Diffuse unpatterned alopecia or DUPA,is it DHT driven?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guy i have some more info toward DUPA.

Since my last blood test, my endocrinologist just got me tested for free cortisol via urine as it is the free version of cortisol that count and not total cortisol. Here is my range.
83 microg/l (20-50)
229 nmol/l (55-138)

I have almost two times more that the normal range, do you think there could be a link to hair loss ?.

Best regards
You should try long term high dose aspirin. It lowers prolactin and cortisol, and is anti inflammatory. There are a lot of people on raypeatforum who swear it stopped their loss.

I am going to try oral aspirin (1500-2000mg per day) + oral castor oil)(for pge2 benefits)

I will take vitamin k2 and glycin to avoid aspirin 's sides effects

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should try long term high dose aspirin. It lowers prolactin and cortisol, and is anti inflammatory. There are a lot of people on raypeatforum who swear it stopped their loss.

I am going to try oral aspirin (1500-2000mg per day) + oral castor oil)(for pge2 benefits)

I will take vitamin k2 and glycin to avoid aspirin 's sides effects

You do know asprin interferes with sulphurtransferase which would f*** with the efficacy of the oral minoxidil you are taking. Besides asprin isn't really something that you'd want to take long term especially at a high dose.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You do know asprin interferes with sulphurtransferase which would f*** with the efficacy of the oral minoxidil you are taking. Besides asprin isn't really something that you'd want to take long term especially at a high dose.
I am going to stop oral minoxidil, it never did anything for me, i receded terribly while on it. And it gives me horrible skin sides effects. Man, those wrinkles (under eyes, on feet and hands) it gives me, it's terrible for a 22 years old man. My father has less wrinkles than me now, what a joke this drug is

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to stop oral minoxidil, it never did anything for me, i receded terribly while on it. And it gives me horrible skin sides effects. Man, those wrinkles (under eyes, on feet and hands) it gives me, it's terrible for a 22 years old man. My father has less wrinkles than me now, what a joke this drug is
You have DUPA too ? Does the fina work on you or not? Do you still have an intact front line?

m97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
just found this thread, i think i have the DUPA as well.
I will try to share my story, first when i noticed hair loss it was about 4-5 years ago when i had long hair, actually i was losing about 15-20 hair in a day and i thought it was huge number, since that i kept my long hair for about 1 more year and about 3 years ago i decided to cut and start fighting to hair loss, first of all i started head massaging, i was on it about 1.5-2 year, don't remember exactly, also i threw away shampoo and i have not used shampoo since that, i would say that massaging more or less helped me to keep my hair, nearly 1 year, i stopped massaging because it was taking about 1 hour during the day and unfortunately because of work i don't have such huge amount of time for head massaging, so i switched to new regime, before October 2020 i was using only hair brush for about 5-10 min morning/evening, since October, i started using dermaroller 1.5mm every Sunday, after dermarolling session i rest my head for about 1-2 day and then i start using brush again until next Sunday.
In general what i can say from my experience, i have not seen some new hairs yet, i would say all those regimes in previous years helped me to keep the hair, i think density decreased as well but the norwood level has not changed drastically, there is no big difference between current and 3 years ago hairline, of course my backside is thinning as well, in general i always had thin hair but my sides are more or less in better condition.

I have never tried minoxidil or finasteride, i am trying to find some more or less natural ways to keep and thicken hair whats left, maybe with some regrowth.

I agree most of yours opinions about DUPA, that it is more related to something else, because i have seen people with typical hair loss and massages, dermaroller and so on they are working more or less good, with some regrowth, in my case it is hard to see regrowth, i will continue using dermaroller for about 1 year to see the real result, the strange thing is that, lots of people have mentioned that when they use 1.5mm dermaroller it is pretty hard for them to see the blood, in my case once i do 1-2 step with dermaroller lots of blood comes instantly, that's why i think that root cause of DUPA is really something different.

I don't know all the details of hair loss but i would like to continue finding the best way to stop this kind of hair loss.

Thanks

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I will try to share my story, first when i noticed hair loss it was about 4-5 years ago when i had long hair, actually i was losing about 15-20 hair in a day and i thought it was huge number, since that i kept my long hair for about 1 more year and about 3 years ago i decided to cut and start fighting to hair loss, first of all i started head massaging, i was on it about 1.5-2 year, don't remember exactly, also i threw away shampoo and i have not used shampoo since that, i would say that massaging more or less helped me to keep my hair, nearly 1 year, i stopped massaging because it was taking about 1 hour during the day and unfortunately because of work i don't have such huge amount of time for head massaging, so i switched to new regime, before October 2020 i was using only hair brush for about 5-10 min morning/evening, since October, i started using dermaroller 1.5mm every Sunday, after dermarolling session i rest my head for about 1-2 day and then i start using brush again until next Sunday.
In general what i can say from my experience, i have not seen some new hairs yet, i would say all those regimes in previous years helped me to keep the hair, i think density decreased as well but the norwood level has not changed drastically, there is no big difference between current and 3 years ago hairline, of course my backside is thinning as well, in general i always had thin hair but my sides are more or less in better condition.

I have never tried minoxidil or finasteride, i am trying to find some more or less natural ways to keep and thicken hair whats left, maybe with some regrowth.

I agree most of yours opinions about DUPA, that it is more related to something else, because i have seen people with typical hair loss and massages, dermaroller and so on they are working more or less good, with some regrowth, in my case it is hard to see regrowth, i will continue using dermaroller for about 1 year to see the real result, the strange thing is that, lots of people have mentioned that when they use 1.5mm dermaroller it is pretty hard for them to see the blood, in my case once i do 1-2 step with dermaroller lots of blood comes instantly, that's why i think that root cause of DUPA is really something different.

I don't know all the details of hair loss but i would like to continue finding the best way to stop this kind of hair loss.

Thanks
Welcome man ! I have DUPA also and finasteride doesnt work on me because of DUPA. As you said it might be related to something else.

You have keep the same hair line ? It's also my case. According to some people DUPA may be caused by high levels of prolactin and cortisol.
It's good to collect some testimonies because DUPA is the rarest baldness in the world.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Thank you for share your case, my advice would be that maintenance is a good bet, regrowth is very very difficult more when you want terminal and thick hairs.
continue your regimen and don't be too aggressive with dermarrollig
OTOH

m97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Welcome man ! I have DUPA also and finasteride doesnt work on me because of DUPA. As you said it might be related to something else.

You have keep the same hair line ? It's also my case. According to some people DUPA may be caused by high levels of prolactin and cortisol.
It's good to collect some testimonies because DUPA is the rarest baldness in the world.
I can say that my hairline has not receded during last 3-4 year, maybe just a little bit but i don't consider it as a warning yet, as i mentioned, i don't know yet details what may causes it, but i would like to read some information about it whenever i will find free time, i would like to make blood test as well but what to test exactly don't know, if you advice me what to test to make some experiment, if it is related for example to prolactin or cortisol, i would be glad, sorry once again if i ask some dummy question, i am not really into it.

m97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for share your case, my advice would be that maintenance is a good bet, regrowth is very very difficult more when you want terminal and thick hairs.
continue your regimen and don't be too aggressive with dermarrollig
OTOH
Yes agree with you, the experience which i have got since my hair loss started especially in this type of hair loss, it is quite hard to see regrowth, actually i am quite motivated about dermarolling, let's see its result after 1 year will be passed since i started using it

m97

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will share my daily routine as well, i think hair loss is the result of lots of things mixed together for example, bad diet, not enough sleep, lots of stress and etc, lately i changed my daily routine as well, first of all, i drink at least 2.5 liter water a day, i try to eat more or less healthy, my day starts in the morning at 8AM going out for walk for about 30-40 min, and i go to sleep at 11:30-11:40PM, at least it helped me to be more concentrated at work and to be more productive, let's see if it has any affect on my hair quality.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it not an advantage to be a diffuser tho? I mean you have hair its not like male pattern baldness they lose it urs is just so thin even sometimes the camera mirror wont pick it up, vould you not try to thicken it? Maybe toppik to highlight how much hair you have? Brcause one thing i learnt being a diffuser is how difficult it is to gauge truly wherw youre at the camera makes u look bald even in dull lighting as it cant pick up vellius hair or thin hair and then the bathroom mirror the lighrs supers strong so you cant see them thete either its a weird one as you can feel more hair than can be seen- hard to judge if youre a diffuser much more simple as a reeceder
In the begining it is. Nobody notices until it gets really bad. But after some years it will as painful as temple recession. Running your hand through your hair and feeling the drop in quality and lack of densisty is terrible.

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the begining it is. Nobody notices until it gets really bad. But after some years it will as painful as temple recession. Running your hand through your hair and feeling the drop in quality and lack of densisty is terrible.
Its better at responding to finasteride and monix as well i think out yhe 2 diffuse bit less worse imho

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its better at responding to finasteride and monix as well i think out yhe 2 diffuse bit less worse imho
It's not true. I have DUPA and it's the worst baldness ever. I am not responding to finasteride and dutasteride because it is not related to DHT and i can't do hair transplant because i lose my hair even everywhere in my head even in donor area

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not true. I have DUPA and it's the worst baldness ever. I am not responding to finasteride and dutasteride because it is not related to DHT and i can't do hair transplant because i lose my hair even everywhere in my head even in donor area
Why dont u find the cause out by seeing dermatologist or trichologist to tackle the issue could be as simple as iron defficiency

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why dont u find the cause out by seeing dermatologist or trichologist to tackle the issue could be as simple as iron defficiency
Nobody know the cause of DUPA in the world . And it's not because of defficiency

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody know the cause of DUPA in the world . And it's not because of defficiency
Well do you have checked your free cortisol level, ? As i have already told here, mine are almost 2 times above the range. This by itself can increase our androgen production by the adrenal gland too much and cortisol is just bad on itself too.
Maybe this hairloss can be a symptom cause of cushing syndrom, who knows. I am trying to explore the route to lower drastically my cortisol level.
I am going to do a saliva test today to confirm again my free cortisol level.

Does any of you tried any medicine for cushing like oral ketoconazole, mitotane (Lysodren) and metyrapone (Metopirone). Maybe it is just what we need, who the f*** knows. Because i am almost sure that everyone who have DUPA, it appeared after a stresfull event. It did in my case

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello there,

i just readed an interesting post Propecia and 5AR1 | HairLossTalk Forums toward finasteride, as we know fina block only type 2 of the 5ar enzyme. However type 1 5ar is present on the skin/ scalp and hair. Then i think it is possible that the increase of T that fina causes when it block 5ar2 might increase the activity of the 5ar type 1 which is present in your hair an skin, that's could explain why fina did't have any effect on dupa hairloss and maybe caused also an increase of acne for some of us. Maybe us duppa sufferer can be fucked up equally by 5ar1 and 5ar2

Thats why i am asking if any dupa sufferer out there tried dutasteride or topical dutasteride sell by minoxidil max. Dutasteride seems to block type 1 and 2 of 5ar.

I found one post who claim to have stopped his hairloss with duta :
Was dutasteride the right call for someone with DUPA? | HairLossTalk Forums

any thought so far ?