Dizziness while on Rogaine

SE-freak

Reaction score
I know, that would result in a different vehicle though. That was my point. Instead of dilluting try using less. Same advantages, less drawbacks.

rcom440

Reaction score
hi. I used less yesterday night. Less than half of ml. and today im still a little bit dizzy. The dizziness goes away around 7 pm.
Do you think I should switch to 2% minoxidil?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Using 2% minoxidil is the same as using less 5% minoxidil.

rcom440

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Yes I know, but I will be able to cover larger area. Not that I need but just in case.

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
I understand your dilemma rcom440. I was on minoxidil 5 % for a year, twcie a day application of 1 ml.

I would feel dizzy and get headches through out the day. I went off it after a year (am on finpecia for 8 months now). I weaned off it slowly.

Its been almost 3 months since I stopped it. All headches, dizzines, dark cirlces, dry skin went away.

However I lost huge amounts of hair all over. Severe loss along the hairline. I used to apply it all over although. I panicked and ordered Xandrox 15% plus (without ppg) a few weeks ago and am currently applying 0.5 ml of it only along the hair line.

None of the sides have returned. However, I'm hoping that I get my scalp hair back as I am still on finasteride. The shedding ahs not ceased though. If its still bad then I am contemplating going back on minoxidil 5 % and use only 0.5 ml on dry scalp. And regulate its usage from there on.

I most of the times would apply it after a shower, and maybe there was more absorption due to this.

SE freak, can you suggest an alternative to minoxidil that you know of??

SE-freak

Reaction score
icdalite said:

Unfortunately I do not think there are many alternatives to chose from. The next thing that comes to mind is copper peptides(Tricomin ex), but surely minoxidil is on it's own class.

I was thinking, if you are so sensitive to minoxidil, maybe a much lower dose could help. Maybe you should really try lowering the dose, apply it always on dry scalp and see how it goes. There should be a sweet spot where you do not get dizziness etc...

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
Bryan said:
Yes I know, but I will be able to cover larger area. Not that I need but just in case.

People always say that, but it's not really a legitimate problem. You can spread an oily liquid like Rogaine VERY thinly, and cover a larger area. It's easy.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
SE-freak said:
icdalite said:

Unfortunately I do not think there are many alternatives to chose from. The next thing that comes to mind is copper peptides(Tricomin ex), but surely minoxidil is on it's own class.

Huh?? The closest analogous alternative to minoxidil would be NANO; and over the years, side effects from NANO have been even more rare than those from minoxidil. The only problem with using NANO is that it's not nearly as commonly available as topical minoxidil products. But if "icdalite" and "rcom440" continue to have this dizziness problem with minoxidil, they may have to stick with Dr. Proctor's NANO forumlations, like NANO Shampoo and NANO Conditioner.

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I have asked this before, but is the foam version less likely to cause side effects such as palpitations, dizziness, or is it about the same?

SE-freak

Reaction score
47thin said:
I have asked this before, but is the foam version less likely to cause side effects such as palpitations, dizziness, or is it about the same?

The only way foam has less sides, is that it is not absorbed as well as the liquid. Not sure you would like that.

rcom440

Reaction score
updates on my dizziness. It went away. No dizziness :)))
Sometimes I have headaches in the morning, I apply minoxidil 5% only at night.
I notice that if I apply less than 1ml, I don't have any headaches. Now, I'm trying to go for .75ml instead of 1ml.

rcom440

Reaction score
hi guys,
I just want to update you again. It's been a long time now since I had my first dizziness and headache.

It completely went away! First I was experiencing dizziness then it slowly stopped after a week then after that I had a mild headaches in the morning for a quite a wile but It also faded away! Now I'm applying 1ml of minoxidil and I dont have any side effects... it's great. I think my body adjusted itself to minoxidil or something...

So whoever is experiencing headaches or dizziness form minoxidil, I would recommend to lower the dosage and see how it goes... it may go away after a while. :punk:

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
What kind of dizziness sensation do you feel? For the past month iv been dizzy and lightheaded. I experience this throughout the day, from morning to night. Standing, sitting, lying, its almost like i have trouble focusing on objects and keeping things in a clean view.

I don't know if its minoxidil or not (i use foam once a day, and have been lowering my dose) so im just gona drop it for a few days and see how that goes. I wasn't dizzy at all for the first month when i applied it either.

rcom440

Reaction score
thenational said:
What kind of dizziness sensation do you feel? For the past month iv been dizzy and lightheaded. I experience this throughout the day, from morning to night. Standing, sitting, lying, its almost like i have trouble focusing on objects and keeping things in a clean view.

I don't know if its minoxidil or not (i use foam once a day, and have been lowering my dose) so im just gona drop it for a few days and see how that goes. I wasn't dizzy at all for the first month when i applied it either.

Hi. My dizziness was extreme. It was very hard to walk straight. When I was sitting the dizziness want that bad then I notice that when I was shaking my head a little bit then I get really dizzy. The same when I was walking, every step (impact with the ground) was making me dizzy. It was for around 5 days then it slowly faded away. I had a mild headaches too. I lowered minoxidil for a few days + I skipped one or two days then slowly started to applying minoxidil again, one day .25mg then .5 , .75 and then 1mg.
So I think you should skip minoxidil for one day to see if the dizziness will go away. Let us know if it does?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
thenational said:

finasteride's known to have such side effects also and you are on it. So you can't be really sure.

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply rcom440

Well i did drop minoxidil for 3 days and it didn't really do too much. I was then diagnoised wit BPV, minoxidil not been the cause. So i have picked the foam back up and my dizziness has completly subsided. I now use a smaller dose. So small infact, that a months foam lasts more than 2 months!

The only thing i've noticed is that i drink a heck of a lot more water, generally makes me feel better though.

Appreciate the responses guys.

And with regard to finasteride causing dizziness, ive been on it for more than 2 years so i feel confident that it isn't causing much harm to me.