DIM - Estrogen Metabolizer

helpme23

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have been looking into a supplement that will balance my hormones as I believe my acne is caused by this and I have come across DIM. Apparently DIM stops testosterone from converting into DHT and therefore can be beneficial for hairloss.

Has anyone had any experience with it?

I have ordered some and will try it out and let you know if I get any posotive results

Heres a link with some more info

http://www.energeticnutrition.com/vitalzym/dim.html

Thanks

:)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
yes dim is good. buy it.

fred

Mane Man

Reaction score
Yes buy the DIM! DIM is Good. Buy! Buy! Buy!

Seriouslythough, its ment to be good stuff. It lowers estradiol and have just started on it mself for high estradiol. Many now believe high estradiol is the major cause of high dht and hairloss. My estradiol was way high so if i dont have a full head of hair by end of year its all a crock of sh*t :mrgreen:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
take it with vitamin E and bioperine for better absorption.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am taking TOCO-Sorb with DIm and sesamin lignans every morning with bioperine. ToCo-8 is one of the best version of vitamine e you can get btw.

Good stuff

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
the Last Fight said:
You could take this, or just eat more broccoli

you means a ton of broccoli ... :puke:

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, but that product suppose to increase free testosterone level, and more free testosterone means more DHT and more DHT means more hair loss. So I am not sure, how it suppose to help.

amsch

Reaction score
I thought it inhibits dht a bit as well?
btw, where can i get this stuff to austria? :whistle:

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure it inhibits DHT... rather it has a higher affinity for the AR receptor than DHT does.

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
3,3'-Diindolylmethane (DIM) is a major digestive product of indole-3-carbinol, a potential anticancer component of cruciferous vegetables. Our results indicate that DIM exhibits potent antiproliferative and antiandrogenic properties in androgen-dependent human prostate cancer cells. DIM suppresses cell proliferation of LNCaP cells and inhibits dihydrotestosterone (DHT) stimulation of DNA synthesis. These activities were not produced in androgen-independent PC-3 cells. Moreover, DIM inhibited endogenous PSA transcription and reduced intracellular and secreted PSA protein levels induced by DHT in LNCaP cells. Also, DIM inhibited, in a concentration-dependent manner, the DHT-induced expression of a prostate-specific antigen promoter-regulated reporter gene construct in transiently transfected LNCaP cells. Similar effects of DIM were observed in PC-3 cells only when these cells were co-transfected with a wild-type androgen receptor expression plasmid. Using fluorescence imaging with green fluorescent protein androgen receptor and Western blot analysis, we demonstrated that DIM inhibited androgen-induced androgen receptor (AR) translocation into the nucleus. Results of receptor binding assays indicated further that DIM is a strong competitive inhibitor of DHT binding to the AR. Results of structural modeling studies showed that DIM is remarkably similar in conformational geometry and surface charge distribution to an established synthetic AR antagonist, although the atomic compositions of the two substances are quite different. Taken together with our published reports of the estrogen agonist activities of DIM, the present results establish DIM as a unique bifunctional hormone disrupter. To our knowledge, DIM is the first example of a pure androgen receptor antagonist from plants.

Joey Ramone

Reaction score
squeegee said:
I am taking TOCO-Sorb with DIm and sesamin lignans every morning with bioperine. ToCo-8 is one of the best version of vitamine e you can get btw.

Good stuff

Squeegee ma man, how's your hair looking after your onslaught of guinea pig-esque treatment regimes? Coming back? Leaving home? Sitting on a fence? Post a story guy.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Am I well off track here...

But if someone taking finasteride is experiencing sides (Which is caused from a decrease in DHT, leading to a decrease in testosterone and estrogen I think?) - It's this increase in estrogen which is the problem(?).....would this product help? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Petchsky

Reaction score
You have it right, aside effect of using finasteride can be that T can no longer convert in to DHT, so instead it converts in to estrogen, which kills the libido etc etc...DIM makes the DHT convert in to good estrogen...this is what i have read anywho

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
You have it right, aside effect of using finasteride can be that T can no longer convert in to DHT, so instead it converts in to estrogen, which kills the libido etc etc...

People talk about that all the time, but apparently the extra conversion of testosterone to estrogen when you use finasteride is pretty minimal or insignificant. In fact, there are even finasteride studies which state flat-out that there is NO effect on estrogen levels, which ought to tell you something! :)

Petchsky said:
DIM makes the DHT convert in to good estrogen...this is what i have read anywho

DHT can't convert to estrogen. Did you mean testosterone?

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If the above is true, what's this product good for? Simply breaking down estogen which naturally increases with a man's age, and no more beneficial to a man on finasteride than a man not on it?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Bryan said:
DHT can't convert to estrogen. Did you mean testosterone?

I guess i did.

So, like Fundi asks, what is the truth Bryan, show us the light :mrgreen: