Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

KHairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long have you been on fina bro ? 21 days
and yes this is definitely a bilateral gyno . But it seems not plasuible that fina caused that much gyno in only 21 days ! if you have before pics that woulc help ; i think you might have it before

I believe its more pseudogynecomastia caused by fat as oppose to a hard lump that has developed. The very first image is a before picture.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and the surgeon said that fina caused gynecomastia often ?
did you ask him if it was possible to do the surgery and keep taking fina ?

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No way finasteride can develop gyno in 21 days. You sure never had this before and gained more weight?

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If i put 2 fingers directly on my areola and push down under my nipple moving my fingers around, i do not feel a hard lump. However, if i take a big pinch around the area a little above and to the side i feel a squidgy lump.

Yes, you should be able to feel a disc like hardness under the nipple/arreola. Do you remember this feeling pre finasteride? I still remember feeling the disc during puberty(very common for boys to have some form of gyno during puberty) but had no idea at the time what it was. Thank god it went away.

It does appear you have mild gynecomastia, however sometimes it's really hard to tell. Mine was easy to tell as I could only feel the round disc on one side of my chest. Good that you're going to work out as it may be so mild that if you drop down to a low bodyfat, it won't be noticeable.

If you've always had fatty nipples similar to your pictures, then you may have already had mild Gyno before taking finasteride. Your pictures 1 and 2 doesn't seem like it, but pictures 3 and 4 does seem like mild Gyno.

I believe your surgeon also came to that conclusion from your update.

Last edited:

KHairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you should be able to feel a disc like hardness under the nipple/arreola. Do you remember this feeling pre finasteride? I still remember feeling the disc during puberty(very common for boys to have some form of gyno during puberty) but had no idea at the time what it was. Thank god it went away.

It does appear you have mild gynecomastia, however sometimes it's really hard to tell. Mine was easy to tell as I could only feel the round disc on one side of my chest. Good that you're going to work out as it may be so mild that if you drop down to a low bodyfat, it won't be noticeable.

If you've always had fatty nipples similar to your pictures, then you may have already had mild Gyno before taking finasteride. Your pictures 1 and 2 doesn't seem like it, but pictures 3 and 4 does seem like mild Gyno.

I believe your surgeon also came to that conclusion from your update.

I don't remember at all before taking finasteride, never felt the same kind of pain in that area or bothered touching it. Ive always been fat so my chest has been like that for a while. As i mentioned before only on my left breast on the side do i feel a squidgy lump when pinching.

Last edited:

KHairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
you mean that the surgeon didn't said that fina could cause gyno ?

Im so confuised by your questions, your assuming way too much. Go see someone im not the person to take information from.

Nothing was said in relation to finasteride, other than me telling him i was taking it.

KHairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took 0.5mg of Finasteride last night and just before lunch time today for 1-3 hours i noticed pain again in my left breast area from me just being sat at my desk. So i am pretty confident that finasteride is causing the pain now.

I believe this is the first symptoms of gyno development. I am worried that this pain could be an early sign of developing breast tissue. The only thing left for me to do now is discontinue finasteride all togeather?

Last edited:

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This type of internet diagnosis makes me worried about things ive never had a problem with before. thanks.
well ive done a fair amount of research on the subject and that only happens because of scoliosis / pectus excavatum. Yours isn't rly noticeable though so i wouldnt be concerned.
Don't take this is a fact though, if you're really concerned about it you can ask your doctor or go get an x-ray of your spine. If it was rly bad, you'd notice one of your shoulders stays a bit higher than the other, just by looking at the mirror.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took 0.5mg of Finasteride last night and just before lunch time today for 1-3 hours i noticed pain again in my left breast area from me just being sat at my desk. So i am pretty confident that finasteride is causing the pain now.

I believe this is the first symptoms of gyno development. I am worried that this pain could be an early sign of developing breast tissue. The only thing left for me to do now is discontinue finasteride all togeather?
why are you still taking 0.5mg? I posted that 0.20 to 0.25mg achieves the same exact thing for hair, you asked for the study too and I gave it to you.

finasteride does other things besides inhibit DHT and you only want to take as much as you need for your hair.

KHairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
well ive done a fair amount of research on the subject and that only happens because of scoliosis / pectus excavatum. Yours isn't rly noticeable though so i wouldnt be concerned.
Don't take this is a fact though, if you're really concerned about it you can ask your doctor or go get an x-ray of your spine. If it was rly bad, you'd notice one of your shoulders stays a bit higher than the other, just by looking at the mirror.

Thanks ill check that out.

KHairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
why are you still taking 0.5mg? I posted that 0.20 to 0.25mg achieves the same exact thing for hair, you asked for the study too and I gave it to you.

finasteride does other things besides inhibit DHT and you only want to take as much as you need for your hair.

Im probably going to wait 1-2 weeks before i try lower 0.25 dose finasteride to see if the squidgy lump in my left breast goes down. There is deffi a difference in size and feel.

I got Vitamin B3 which ill be taking 1/day for 1/2weeks as i read it can help with this.

Last edited:

KHairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just an update, i stopped Finasteride around 14 march, after that i was not feeling aching pain anymore in my left breast. On the 23rd of march i began 0.25mg Finasteride and today 1st of April after around 10 days the aching pain in my left breast is back, in fact i woke up in the middle of the night and notice the pain.

I think the same reason as to why 0.25mg would help in the long term and give similar results to higher dosage is the same reason im still experiencing the side effect.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just an update, i stopped Finasteride around 14 march, after that i was not feeling aching pain anymore in my left breast. On the 23rd of march i began 0.25mg Finasteride and today 1st of April after around 10 days the aching pain in my left breast is back, in fact i woke up in the middle of the night and notice the pain.

I think the same reason as to why 0.25mg would help in the long term and give similar results to higher dosage is the same reason im still experiencing the side effect.
Try 0.10mg or lower EOD (every other day). Doses as low as 0.05mg were shown to inhibit up to 50% DHT. Look up microdose threads.

But I'm not sure if you'll get rid of that breast ache feeling without something like arimedex. The thing is that finasteride has an accumulative compounding effect, that's why taking 0.25mg is basically the same as taking 1mg. There's certainly a flat dose response to a large degree.