Do you guys see progress?! | Page 2 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Do you guys see progress?!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Lito2, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Lito2

Lito2 Member

Dislikes Received:
  2. Popikaify

Popikaify Member

Dislikes Received:
    Lol its a huge improvement on temples.Congrats

3. Lito2

Lito2 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Picture update

I have tried to recreate my original images of my hairline. The top image is current and the bottom image is from October 2015. To expose my temples I combed my hair back and towards the middle. Think I have def gotten some growth, and if nothing else I definitely haven't gotten worse. Feel free to share your opinions!

Attached Files:

4. SciroccoWagen

SciroccoWagen New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Your hairline looks a lot better.

5. g.i joey

g.i joey Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    wow, solid gains man, def thicker and more hair generally in the frontal region, solid success. Id be so happy if i got the regrowth you did.

6. Lito2

Lito2 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. Still shedding, but it seems to be lessening as the weeks progress - definitely still in a shed though. I go to my hair Doctor next Friday, and we are going to do a hair count again, as well as compare the initial images I took of my hair in his office. Kinda nervous that he's going to be like "well, ****s gotten worse for you. Looks like your doomed". Haha.

7. BackSoThickHoesWantTheTip

BackSoThickHoesWantTheTip Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    what do you mean by hair count?

8. g.i joey

g.i joey Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    not a chance in hell you're lower than baseline. the way i see it is, if finasteride works by helping your hairline, it works pretty damn well for you. Most people on finasteride see regrowth and tehickening of vertex, but when the hairline makes gains is when you know you're a solid responder.

9. Lito2

Lito2 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Haha. Thanks Joey. In my mind I am losing ground - especially when I hit sheds. But, if I look and base line pics and compare them to today, that is when I notice I am not as bad as I once was. Without before and after pictures id definitely be freaking out.

As for hair counts: the doctor uses a small device that's one inch squared, and he pulls hairs through it and it shows how many hairs per square inch. This is done in 6 separate places; on left temple, right temple, two times in the middle of the scalp, on the crown, and then on the base of skull (safe zone from male pattern baldness). Also, he uses a small camera to observe the miniaturization. Prior to starting finasteride in November I had baseline measurements, miniaturization test, as well as baseline pictures of my hairline taken. He will do all of these tests over again, and we will cross reference them against the baseline. I will do this every six months to track progress.

10. attic

attic New Member

Dislikes Received:
    looks good

11. Zescho

Zescho New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Looks fine

12. Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I can't believe there are any folks here who can't see improvement. It looks night and day different. So much improvement. Your hairline looks great. Keep doing what you're doing, brother.

Asher

13. Lito2

Lito2 Member

Dislikes Received:

Bump: Read update on initial post

14. transam

transam Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I havent been on these boards in a while...but hot damn!
    When i return & see threads like these, it really keeps me motivated to keep going with treatment.
    Your updated pics (12/22) look f*****g fantastic. That buzzcut looks legendary. Low hairline, great edges & strong temples.
    Man, I pray for that hairline. Hopefully it'll be my Christmas gift.:p
    Congrats brother

15. Lito2

Lito2 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Bump. See update 7/13/17

16. Caffeineandstudies

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Keep up the good work dude! Did you notice shedding in the beginning of the treatment and if so - when exactly?

Btw, how old are you?

17. Lito2

Lito2 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Oh ya! A lot of shedding. So much so that it was disturbing and quite stressful. But, I can't contribute it to finasteride alone. I'm sure I was losing a great deal of hair prior to starting finasteride, and only started noticing it when I started treatment. I also started rogaine first (but stopped), which resulted in the most shedding. But, the shedding caused me to buzz my head, as I was becoming obsessive about counting it and looking for it. It sucked. The shedding seemed to come and go - some months were better than others. But, after the first month on treatment is when it became too much to handle. Haha. So, I shaved my head. Can't count hairs if you can't see them right? Haha. I'm almost 30 yrs old. My advice, expect shedding in cycles. Expect for your hair to look good a majority of the time on treatment, but prepare to have shitty days and months, as your hair sheds in cycles. Really, avoid looking for shedding. Ultimately, if your hair looks better and you appear to be maintaining - then the amount of hairs you shed are irrelevant. I got caught up in the "do you shed a lot" conversations and it only led to depression and obsession. Shaving my head was the best thing I've done. As it allowed me to accept being bald, took my mind off shedding, and permitted me to move on with my life.

Caffeineandstudies likes this.
  18. zarazakka

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Good post mate, exactly what my thoughts are regarding treatments and shedding. You will shed, everyone sheds but syncing due to treatments may make them worse than normal, and there will be times your hair looks worse than others, but the important thing is your hair over time is getting better rather than worse. I also used to obsess over shed hairs, picking them out of my hair in the rear view mirror etc, and buzzing your hair massively helps forget about it and move on. Only then do you realise what a minor part of your life hair loss is and you can put everything in perspective. You've had great results and good to hear it's continuing to get better still!

19. Caffeineandstudies

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks for the tip dude, I will definitely stop counting my falling hairs from now on haha. It is kinda funny how I am thinking exactly like you that I should probably shave so I wouldn't be so bothered about falling hairs.

20. Lito2

Lito2 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Haha! Well, I guess I'll take that as a compliment. Absolutely zero concealer. There are always some skeptics I guess.