Do you ever cry?

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok let' face it most of us on these forums aren't really tough guys - if we had been we wouldn't be here. That said I have had some days when I have either just started laughing hysterically or sobbing a little upon seeing further progression of my hairloss - today was one of those days. I thought about it and the reason it actually brings tears to my eyes is because I realise that a part of me just died and I shall never see that part of me again. There is a new balder me standing in the mirror and that person will need to start living my life. Damn I really miss the old me!

Hey, I know it's not the most manly of things to do, but at least give me props for admitting it ;-)

Viper

barcafan

Reaction score
I cried a little (I'll admit) when i was first told about it by my hairdresser at ~16-17.

ali777

Reaction score
Nah....

I get tears in my eyes from other things but not because of my hair. Yes, I can be a little girl sometimes.

I was suffering from stress last year, and on top of that my ex-girlfriend decided to mess me up. She didn't give a sh*t about my stress, all she wanted was more attention and a promise of a wedding. Very selfish of her. I was pretty low, and I did cry a few times.

Now that she is out of the picture my life is getting back on track, and I can't see anything that can make me cry right now.

I think you should work on acceptance. Grieving is supposed to be part of acceptance, so you are on the right track. You are grieving the loss of your hair, eventually you will come to terms with it.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Viper, I started crying reading your post. Its very sad to read a part of you is gone. :sobbing: I know how you feel. I had to buy a home gym and workout at home because the change in my hair depressed me so, that I could not go to the gym in the morning with thinning bedhead hair. A few years ago, I was able to comb my bedhead hair and it look pretty decent but now I cannot do that anymore. I don't like hats to work out in so that was not an option. I went out to my local gym for the first time in the afternoon yesterday because my hair looks decent when its washed and styled. I noticed some of the regulars there have been thinning too. One young kid had to style his hair completely different because he used to have long thick blond hair but now its thinning out. But he has put on more muscle. I felt like the "old me" yesterday. It was a good feeling.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have never cried over my hairloss, I was mostly depressed and unhappy, I cry over more perosnal matters like the break up of a long term relationship, and even now I felt stupid as it was the best thing I did.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Lucky, I think now with your hair transplant you should feel better than before. You had very good results.

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel you DH! I really want to end it one way or the other - just sick and disgusted at how someting like hair has literally taken ove my life! Also frustrated at how all these snake oils get your hopes up only to let you down a few months later. Also I have no doubt anymore that bodybuilding/lifting increases shedding and hairloss. I took a few months off due to injury and my rate of loss slowed down a bit. Now that I am back lifting 4 times a week (gotta get ready for the beach and compensate for bald looks) I am losing more hair daily. But I NEED to workout to feel good....it's one of the only things I look forward to now. I ask myself every day: Why haven't they found a cure for hairloss yet? It's 2008 for crying out loud!

DoctorHouse said:
Viper, I started crying reading your post. Its very sad to read a part of you is gone. :sobbing: I know how you feel. I had to buy a home gym and workout at home because the change in my hair depressed me so, that I could not go to the gym in the morning with thinning bedhead hair. A few years ago, I was able to comb my bedhead hair and it look pretty decent but now I cannot do that anymore. I don't like hats to work out in so that was not an option. I went out to my local gym for the first time in the afternoon yesterday because my hair looks decent when its washed and styled. I noticed some of the regulars there have been thinning too. One young kid had to style his hair completely different because he used to have long thick blond hair but now its thinning out. But he has put on more muscle. I felt like the "old me" yesterday. It was a good feeling.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I cried when I saw through my hair in a not so bright light at the beginning of summer since to me it meant the end of the world yet I think I am doing better now because I am treating it instead of feeling like a sitting duck.

cruz

Reaction score
vipergts said:
That said I have had some days when I have either just started laughing hysterically or sobbing a little upon seeing further progression of my hairloss

I've not cried about it but somedays i do find myself laughing about it. More often then not it will happen just after i've had a haircut. I'll stand in front of the mirror and just start laughing at how bad the hairline now looks and how weak i am for not being able to deal with it.

ali777

Reaction score
cruz said:
I've not cried about it but somedays i do find myself laughing about it. More often then not it will happen just after i've had a haircut. I'll stand in front of the mirror and just start laughing at how bad the hairline now looks and how weak i am for not being able to deal with it.

I felt pretty bad the last time I had a haircut too.

Lucky_UK said:
I have never cried over my hairloss, I was mostly depressed and unhappy, I cry over more perosnal matters like the break up of a long term relationship, and even now I felt stupid as it was the best thing I did.

The same here. She wasn't worth it. I practically gave her my youth only to be stabbed in the back. She messed me up when I most needed support. I am forgetting, but not forgiving her. I woke up one morning and I told her enough is enough. That was the best decision I made in a very long time as well. She chased me for 6-7 months afterwards, but the damage was done.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah sometimes. I like to cry. Does that make me emo ..........................................metalheaddude?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I feel bad, when I think about my age and then that I have hopeless to fix and awful teeth, flatfeet, a backache, a very bad eyesight, an ugly face and a balding head. If I got my teeth to normal, I would let my regimen go and go bald full time.

s.a.f

Reaction score
vipergts said:
Ok let' face it most of us on these forums aren't really tough guys - if we had been we wouldn't be here.

Hmm good point. :blush:

I dont think I ever cried looking at my hairloss but I have to admit that the first night I ever Buzzed it all off and saw the new 'old' me I did. :blush: :blush: :blush: It was just the unfairness of it. I felt like my youth was gone before it had even begun.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amarant said:
I feel bad, when I think about my age and then that I have hopeless to fix and awful teeth, flatfeet, a backache, a very bad eyesight, an ugly face and a balding head. If I got my teeth to normal, I would let my regimen go and go bald full time.

What's wrong with your teeth?

t_awry

Reaction score
I cried at least once in direct response to consuming morbidity over hairloss. I was saddened, and infuriated over the seeming futility of "merely" trying to regain what was supposed to be a god-given normality: my(self). Ultimately, during the particular memory I'm recalling I grabbed a pair of scissors and started viciously cutting up my hair. :freak:

ali777

Reaction score
I feel like crying tonight :sobbing:

I'm fed up with work. I want a social life and a holiday :sobbing:

I did 40-50 mins of power walking today, apart from that I've been in front of the computer all day :sobbing:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
ghg said:
Amarant said:

What's wrong with your teeth?
They're too small for my wide face. Even the doctor said, they can't be fixed. I'm thinking of crowns, which are very expensive, so after that I will have no money for my hairloss anymore. But at least I will be happy with my looks, because there are still so many bald men :).

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't cry about it but I feel like utter sh!t about my hair, which is worse. I'll try to start crying for now on, it might make me feel better.

Ash

Reaction score
Yeah a little after I buzzed my head to 1/8" for the first time exposing my diffuse NW2 @ 18 years old. Mainly because I realized at that point that my hairloss was going to be extremely rapid unlike the rest of my balding family members.