that is when I notice I am not as bad as I once was. Without before and after pictures id definitely be freaking out.

As for hair counts: the doctor uses a small device that's one inch squared, and he pulls hairs through it and it shows how many hairs per square inch. This is done in 6 separate places; on left temple, right temple, two times in the middle of the scalp, on the crown, and then on the base of skull (safe zone from male pattern baldness). Also, he uses a small camera to observe the miniaturization. Prior to starting finasteride in November I had baseline measurements, miniaturization test, as well as baseline pictures of my hairline taken. He will do all of these tests over again, and we will cross reference them against the baseline. I will do this every six months to track progress.

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't believe there are any folks here who can't see improvement. It looks night and day different. So much improvement. Your hairline looks great. Keep doing what you're doing, brother.

Asher

Lito2

Reaction score
first 3 months of use I was very inconsistent with finasteride due to sides. I was taking .25mg EOD and sometimes I would go 3 to 4 days without taking it. Since getting the sides under control in January of this year I started to take 1.25mg daily. I have noticed a decrease in shedding, but it's not consistent. I have taken before and after pics, but can't tell a difference in some of them or I think I'm biased - as I'm looking for improvements. I need non biased opinions. Do you guys see improvement?!

The first two pictures are from October of 2015, and the others are from April 2016
View attachment 40043View attachment 40042View attachment 40044View attachment 40045View attachment 40046View attachment 40047

On May 27th I visited my hair Doctor again for the first time in 6months. We redid the basic I tests such as measure density, miniaturization mapping, and compared side by side photos taken in November vs current. Needless to say, the improvements were obivious on all tests - gains have been made. Nothing drastic, but it improved. After this appointment I opted to buzz my head to a number 3 to keep myself from counting hairs, and worrying about my hairloss. I have chosen to forgo minoxidil for now, and have just added trichomin shampoo and conditioner. Since shaving my head I have felt a lot better, and don't think about my hair all that often. I wish o would have buzzed it a year ago! I was initially really scared and thought it would make my thining and frontal recession more noticeable, but it intact did the opposite.

update 6/5/16:

I buzzed my head to a number 3 two weeks ago. Here are pictures of what it looks like

UPDATE 12/22/16:

I have been taking a full recommended dose of finsateride for almost a year - 11 months to be exact. I have been absent for some time, because I have had "success"; seldomly thinking about my hair Now. I attribute most of my "success" to the fact that I shaved my head, and I happen to look half decent with the buzz cut. But, another part of my success is definitely attributed to finasteride. I haven't made much in terms of gains, but I have definitely maintained over the course of a year. Any breast pain and or side effects that I once experienced from dosing finasteride have been absent for 9+ months, thus I take my pill daily without reservation or much thought. The minor increase in gyno is still present, and I assume will be until I get it surgically removed. But, it also hasn't gotten any bigger since the first few months on finasteride. Anyway, I am posting this update because I recall how frustrated I got during my "bald crisis" when I'd discover posts without follow ups. I have had my head shaved to a number one for the past 6-7 months, so comparison pics are difficult. Here is the only one I could find where my hair was longer than a "buz". Merry Xmas all! It gets better. Good luck with your regimens!

Bump: Read update on initial post

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bump: Read update on initial post
I havent been on these boards in a while...but hot damn!
When i return & see threads like these, it really keeps me motivated to keep going with treatment.
Your updated pics (12/22) look f*****g fantastic. That buzzcut looks legendary. Low hairline, great edges & strong temples.
Man, I pray for that hairline. Hopefully it'll be my Christmas gift.:p
Congrats brother

Caffeineandstudies

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep up the good work dude! Did you notice shedding in the beginning of the treatment and if so - when exactly?

Btw, how old are you?

Lito2

Reaction score
Keep up the good work dude! Did you notice shedding in the beginning of the treatment and if so - when exactly?

Btw, how old are you?

Oh ya! A lot of shedding. So much so that it was disturbing and quite stressful. But, I can't contribute it to finasteride alone. I'm sure I was losing a great deal of hair prior to starting finasteride, and only started noticing it when I started treatment. I also started rogaine first (but stopped), which resulted in the most shedding. But, the shedding caused me to buzz my head, as I was becoming obsessive about counting it and looking for it. It sucked. The shedding seemed to come and go - some months were better than others. But, after the first month on treatment is when it became too much to handle. Haha. So, I shaved my head. Can't count hairs if you can't see them right? Haha. I'm almost 30 yrs old. My advice, expect shedding in cycles. Expect for your hair to look good a majority of the time on treatment, but prepare to have shitty days and months, as your hair sheds in cycles. Really, avoid looking for shedding. Ultimately, if your hair looks better and you appear to be maintaining - then the amount of hairs you shed are irrelevant. I got caught up in the "do you shed a lot" conversations and it only led to depression and obsession. Shaving my head was the best thing I've done. As it allowed me to accept being bald, took my mind off shedding, and permitted me to move on with my life.

zarazakka

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh ya! A lot of shedding. So much so that it was disturbing and quite stressful. But, I can't contribute it to finasteride alone. I'm sure I was losing a great deal of hair prior to starting finasteride, and only started noticing it when I started treatment. I also started rogaine first (but stopped), which resulted in the most shedding. But, the shedding caused me to buzz my head, as I was becoming obsessive about counting it and looking for it. It sucked. The shedding seemed to come and go - some months were better than others. But, after the first month on treatment is when it became too much to handle. Haha. So, I shaved my head. Can't count hairs if you can't see them right? Haha. I'm almost 30 yrs old. My advice, expect shedding in cycles. Expect for your hair to look good a majority of the time on treatment, but prepare to have shitty days and months, as your hair sheds in cycles. Really, avoid looking for shedding. Ultimately, if your hair looks better and you appear to be maintaining - then the amount of hairs you shed are irrelevant. I got caught up in the "do you shed a lot" conversations and it only led to depression and obsession. Shaving my head was the best thing I've done. As it allowed me to accept being bald, took my mind off shedding, and permitted me to move on with my life.

Good post mate, exactly what my thoughts are regarding treatments and shedding. You will shed, everyone sheds but syncing due to treatments may make them worse than normal, and there will be times your hair looks worse than others, but the important thing is your hair over time is getting better rather than worse. I also used to obsess over shed hairs, picking them out of my hair in the rear view mirror etc, and buzzing your hair massively helps forget about it and move on. Only then do you realise what a minor part of your life hair loss is and you can put everything in perspective. You've had great results and good to hear it's continuing to get better still!

Caffeineandstudies

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip dude, I will definitely stop counting my falling hairs from now on haha. It is kinda funny how I am thinking exactly like you that I should probably shave so I wouldn't be so bothered about falling hairs.

Lito2

Reaction score
What is up with that last picture? Looks like you put a LOT of concealer on there.
Haha! Well, I guess I'll take that as a compliment. Absolutely zero concealer. There are always some skeptics I guess.