Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

KHairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to preface by saying that i went to see my GP recently and they told me there was no way to determine if i was in the process of developing Gynecomastia until i developed it. He didint inspect or check my chest.

I started taking 1mg of Finasteride on the 16/02/2018. On the 19/02/2018 i noticed my left breast was more puffy than the right breast, until now it has stayed the same size. They are slightly uneven, with the left being a little larger. Occasionally, not everyday i experience a weird light pain feeling on the left breast, i notice this maybe 4-5 times a day. My nipples are not unusually sensitive when i touch them. The surroundings of my left breast feel more firm than the right breast.

I am fat with a large portion of fat being around my chest/stomach/hip/thigh area. I cannot say for sure that my breasts were uneven before i started noticing it.

Take a look at the images below.

-Weight 160 lbs
-Sex: Male,
-Height: 5ft 11"
-Duration: 21 days.

Regimen:
- Finasteride (1mg)
- Biotin (10,000 ug)
- Vitamin D3 (25ug)
- Zinc (15mg)

https://imgur.com/a/vHv0a

I don't know what to do, i did not take finasteride last night.

Last edited:

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you always carried your weight around your hips and chest? Have you put much weight on in the last 21 days? Don't play with your nips much it can stimulate prolactin.

KHairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you always carried your weight around your hips and chest? Have you put much weight on in the last 21 days? Don't play with your nips much it can stimulate prolactin.

-Yes i have always carried weight like that and ive always had fat on my nipples.
-In the last 21 days i cannot say for sure if ive put on weight or not, my eating pattern has been the same since the start of the year.
-Yes i will stop touching it.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Picture number 4 looks like it, but hard to tell. Get a second opinion from different doctor.
Watch "Natural Gyno , Natural Anti Estrogen Food & Suppl…" on YouTube
Natural Gyno , Natural Anti Estrogen Food & Suppl…:

KHairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Picture number 4 looks like it, but hard to tell. Get a second opinion from different doctor.
Watch "Natural Gyno , Natural Anti Estrogen Food & Suppl…" on YouTube
Natural Gyno , Natural Anti Estrogen Food & Suppl…:

You mean front 4? It does look like from these photos my left breast is larger than the right. Is that what you are also noticing?

Im in the process of making an appointment to see a gynecomastia surgeon to get an initial consultation, the initial consultation is free. So im hoping i can get an opinion there, as my doctor didint seem to want to check it out.

He mentions a lot of supplements - which makes it difficult to decide what i should be taking now.
- Ive heard about Dim and Turmeric before.
- Im worried what the lower estrogen might do to my hair?
- Also he does not mention how much to take.

I should probably stop taking Finasteride until i find out whats going on right?

Last edited:

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should be able to feel a hard lump under the nipple if it's gynecomastia as opposed to fat from being overweight.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No offense but if you're that motivated for your hair, you should carry the same motivation for your body too mate. it looks like you already had fatty nipples before you started, but that finasteride has exacerbated the issue. Best of luck

KHairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should be able to feel a hard lump under the nipple if it's gynecomastia as opposed to fat from being overweight.

If i put 2 fingers directly on my areola and push down under my nipple moving my fingers around, i do not feel a hard lump. However, if i take a big pinch around the area a little above and to the side i feel a squidgy lump.

Last edited:

KHairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
No offense but if you're that motivated for your hair, you should carry the same motivation for your body too mate. it looks like you already had fatty nipples before you started, but that finasteride has exacerbated the issue. Best of luck

Yeah you are right, no excuses from me. I told my self i would start Finasteride and exercise together but ive been slacking on the exercise. And Yes you are right, ive had fatty nipples that were noticeable long before taking finasteride. So thats why its kind of hard to determine if its gynae or not. From what im reading you seem to be sure that there is a difference between before and after?

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you are right, no excuses from me. I told my self i would start Finasteride and exercise together but ive been slacking on the exercise. And Yes you are right, ive had fatty nipples that were noticeable before taking finasteride.
Yeah start off slow, the best investment I made was getting one of those cheap $20-$25 door frame pull up bars you can find on Amazon before getting a gym membership.

Look up intermittent fasting, that would help cut weight. Basically you eat in an 8 hour window and then don't eat at all for 14-16 hours(most of this time you're sleeping anyway). So an example would be to skip breakfast (can drink tea or coffee with no sugar), have lunch at noon, have some small meals or snacks in between lunch and dinner, and then your last eating will be done by 8pm. Then you don't eat until noon the next day again. Do that consistently and you're guaranteed to lose weight if you're exercising/lifting weights at the same time.

Then consider cutting your finasteride dose to 0.25mg or less every 2 days rather than 1mg every day. 5a reductase gets inhibited for a week just from one 1 mg dose.

Last edited:

KHairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well ive made an appointment to see a gynaecomastia surgeon on Monday, ill see what he has to say. Until then i wont take any Finasteride. Would be nice if someone with gynaecomastia would provide some feedback, based on the photos ive given and information so far.

KHairloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
After a consultation, the surgeon said that my chest is asymmetrical, so left part of my chest is more forward than the right because of the bone (the bone under the left breast sticks out more). He examined it. His words were that i have the same amount of gynecomastia on the left and the right, which kind of threw me of. He then went to say there is the same amount of tissue in both the left and right breast. From what i understood by that he just meant there is an enlargement of both breasts because of fat and natural tissue. One was not bigger than the other.

He then went on to say that he can reduce the size of both. But at this point i kind of had my answer and i felt like he just giving me options for/selling surgery. I told him i'm going to exercise and lose weight before i consider any surgery, but from what i understand it didint seem like it was necessary.

From what i can tell i don't have gynecomastia in the sense that there is an enlarged hard tissue developing under my nipple. I think this is the case of me just being fat with an asymmetrical chest.

I am still worried about the random occurrence of pain in the left chest and the weird sensation feeling when pinching it. I have been off finasteride for 3 days now as a precaution as i could still develop actual gynecomastia. I plan to start again at a lower dosage of 0.5mg and more importantly now reduce my fat intake and exercise.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
After a consultation, the surgeon said that my chest is asymmetrical, so left part of my chest is more forward than the right because of the bone (the bone under the left breast sticks out more). He examined it. His words were that i have the same amount of gynecomastia on the left and the right, which kind of threw me of. He then went to say there is the same amount of tissue in both the left and right breast. From what i understood by that he just meant there is an enlargement of both breasts because of fat and natural tissue. One was not bigger than the other.

He then went on to say that he can reduce the size of both. But at this point i kind of had my answer and i felt like he just giving me options for/selling surgery. I told him i'm going to exercise and lose weight before i consider any surgery, but from what i understand it didint seem like it was necessary.

From what i can tell i don't have gynecomastia in the sense that there is an enlarged hard tissue developing under my nipple. I think this is the case of me just being fat with an asymmetrical chest.

I am still worried about the random occurrence of pain in the left chest and the weird sensation feeling when pinching it. I have been off finasteride for 3 days now as a precaution as i could still develop actual gynecomastia. I plan to start again at a lower dosage of 0.5mg and more importantly now reduce my fat intake and exercise.

I'd keep on with finasteride if I were you, go to tdeecalculator.net and join a gym or some sort of sport. You'll thank me in the long run

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Try 0.20-0.25mg instead, a Japanese study proved that dose inhibits just as much DHT as 1mg does.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long have you been on fina bro ? 21 days
and yes this is definitely a bilateral gyno . But it seems not plasuible that fina caused that much gyno in only 21 days ! if you have before pics that woulc help ; i think you might have it before