Do You Believe In A Divine Power (life Is Hard)?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
the main reason i'm lazy is low self esteem. i remember i wasn't always lazy. but when i worked hard it was because i mentally masturbated about being considered a good person. now i'm like "meh i'm considered a moral person, but still low value. ehhhh not worth it".

It can become a cycle. You feel inferior so you work less. Doing less work means you become even more inferior. Cycle.

Last edited:

redpilled

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The biblical God is too human for me - he's quick to anger (e.g. killing 42 children because they laughed.....at a bald man.....2 Kings 2:23-25) and jealousy (can't worship other Gods).

We just have our mind and body and we have to use these two things to make the most of our lives.

I could pray to God to somehow reverse my balding, or I could work & save money, have a transplant + take finasteride and see how that goes. I did the latter because I live in the empirical five senses world. We can only affect what we can affect. Even saying that, we can try our best and still life fucks us over. It just is what it is. Just keep going, don't give up, and don't beat yourself up about what happens to you. Lots of bad things will happen to you and they're not your fault. There's an awful lot of dumb luck in this life (good and bad). Numbnut people will judge you unfairly about things that you aren't to blame for. Balding is a classic example. It's like a "fault" you have .... like "why did you decide to have that horseshoe thing with your hair?" - it's a perception people have....like you're to blame for it. Ugly and/or bald people are less liked, less trusted. Because this is bullshit, we just have to power on and make the best life we can for ourselves regardless of what this life throws at us.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Na man ,and I don't believe in karma either. I am not a fantastic person but I do treat others with respect and I'm generally nice to strangers that sort of thing . Genetics screwed me over big time - and not just with hairloss. Just in everything.

Then there are plenty of hot , tall guys who are complete assholes or just plain boring aka they only follow crowds , go to bars to drink , etc .

So yea no at least not in the way we are thinking of it.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Life has been lobbing potential grenades at me (mostly health, job, residence permit related).

At some point, I find myself appealing to a divine power, as things are just out of my control.

I grew up as an atheist, but as I grow older I find myself wishing for help from someone, something. Life is just too hard to go at it alone. This is the only time being single and no friends bothers me. It's just me and HairLossTalk.com.
I have never been religious but sometimes I still pray, I have no idea why but believing that there might be some higher power gives relief. I lost two close family members a year ago and after that I needed to believe, in a way. Still would not call myself religious, just open to the possibility :)

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe in the after life, not necessarily organised religion though. I've seen some compelling evidence about near death experiences and also some past life stories. I feel there is something.

Brain releasing tons of hormones and chemicals to cope on his ultimate journey, nothing to see here.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got a really pessimistic and cartesian point of view about after life, i can't just buy it and maybe i got it all wrong.
But i get that some people have to believe in a superior power, guiding them through this mess we call life, facing horrible facts, this can really help.
To me, we are not specials entities, just an utterly complex error of chemistry in the first place, just like every other species on this planet, and i admire nature perfection actually.Every species has his own purpose, influencing environment to regulate life in a big picture, like vultures feeding on rotting corpses and ultimately avoiding diseases to spread out whitout being aware of it, one of the most perfect example.
We are the only ones staggered from this principle, and all our ecosystem is paying the price of it, and we will too ultimately.
The fact is that we don't deserve this privilege, not even close.
Regarding religions, well, the principle of religion was invented by extremely intelligent men at an archaic time, who understood the inherent fear that comes with self-awareness and death, and decided to exploit it through very well written stories.
Each sentence is carefully thought out and every word is weighed.It's a beautiful job, but it's done to manipulate the crowds. Today it's just a brake on human evolution.
Death is a part of the evolutionary process, if there was a god or a superior entity, we would be immortal and perfect, but we are just a rotting pile of flesh, nothing is endless, even the Universe will come to an end, science has already observed his decaying

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Life has been lobbing potential grenades at me (mostly health, job, residence permit related).

At some point, I find myself appealing to a divine power, as things are just out of my control.

I grew up as an atheist, but as I grow older I find myself wishing for help from someone, something. Life is just too hard to go at it alone. This is the only time being single and no friends bothers me. It's just me and HairLossTalk.com.
You're a good human cap. I'm sorry you have to go through hell alone, wish i could help.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score

I've been a church goer my whole life (Catholic) and have had things happen that I think couldn't have been a coincidence - like there is more than what meets the eye in life.

Anywho rather than righting a novel, life isn't easy - duh, even for Bible believing Christians, so when I want to put things into perspective
I like to watch one of the first DVD's I ever bought - Forest Gump!

The movie is from the 90's and a classic, and ingenious in my opinion. Here is a couple scenes to sum it up:

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
God is nothing more than a fabrication meant to comfort us in the vastness and emptiness of reality. In humanizing God, we see ourselves as powerful, worthy and able to change the world. Without God we suddenly realize how meaningless every action we take is; without God we recognize how powerless and insignificant we are. But in relinquishing God, we also relinquish responsibility; this nagging feeling that we must fix what is wrong around us. In relinquishing responsibility we can experience peace in knowing that everything we've ever done and will do in our lives will truly not matter in the greater scheme of things. That insignificance is beautiful; the extreme pain you feel from losing a loved one is poetically meaningless, and the same goes for happiness. The fact that we are crawling on a sphere propelled through space acting without true purpose is beautiful. The fact that our daily routines, as pointless as they are, are being etched into the record of time is poignant - whether sad, happy or ambivalent, our daily lives and our actions are as true as the orbiting of electrons. Appreciate life; both happy and sad moments are to be enjoyed; the universe may continue to neglect our existence, but that doesn't mean we can't be happy in our insignificance.
Jesus performed miracles for the doubting Thomas's of the world, and still does to this day:

http://olrl.org/stories/lourdes.shtml

"On August 20th, 1901, sixty prominent doctors examined Gargam. Without stating the nature of the cure, they pronounced him entirely cured. Gargam, out of gratitude to God in the Holy Eucharist and His Blessed Mother, consecrated himself to the service of the invalids at Lourdes."

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the peer-reviewed scientific journals there is no evidence of the gods, including the Christian one. Apparently, we have in mind not entirely scientific evidence, if not to say—completely unscientific. In addition, one can easily see that in encyclopedic dictionaries there is no such consensus as to the concept of "god", and in the confessional literature the gods differ if not by miraculous characteristics, then by names.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When I was younger I was a complete atheist; I found the idea of God impossible and ridiculous and I hated preachy religious types.
Now I'm somewhere in the middle and that's the best place to be for me, personally. Who am I to completely dismiss the idea that some kind of divine power or intelligence could exist? I mean you think about nature, the universe, DNA, everything - it's all got some kind design, balance and order to it. Also near death experiences have never had a proven rational explanation despite the best efforts of the sceptics. Ther's other stuff - too many people saying they have had spiritual experiences or miracles.............You see, while I still find it difficult to believe in something like God without some kind of definite and absolute proof I now think it's just as arrogant and short sighted to dismiss the idea completely.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
when I see angels like these it convinces me there must be a God

upload_2017-10-30_14-37-7.png

g.i joey

Reaction score
I dont tend to put stock in any type of religion, i consider those to be rule books to life, kind of like guidelines for people on how they should live, its a very simple perspective but it seems like every religion is a huge build up to some sort of great ending... whether its islam, christianity, it seems as they all build up to some final judgement day.

As much as i dont believe in religion itself, i still believe there is a God, maybe its just a coping mechanism alot of us use, who knows.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do believe in God. A lot to do with how I was raised but at this point it's the only way I know how to function

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if it's really random. Sometimes things happen which make me go "what are the odds!".

I read Scott Adam's blog - he believes we are all just a simulation of some sorts.

Meditation was brought up here. Someone who practices meditation told me at some point you switch from having meditation in your life to a state where you live/observe your life while being in a meditative state all the time.

I know what you mean, it can be hard to think that everything is random...I wish I had an answer, as do billions of other people. I've been wanting to try out mediation, writing down good thoughts, etc. sounds cheesy but I guess it's worth a shot.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why believe in something there is no evidence for?

You "wish for help", but are you receiving any? If not then why believe it means anything?

God/religion is mostly a huge coping mechanism for death. The fact that when you die you die, there is nothing after. A terrifying fact, something that terrifies any sane person no matter how fortunate in life. Yet so far all evidence shows this to be true, and most people make up sh*t to make themselves feel better. Even a lot of atheists I've talked to have some sort of sh*t they believe in so that they don't have to accept that when they die they are gone, forever.

Anyway I'm a cynical, non spiritual, person. I've done all sorts of hallucinogenics, and as far as I can see any sort of "sense of spirituality" is a construction of the brain. Evolutionary speaking why does it occur? I have no idea. But it seems to me to just be some sort of part of our brain, and nothing more.

So no I don't believe in god, or an afterlife, or anything like that. But if it helps you through your day then don't let me stop you.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I've also been thinking of mortality, spurred by the deaths of a few people I know from work.
When we're young, we seem to live under the illusion life in endless. We are aware we are going to die, but it seems so far away. If we were told we only have 10 years to live, it would be different.

I was reading the blog of a man who retired and died shortly after. It was so unnerving. In one of his last posts, he wrote about how retirement is great, and that unlike vacations, he doesn't have this constant feeling of time running out. He had plans to do so many things.
And a few months later he was dead.

Books. Movies. TV series. p**rn. Sunshine. Music. Pizza. HairLossTalk.com. Travel. Walking. Shopping. Fruits. Chocolate. Petting dogs/cats. I will miss it.