do women even like buzzcuts?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even when my body fat was on the higher side (not obese of course) my jaw line never disappeared. My cheekbones were still pretty defined. I think a lot depends on genetics and where you store fat. Of course, having low body fat will help bring it out but it doesn't mean it's a "good jaw line" it's how the structure goes together. Think of a skull that's found many years later, they all have a jaw line right and cheekbones on display? Just a few days ago a new guy I know through friends is a genuine body builder and he asked me "I don't know if it's me but have you lost weight, your face looks slim." I guess he is confused since I don't have body builder low fat but a visible jaw line, defined face. Oblivious to the fact it's just like that. My weight has not changed in 5 years.

But I agree with Shookwun though, it's still much better to go down that avenue of trying to get some kind of facial definition if you need it. As you say, egghead, potato face is a nightmare and is exacerbated with no hairstyle. Volume can often make these kind of heads look slightly better.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Even when my body fat was on the higher side (not obese of course) my jaw line never disappeared. My cheekbones were still pretty defined. I think a lot depends on genetics and where you store fat.

This. Many people (including I) store fat in their face. Any fat I gain goes to my belly and face, my arms and legs remain spindly.
Genetically blessed people put fat on their extremities. Similarly, genetically blessed women can put on massive amounts in their legs and thighs, with their face remaining slim.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't measured my bodyfat for ages but I am in the 14-15% range going on pictures and when I checked it years ago.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not good if you compare it to bodybuilders at all. It's rubbish. But yes, for a daily guy, it's good enough in terms of leanness. I run twice a week ( 2 miles each time) so my fitness ain't great. But I play sport in the summer and lift weights - not for mass but almost like a circuit cardio workout? I also never eat more than 1900 calories in a day to ensure my weight never changes even though my gf gets annoyed. I'll eat more on a workout day but I think my diet is way on the low side for mass.

I also do a lot of different types of press ups when I am bored.

I need more muscle though which is what I am thinking of attempting maybe next year. Some kind of mass program.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
i feel ya wolf pack. he is right ucman and fred. at a certain point its better to cut off the hair. its just he has a higher expectation of what is "enough"

You and I both know that shaving doest make the problem go away. It would be one thing if people stopped giving us shyt for following their advice and just leave us be but nope.You can do everything right and it still wont make a difference.

shookwun

Reaction score
Meh genetic card is thrown around to periodically. I used to have a chipmunk cheek look despite thinking I was lean but in reality I wasn't. Under 10 is the pinnacle and twilight zone for maximum attraction and aesthetic appeal. When that jaw is shredded and skin tight. Eyes look all sunken it... Chicks will melt all over ya. Providing ur follicles aren't to south bound

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You and I both know that shaving doest make the problem go away. It would be one thing if people stopped giving us shyt for following their advice and just leave us be but nope.You can do everything right and it still wont make a difference.
better than nothing. and i agree btw, i meant buzzing not shaving. fred is right, its cancer if u shave

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely would look gaunt with too low bf. My face has hardly any fat as it is. Agree though, you need a masculine sharp face of some kind.

shookwun

Reaction score
Depends

Weaker facial features demand lower body fat to look appealing.

People with broader skulls can get away with higher bf levels.

It varies from inividual too individual

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you're right. Ultimately you look in the mirror and should have an idea. What sort of calories are you consuming on a bulk btw?

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I really want to give shaving ago (i buzz) but it be back so quickly its like whats the point lol. I seen my head in bright lights where it looks like i razor shave, i like it, just dislike razors.

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
It goes like this:

"- Just shave it all off bro!"

*Proceeds to shave it all off (bro)*

"- Why did you do that? Now you look like you have cancer!"

That's because those are knee jerk reactions. You do not matter to them. You export your problems into their lifes and they make up a "solution" on the spot. They do not keep track of these sort of things, they are too busy trying to live their lifes, not yours.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's because those are knee jerk reactions. You do not matter to them. You export your problems into their lifes and they make up a "solution" on the spot. They do not keep track of these sort of things, they are too busy trying to live their lifes, not yours.
so true

good way of putting it lol. the way you think is like a programmer lolz "exporting it to their mind" like its an argument to go to another function xD.

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a programmer so maybe that's why lolz. I highly recommend it as a career, all that sweet $$$. Feels good.

shookwun

Reaction score
I think you're right. Ultimately you look in the mirror and should have an idea. What sort of calories are you consuming on a bulk btw?

Anything I want. When I touch a treadmill I just get ripped.

I eat around 4000 calories a day. Anything goes.

Genetics I guess

shookwun

Reaction score
Fred I believe u have skinny fat genetics. Hard time building muscle, but put on fat easy.

I'm the opposite, hard time putting any weiht including fat. All though when I first started lifting I rapidly gained weight over the first two years, putting a tremendous amount on my face. But the last two years my face has gotten progressively leaner over time.

Might just be a mixture of genetics + drug seeing how I eat take out every day, loads of pastries and meat. Anything to meet a high caloric intake.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
What sort of calories? A calorie is a calorie.

If I put on weight from where I am now (71 kg for 1m90), it immediately goes in my lower-belly and face.

Even 1 kg above that and you can see the difference. Genetics I guess.

Lol im 71kg at 178cm. Ideally ill get to 80kg but its lean toned muscle with low body fat.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
But still got the fat on my lower belly, and chest area. Thats pretty much all skinny fat people.

Thats ALL people. Even I have fat on my lower belly. Its damn near impossible to be rid of, you literally have to be like 2%BF to not have it there.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not true! That's not all people. Most other males I see have nothing, absolutely nothing. And you can see their abs. I've never, ever seen my abs, and I never will.

its very rare for me to see someone who is not super skinny all around (or super lean naturally) and has NO body fat, and this is coming from someone who spends half the week in the gym.