Do You Believe In A Divine Power (life Is Hard)?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Life has been lobbing potential grenades at me (mostly health, job, residence permit related).

At some point, I find myself appealing to a divine power, as things are just out of my control.

I grew up as an atheist, but as I grow older I find myself wishing for help from someone, something. Life is just too hard to go at it alone. This is the only time being single and no friends bothers me. It's just me and HairLossTalk.com.

Last edited:

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I"ve read some of your posts cap. Seems you have it tough. The bulk of society is not your norm, so will have will a struggle. People are big pieces of sh*t when it comes to finding whipping boys. I wish you the best of luck, and I mean it.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can relate to you OP. Though I don't buy into a divine power, whether plotting for good or bad against someone, I think it's just controlled chaos really. Personally for me between family and friends dying, to losing my house, a divorce, not having a single friend, etc. I have become numb. I don't care anymore, it's a dangerous spot. Yes my hairloss sucks but if I was relieved from my other major problems I'd be able to cope better. With it all hitting at once...I just don't have the energy to continue much longer. Anyways good luck man, I truly hope your life will turn around. If you wanna chat hmu.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't have to seek a monotheistic power to feel some sense of "spiritual" strength (even if there's no such thing as "spiritual"). You'll always be kidding yourself, and while many people do cope in this way, that's because of their environment and influences around them.

You'll always know in the back of your head that a true belief in an intravenous God is a false thought, the other option is to become more open to your spiritual side as a human being discovering your strengths, weaknesses and mentality. You can attach that to certain religions that don't believe in real world fairytales.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
no...

anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron+retard

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't have to seek a monotheistic power to feel some sense of "spiritual" strength (even if there's no such thing as "spiritual"). You'll always be kidding yourself, and while many people do cope in this way, that's because of their environment and influences around them.

You'll always know in the back of your head that a true belief in an intravenous God is a false thought, the other option is to become more open to your spiritual side as a human being discovering your strengths, weaknesses and mentality. You can attach that to certain religions that don't believe in real world fairytales.
what do you mean by "open to your spiritual side"? how do you do this?

i also agree christianity is often just an excuse to get together and be (or at least appear) happy. another social lubricant like alcohol

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you mean by "open to your spiritual side"? how do you do this?

i also agree christianity is often just an excuse to get together and be (or at least appear) happy. another social lubricant like alcohol

Well I don't believe there is a spiritual side, thus why I quoted the word initially, but I would guess from meditation. People consider being in deep meditation as "spiritual" but it's really just an exploration of the mind, and can take people to crazy places (believing they are in contact with God, etc).

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I think it's just controlled chaos really.

I wonder if it's really random. Sometimes things happen which make me go "what are the odds!".

I read Scott Adam's blog - he believes we are all just a simulation of some sorts.

Meditation was brought up here. Someone who practices meditation told me at some point you switch from having meditation in your life to a state where you live/observe your life while being in a meditative state all the time.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if it's really random. Sometimes things happen which make me go "what are the odds!".

I read Scott Adam's blog - he believes we are all just a simulation of some sorts.

Meditation was brought up here. Someone who practices meditation told me at some point you switch from having meditation in your life to a state where you live/observe your life while being in a meditative state all the time.
i am always this way i feel, like i know the rational response to things but my bad habits take over most of the time. it feels kinda even worse in a way, cuz i KNOW what i should do but i don't have the strength to do it

not saying meditation isn't important, a lot of my favorite times are just my "deep" times which is de facto meditation (when i go on walks and listen to music or get high). but it can only go so far, it can't change who you are.

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If there is truly a God he's handing out turds out like the easter bunny and santa claus, most of us on here got shitted on by mother nature and we're fit for the pit,sad but true.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
i am always this way i feel, like i know the rational response to things but my bad habits take over most of the time. it feels kinda even worse in a way, cuz i KNOW what i should do but i don't have the strength to do it

not saying meditation isn't important, a lot of my favorite times are just my "deep" times which is de facto meditation (when i go on walks and listen to music or get high). but it can only go so far, it can't change who you are.

Bad habits, tell me about it. I'm lazy AF unfortunately. I have a massive procrastination problem.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bad habits, tell me about it. I'm lazy AF unfortunately. I have a massive procrastination problem.
the main reason i'm lazy is low self esteem. i remember i wasn't always lazy. but when i worked hard it was because i mentally masturbated about being considered a good person. now i'm like "meh i'm considered a moral person, but still low value. ehhhh not worth it".