Do I Have Male Pattern Baldness Or Not?

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say it looks like male pattern baldness,however you still have good hair.
I think you should try finesteride and minoxidil, how old are you and whats your family history for hair?

Ali999777700

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to say it looks like male pattern baldness,however you still have good hair.
I think you should try finesteride and minoxidil, how old are you and whats your family history for hair?
I'm almost 21, i've been using minoxidil for a week now, my father is bald, but he went bald in his thirties.
I would say my hair didn't recede backwards "yet" , but I do have less hair in the part between sides and top of the head.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yes, you are thinning at the front in a NW2A pattern.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
by taking minoxidil will I go bald anytime soon though ?
The best treatment would be finasteride. If you just use minoxidil, you might offset more hair loss by a year or two but minoxidil won't block DHT which is a major factor in causing you to bald. You could stay like you are now for many years without doing anything. No one can accurately predict where you will be in the next year. The best way to predict is to get a hair density check and see how many hairs are miniaturized now and compare it in 6 months.

Ali999777700

My Regimen
Reaction score
The best treatment would be finasteride. If you just use minoxidil, you might offset more hair loss by a year or two but minoxidil won't block DHT which is a major factor in causing you to bald. You could stay like you are now for many years without doing anything. No one can accurately predict where you will be in the next year. The best way to predict is to get a hair density check and see how many hairs are miniaturized now and compare it in 6 months.
Does finasteride have really bad side affects on sexual desire etc. or is it over exaggerated?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Does finasteride have really bad side affects on sexual desire etc. or is it over exaggerated?
Sides can happen but you won't know until you try the medication. Most people do fine on it.

Ali999777700

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick question, is there any chance it's telogen effluvium?. As I said before, i get insanely stressed during exams, i sleep for 4 hours only a day, for 2 months and I don't eat properly , I get extreme anxiety as well. is there at least 1 % its telogen or its 100 % male pattern baldness?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are balding Ali. I suggest you to make peace with it. Don't think it over and again. Follow doctors advice and tell progress. But don't expect miracle . as I said make peace with it !

Ali999777700

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are balding Ali. I suggest you to make peace with it. Don't think it over and again. Follow doctors advice and tell progress. But don't expect miracle . as I said make peace with it !
Oh I have been getting buzz cuts long before I was balding, maybe for 2 years now, so i'm not really bothered, what is bothering me its I'm still 21 :D:D